Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Preteens, boarding school, and university in future expansions?

Comments

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    Could you explain why you don't want the preteens in the game? haha I never understood why many people do not like this idea. >.<
    One reason is because the tween stage is as short, if not shorter than, the toddler stage.
    Another reason is because of the time and resources wasted repeating hundreds of animations for a new height. A child hugging a tween, a tween hugging a toddler, a tween hugging a baby, they're nothing new. They're just repeats of existing animations, redone for a new height.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    Could you explain why you don't want the preteens in the game? haha I never understood why many people do not like this idea. >.<
    One reason is because the tween stage is as short, if not shorter than, the toddler stage.
    Another reason is because of the time and resources wasted repeating hundreds of animations for a new height. A child hugging a tween, a tween hugging a toddler, a tween hugging a baby, they're nothing new. They're just repeats of existing animations, redone for a new height.

I have to agree with this. The only difference I remember there being in my "tween" stage compared to my teen stage was that my hormones were out of control and I was really, really moody... which we pretty much already have with kids and teens. I don't see how a tween stage is any different between the two.
  • Options
    makorthawatmakorthawat Posts: 18 Member
    > @Chazzzy said:
    > Boarding school is such a waste! If you don’t wanna raise your kids, don’t have them.

i want them but i hate them. kay? understand?
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member

I have to agree with this. The only difference I remember there being in my "tween" stage compared to my teen stage was that my hormones were out of control and I was really, really moody... which we pretty much already have with kids and teens. I don't see how a tween stage is any different between the two.

Right there is where you just said the difference in your tween years your hormones were out of control and you were really moody. We have that with Teens and Kids however I don't see kids being moody except being picky eaters and having stranger danger and wants to dress as a bear. Teens wants to distant from family I tried with my teenage son and it's like he was always with his family. Rebellious Teens where's the rebellion in this game all they do is curse. The loud phase I'm just like ok everything's loud.

With Tweens moody is off the chain imagine door slams, running up the stairs, talk back to authority instead of just cursing. Being mean to younger siblings, "borrowing" older siblings stuff and they agruement. Sneak out can come back for both teens and Tweens. I new mood ignore everyone or wanting to be around friends instead of family. In my opinion Tweens would be a nightmare but they would be fun.
  • Options

A tween life stage is short not really it's actually 3-4 years in a tween stage and in Sims people short lives for 7 days in the normal it's about 12 days a tween can actually fit within that time frame. The height thing maybe but then again your trying to make it seem that some people want Tweens because of height which that maybe true but as for me personally I see Tweens as a lifestage that's literally missing from the game I mean I've been wanting Tweens in the game Sims 2 so imagine my waiting period also the reason why some people have Tweens is because the Gurus said something about Tweens in 2015 so they have Tweens on their minds I'm just not letting them forget that idea. If it weren't for them sparking up the flame I wouldn't be strongly voicing for Tweens as I am now.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't see them ever adding in another life stage, especially one that's covered by two that already exist. If it's a matter of actions that you think a tween would do, but aren't in the game because tweens aren't in the game, those things can be added to kids and teens. If you want more rebellion or grumpiness or whatever that doesn't currently exist, it's not missing because tweens aren't in the game, it's because they haven't put it in the game and it can be added to kids/teens.

If something like more moodiness or raging hormones needs to be added, I suggest they add them to the last few days of the kid stage and the first few days of teen stage. Having those actions tie over into the next stage would give the appearance of a tween stage without the unnecessary addition of a short term life stage that adds nothing to game play in the end.

As for boarding schools, while I would like to play my kid/teen away at boarding school, I suspect due to space and needing other options more, that boarding schools will be an away option as they have been in past versions. If we get schools for kids/teens so we can follow them to school and play as students/teachers, I don't see the need of actual boarding schools in the game when those everyday schools will fill the want of playing as students and/or teachers. I would, however, like inviting the headmaster or commandant to dinner to schmooze them to get junior into those schools.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I don't see them ever adding in another life stage, especially one that's covered by two that already exist. If it's a matter of actions that you think a tween would do, but aren't in the game because tweens aren't in the game, those things can be added to kids and teens. If you want more rebellion or grumpiness or whatever that doesn't currently exist, it's not missing because tweens aren't in the game, it's because they haven't put it in the game and it can be added to kids/teens.

