Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Building a lot under Murphy's Law

SomeBratInAMaskSomeBratInAMask Posts: 50 Member
Anything that can go wrong has gone wrong.

The project began innocuously enough. I had built a lounge a while back in Newcrest and finally decided it was time to finish it. Everything was going swimmingly, but I soon realized I needed a bigger lot if I wanted to expand the outdoor activities. So, I saved the 40x30 lot to my library (the original remains in Newcrest) and placed it on a 50x50 lot in Oasis Springs. The first thing that went wrong was annoying, but fixable: although I selected to place the lot fully furnished, only a few furniture pieces (a fireplace, some bottle shelves, and a menu) remained intact.

I wanted to work on the lawn first, because that was the whole reason I moved the lot. The missing furniture could be be dealt with later when I had more patience for tedium. I decorated the lawn to my heart's content, making some changes here and there to the building's construction to accommodate the outdoor activities.

It took, as you can figure, many hours. I had built a fenced patio deck into the ballroom so that it pointed towards the wedding garden outside. The garden floor was made with the terrain paint to create grass. Everything was fine when I saved the game and turned off my computer for the day. I really only had to move the furniture back in and check for mistakes.

Unfortunately, upon returning to this lot:
  1. Two trees were missing from my garden.
  2. A fountain was gone.
  3. The terrain had been covered up by flooring.
  4. The deck remained, but there was no more fencing around it.
  5. The wall adjacent to the deck was gone, leaving half of the bottle shelves that were attached to it (as well as the menu) missing -- the other half was just floating in the air.
  6. Inexplicably, there is an additional ceiling floating above the garden next to the second floor of the building.
  7. The small rounded deck I had on the second floor above the first deck has become an octagonal room with walls and a ceiling.
  8. Windows and balconies have disappeared with no sign of them ever having existed.

Okay, that's annoying, but that's the game. I get to work on repairs. The first time I delete the flooring in the garden, all is well. I re-add the fenced deck altogether because the floor was octagonal, so I couldn't redraw a rounded fence around it. But when I do that, the floor appears again on the garden. I go to remove the flooring again - except now, I cannot remove the flooring without everything in the garden being deleted simultaneously.

I have no idea what's going on or how to progress from here. Any help is super appreciated, thank you.
Post edited by SomeBratInAMask on

Comments