This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Having a Baby with a Ghost

floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
I know you can't Try For Baby with a ghost unless you have a mod, but my sim has the option to woohoo with a ghost. I have MCCC's risky woohoo turned on. Does that mean that if my female human sim woohooed with a male ghost sim, she might end up pregnant? Or would I still need a mod for that, too?
Gallery ID: floridameerkat
Family trees:
Young
Pearce
Niner
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    There are no ghost babies. There's a mod to allow ghosts to get pregnant, but the baby isn't a ghost. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=602411
  • Options
    Maggiedoll wrote: »
    There are no ghost babies.

I know, but is it still possible to have a sim become pregnant through woohooing with a ghost if I have MCCC's risky woohoo, or do I need a mod for that?

Also, does that mod only allow a ghost to become pregnant, or does it also allow sims to have a baby with a ghost, even if the mother is not dead herself?
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    it says it unlocks the "try for baby" interaction for ghosts. I'd think that would include male ghosts.
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Yes, I saw it happen to someone on these forums before. The baby will be a normal human.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    cabx88cabx88 Posts: 20 Member
    I think it's because the a ghost baby might be a little morbid in EA's eyes :(
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    cabx88 wrote: »
    I think it's because the a ghost baby might be a little morbid in EA's eyes :(

I doubt it since ghost babies are possible in The Sims 3.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    xxritaaaaaaaxxxxritaaaaaaaxx Posts: 31 Member
    I think that if you try for a baby w/ a ghost, if it’s a woman or a sim that can get pregnant, it will, w/ Mccc enabled, a ghost can’t but sim might get pregnant. Obv the baby won’t be a ghost w-w , and might have the dna of the ghost, but the dna of when he was alive...
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    So, as an update to this thread, I had my female sim (who is not a ghost or an occult of any type) move in with her ghost boyfriend. The option to try for baby is there, but for some reason, she will not get pregnant. I even set the percentage chance to 100 using MCCC, but she still didn't get pregnant. I'm not sure if it's because the ghost she's with is Bernard, from the Von Haunt Estate. I don't believe he was ever meant to be playable, so maybe certain interactions just don't work for him? Or maybe there's some other reason it's not working?
    Post edited by floridameerkat on
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2018
    Hmm I have never tried it but I’ve heard that risky woohoo with a ghost can result in pregnancy.

This may not be quite the same thing, but I moved in and revived Mimsy (one of the Von Haunt Estate ghosts) and she got a body but still thinks she’s a ghost: she does not age, can possess objects, can pass through sims and also cannot try for a baby). I got her pregnant through mccc risky woohoo (her daughter is my profile picture). So, I believe risky woohoo with a ghost should be able to result in pregnancy, since she was essentially still a ghost.

If you have not tried risky woohoo with Bernard, it might be worth a try.
  • Options
    Hmm I have never tried it but I’ve heard that risky woohoo with a ghost can result in pregnancy.

This may not be quite the same thing, but I moved in and revived Mimsy (one of the Von Haunt Estate ghosts) and she got a body but still thinks she’s a ghost: she does not age, can possess objects, can pass through sims and also cannot try for a baby). I got her pregnant through mccc risky woohoo (her daughter is my profile picture). So, I believe risky woohoo with a ghost should be able to result in pregnancy.

I have risky woohoo turned on, and I have them do regular woohoo often, but so far, nothing I do has resulted in a pregnancy. I will have to try again the next time I play that family. I just figured that since try for baby didn't work, even when set to 100% success rate, that it just wasn't possible.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member

This may not be quite the same thing, but I moved in and revived Mimsy (one of the Von Haunt Estate ghosts) and she got a body but still thinks she’s a ghost: she does not age, can possess objects, can pass through sims and also cannot try for a baby). I got her pregnant through mccc risky woohoo (her daughter is my profile picture). So, I believe risky woohoo with a ghost should be able to result in pregnancy.

I have risky woohoo turned on, and I have them do regular woohoo often, but so far, nothing I do has resulted in a pregnancy. I will have to try again the next time I play that family. I just figured that since try for baby didn't work, even when set to 100% success rate, that it just wasn't possible.
    That’s weird. As I say, I have only tried it with Mimsy and she had a body. Maybe try setting risky woohoo to 100% and then trying? If not, you may have to revive Bernard.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top