If something like more moodiness or raging hormones needs to be added, I suggest they add them to the last few days of the kid stage and the first few days of teen stage. Having those actions tie over into the next stage would give the appearance of a tween stage without the unnecessary addition of a short term life stage that adds nothing to game play in the end.

As for boarding schools, while I would like to play my kid/teen away at boarding school, I suspect due to space and needing other options more, that boarding schools will be an away option as they have been in past versions. If we get schools for kids/teens so we can follow them to school and play as students/teachers, I don't see the need of actual boarding schools in the game when those everyday schools will fill the want of playing as students and/or teachers. I would, however, like inviting the headmaster or commandant to dinner to schmooze them to get junior into those schools.

I want Pre-teens is because it's a lifestage the game is missing. A kid doesn't jump from kid to a teen there's an in between Tween/Preteens.

I really don't think it's wasting time I've been surprised more now with how the games are going then first starting. I'm shocked especially with Seasons they put a lot that I didn't expect would be in like the thunder, the leaf blower, the holidays especially. That tells me Preteens are promising if not we'll I wasted my time being hopeful and I'll start this all over again if/when there will be a season 5 I'm stubborn as heck and annoying at times and it can be my downfall at times but when I feel an idea is good and how fun it can be down the line in the future I have to push and voice it.
  • Options
    creedlescreedles Posts: 60 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    Preteens is pointless. They would be no different then children really (heck even teens are too much like adult sims). Preteen is that awkward life stage which I don't think they will bring some of that into the game. I do like the idea of boarding schools and see that as a possibility. University Life is already pretty much a given in the near future (possibly one of the next expansions).

Preteens would be very different from child sims, preteens would have the options to have boyfriends/girlfriends, kiss, play spin the bottle, have different random puberty events like voice-cracking/voice changing, zits, etc, new interactions like skateboarding and extra mean interactions since preteens are generally extra mean, new deaths, and preteens can die of certain deaths that children cannot like rabid rodent disease and lightning strikes. Preteens can dare each other to kiss and can have social media pages.
    Its rather disappointing how so many people who play this game hate new ideas, I thought this game was about creativity and yet a lot of people are so close minded to new ideas.
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Boarding school is such a waste! If you don’t wanna raise your kids, don’t have them.

Especially if your parents were like mine - that just seemed to forget you existed. I even got forgotten at boarding school over the Christmas Holidays when I was eight. They sent me presents (clothes and books) - so not totally forgotten, but to an 8 year old - well I've never gotten over it. It also results in kids not being close to their parents or siblings either when they grow up. The up side was I was the only new college student in my entire dorm that never got homesick, never called home, and spent college breaks with friends or extra studies.

I will never send my sims kids to boarding school. The idea leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm so sorry your parents did that to you :( my parents were like that too, I was not in boarding school, but my dad always left me alone growing up, first in daycares all day long until 5th grade then left home alone all day long after school and preparing my own meals. My childhood was rather lonely. I was taken by social services when I was 13 and put into a group home for a year and a half and that was alot worse than boarding school because there was alot of violent disturbed kids there and the staff were mean and it was like being in jail somewhat. The idea of just sent to live away from home against your will as a kid leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but I'd pick boarding school over a group home any day I suppose.
  • Options
    Returning to add an idea I had yesterday!! I'd also like to see a bubble tea/boba pop-up stand for the university expansion! It would sell at least 6 different popular boba flavors (strawberry, peach, mango, matcha, taro, and lavender), hot teas like earl grey, Windenburg breakfast (A sims spin on english breakfast!), and Jasmine pearl, as well as common boba shop fare like french style macarons (why not -they're already in the game!), red bean buns, sesame buns, pork buns, spring rolls, mochi, and mochi ice cream served in little paper boats eaten with toothpicks~

Since college kids are known to seek out "hip" and fun new hang-outs I think adding some sort of new food establishment or pass-time would help add depth to the expansion. I don't know what else could be added considering we already have the tools needed to create hipster cafes, hole-in-the-wall noodle shops, and internet cafes, but I'm sure some creative dev on the Sims team can come up with something. I'm not too in-touch with what's popular in college towns but I'm sure some inspiration could be drawn from popular university cities. Personally, I was recently on vacation in Portland and I'd LOVE to see the next expansion world based off the lovely Oregon style terrain. I was actually struck with how well a Portland themed world for Seasons would have fit considering practically every house in Portland neighborhoods (especially around Mt. Tabor) is covered in lovely plants and almost every house has a garden box in front of it.

Something I WOULD like to see is a "street" of establishments in the city in which all the buildings are connected (think small shopping center) but give us players the ability to build the insides and decorate the shop fronts.

I like your ideas they should also be included with a potential university expansion!
  • Options
    creedles wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I'm working on a Boarding School build now. It has a English vibe to it, but, never having been to boarding school, all I have as a reference is English Netflix movies and TV shows. :D

My mom was put into a French Boarding School when she was 6 years old, it was rather traumatic for her though :(

6 years old? In boarding school? Poor child!

In Czech republic we have
    Kindergarden (Materska skola) for 3-6 years old, it is obligate for last year before school.
    Basic school (Zakladni skola) for 6-15 years old. This have two degrees, first for1.-5. Grade, second for 6.-9. Grade.

After basic school we have Middle school (Stredni skola). It three types. One is call "Uciliste" and have only three grades. But is very practice. Bricklayers, Chefs, Joinery, Tailors ... Who does not have a head to study, but handy hands are the most common at uciliste.

Second type is "professional" middle school. It have four grades and some specialization. I was on librarian middle school. My brother go on construction middle school.

Second brother go on gymnazium. It is third typr middle school. Gymnasium are General or mathematical or sports.

We use name "high school" for university only!

It was very troubling for her :(
  • Options
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    Preteens is pointless. They would be no different then children really (heck even teens are too much like adult sims). Preteen is that awkward life stage which I don't think they will bring some of that into the game. I do like the idea of boarding schools and see that as a possibility. University Life is already pretty much a given in the near future (possibly one of the next expansions).

Preteens would be very different from child sims, preteens would have the options to have boyfriends/girlfriends, kiss, play spin the bottle, have different random puberty events like voice-cracking/voice changing, zits, etc, new interactions like skateboarding and extra mean interactions since preteens are generally extra mean, new deaths, and preteens can die of certain deaths that children cannot like rabid rodent disease and lightning strikes. Preteens can dare each other to kiss and can have social media pages.
    Its rather disappointing how so many people who play this game hate new ideas, I thought this game was about creativity and yet a lot of people are so close minded to new ideas.

Having Boyfriends and Girlfriend for Preteen I know it happens but I cringe hard Teens I can see boyfriend/girlfriend because in highschool...yeah but Tweens I see more crushes like holding hands, hugging, maybe a peck or two first kisses. Being around your crush and thinking about the crush. Spin the bottle was the game and I miss it on the Sims and also add drama to like jealousy when someone kisses your crush. Play Truth or Dare, 7 minutes in heaven. Preteens are mean I remember this is where Bullies are formed since at this age it's all about what's in style and what's cool. The voice crack omg yes I would love that in game.

Yes I agree this game franchise is all about being creative and having fun especially with something new as this I see new stories for the Simmers who love to tell stories, I see new family interactions good and bad, I see a lot of potential in preteens being added to the game.
  • Options
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    A kid doesn't jump from kid to a teen
    Yes they do!

My friends kid was a cute 6-8-10-12 year old Suddenly BAM!! nearly 14 and towering over everyone. A massive growth spurt in 18 months, went from talking non stop, to only grunted replies to direct questions.
    preteens would have the options to have boyfriends/girlfriends, kiss, play spin the bottle,
    that is creepily inappropriate!
    There's some seriously bad parenting happening if anyone is allowing anyone under 15 to engage in such activities.
    new interactions like skateboarding
    Should be available for child up.
    and extra mean interactions since preteens are generally extra mean
    Sounds like teens that you're talking about there.

Then again, maybe you're talking about my neighbours 4 year old, who comes out with the most horrible things that she's picked up at kindy.

Its rather disappointing how so many people who play this game hate new ideas,
    inorite?
    Middle age.
    Giving the elders more
    Making more homeworlds non-US themed
    Gothic seaside holiday instead of the old idea of a tropical seaside.
    Darker stuff in general.
    Farming... strangely a lot of people don't like the idea.

• Options
    A kid doesn't jump from kid to a teen
    Yes they do!

My friends kid was a cute 6-8-10-12 year old Suddenly BAM!! nearly 14 and towering over everyone. A massive growth spurt in 18 months, went from talking non stop, to only grunted replies to direct questions.
    preteens would have the options to have boyfriends/girlfriends, kiss, play spin the bottle,
    that is creepily inappropriate!
    There's some seriously bad parenting happening if anyone is allowing anyone under 15 to engage in such activities.
    new interactions like skateboarding
    Should be available for child up.
    and extra mean interactions since preteens are generally extra mean
    Sounds like teens that you're talking about there.

Then again, maybe you're talking about my neighbours 4 year old, who comes out with the most horrible things that she's picked up at kindy.

Its rather disappointing how so many people who play this game hate new ideas,
    inorite?
    Middle age.
    Giving the elders more
    Making more homeworlds non-US themed
    Gothic seaside holiday instead of the old idea of a tropical seaside.
    Darker stuff in general.
    Farming... strangely a lot of people don't like the idea.

Actually they don't jump a kid to a teen and all you did was talk about height. I have nieces, nephews, cousins second cousins right now I have 1. Nephew, 1. Niece 7. Second cousins all in there Preteens ages range from 10-12 or 13. All or not a like no but at different times you can see how they act one is like "hi everyone." The other will just look at you. Or vice versa. It depends on their mood i mean preteens are the moodiest lifestage and they are different compared to a kid and a teen a an 11 and 12 year old is not going to like the same thing a 5,6,7 year old would like they may try for a while but you will see them start to get restless and irritated before the complaining will start to happen.

Kids yeah they have attitude teens do as well but Preteens will literally make you want to shake them. They talk back to parents if not mudder something under their breath. They have the biggest attitudes I have ever seen especially if you make them mad. They are the door slamming, feet stomping, hell raising Preteens but they can be nice if they think you are "cool"
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    I have to admit I cringed at the thought of Boarding School, but once you explained it, I like the idea. I certainly am not in favor of losing the only surviving member of a Sim family due to unfortunate circumstances. This is a very clever way to keep them in game and accessible.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    all you did was talk about height.
    No, I didn't. You bolded it yourself!
    went from talking non stop, to only grunted replies to direct questions.

I have nieces, nephews, cousins second cousins
    Apparently I live on an island where there are no other people...

mudder
    What does that word mean? Are you trying to say mutter?
    They have the biggest attitudes I have ever seen especially if you make them mad. They are the door slamming, feet stomping, hell raising Preteens
    *Children/Teens.
    This is not unique behaviour for tweens, children do it, teens do it.

There is nothing special or unique about tweens, they are just the middle ground, the overlap, between children and teens. Everything they do, one or the other does.

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2018
    I have to admit I cringed at the thought of Boarding School, but once you explained it, I like the idea. I certainly am not in favor of losing the only surviving member of a Sim family due to unfortunate circumstances. This is a very clever way to keep them in game and accessible.

Unfortunately Sims 4 destroys the files of children and under who are taken away. They'd have to do some serious, heavy duty reprogramming in the game to make that happen - and I believe it is tied in with the cull feature - so I really don't see that happening. That programming goes right to the original programming in the Sims 4.

I recall a simmer once begging the devs to give her a way to get her sims kids back as she had spent a lot of time making them and skilling them only to have them taken away when their parents died. She had planned to let their grandmother raise them - but there was no way to get them back as the dev that replied says the game destroys their files when they get taken.

Someone suggested to the devs to make it like Sims2 - that puts all kids and pets in the adoption pool - but thus far have not heard any more on this outside of the mass undertaking that would require.

ETA -I have an idea - maybe they could add some kind of switch to the game if parents die - where they can stop the action and ask the simmer would they like another member of the family or person in another house to get the kids or even pets - before services come take them away? I could see where that could work and not bother the cull feature. It also should not be cause for a lot of extra reprogramming if they did it sort of like the pop ups our sims get when they have to make choices when volunteering or at work.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    I'm also not in the preteen bandwagon. Like it was stated before I don't think the game play would be that much different from children or teens for that matter. In the end we'd have yet another life stage with not much depth to it. I'd rather have children and teens life stages tweaked and expanded with more game play. To me it's quality over quantity.
  • Options
    all you did was talk about height.
    No, I didn't. You bolded it yourself!
    went from talking non stop, to only grunted replies to direct questions.

I have nieces, nephews, cousins second cousins
    Apparently I live on an island where there are no other people...

mudder
    What does that word mean? Are you trying to say mutter?
    They have the biggest attitudes I have ever seen especially if you make them mad. They are the door slamming, feet stomping, hell raising Preteens
    *Children/Teens.
    This is not unique behaviour for tweens, children do it, teens do it.

There is nothing special or unique about tweens, they are just the middle ground, the overlap, between children and teens. Everything they do, one or the other does.

Now cool your jets kid before you break a rule I'm just talking.
    Number 1. Well to me it seems you were talking about height because that's what most people do is talk about height is for and against preteens my mistake if you weren't.
    Number 2. I sometimes wish I did live on an island where there's no other people they can be irritating at times.
    Number3. At least you knew what I meant so that's what counts.
    Number 4. Oh yes teens have attitude but not like a tween because that's acting immature for a teen. Now a child's attitude all they do is get upset and cry stomp their feet and so on and so forth. A tween is a firecracker they have only two moods either their happy or downright 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    And again the same agruement is for YA and yet we have them if their put in the game for Uni. and their the only ones going to uni. Then my side of this debate is done but if all stages from YA to Elder can go to Uni. My side of this debate still stands what does a YA do that's different then an A in this game? Unless I'm playing the game wrong.
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Let's cool it please people! Sometimes misunderstandings happen but let's please pump the breaks out and keep it respectful. :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I just uploaded La Salle Boarding School to the gallery. You can use it to tell your stories or, maybe when we get an Education pack, use it for a school. You can read more about it in the Sims 4 Lots section or check it out on the gallery at my I.D. #dannydanbo

29938624098_2a0cf00283_h.jpg
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    there is no middle school
    That's some realism for ya! :p
    Middle school isn't a thing here.
    There's primary school for children, and there's secondary school for teens. Logically, nothing comes between primary and secondary.
    Typically primary school is R-7 and secondary school is 8-12, but in some parts of the country, primary school is r-6, and secondary school is 7-12. But there' aren't separate 'middle' schools, just lots of primary schools, a bunch of amalgamated secondary schools, and the occasional senior school (yrs 11 and 12 only).
    Preteens are primary school students.

That's true -- in many private schools especially the parochial (Catholic) school systems, the elementary schools cover K-8, then high schools are for 9-12th grade. I really don't see the point of preteens at this point in the game.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Unless I'm playing the game wrong.

That could be it.

Perhaps you need to spend more time with 18-25 yearolds, and then 30-45 yearolds, and then 60 year olds, and then 90 year olds.
    The way someone looks, acts, and dresses at 20 is usually quite different to what they're doing in their 40's, which is different again to their 60's, and different again in their 90's

How often do you see a 90 year old, attending a music festival in short shorts and a flower crown? While a 60 year old might attend the festival, they're probably not going to do so in skimpy fashion. And a 40 year old is more likely remember sunscreen, a long shirt, and a hat, unlike the 20 year old, who will end up looking like an over ripe tomato by the end of the weekend.

A 20 year old can go nightclubbing, night after night after night after night, and still go to class in the morning. A 40 year old is going to struggle to be functional after one night out until dawn. A 60 year old??? A 90 year old needs their beauty sleep.

The game already contains children, teens, young adults, adults and elders. ALL of which need tweaking a heck of a lot more. before any other stages are added.

There's primary school for children, and there's secondary school for teens. Logically, nothing comes between primary and secondary.
    Typically primary school is R-7 and secondary school is 8-12, but in some parts of the country, primary school is r-6, and secondary school is 7-12. But there' aren't separate 'middle' schools, just lots of primary schools, a bunch of amalgamated secondary schools, and the occasional senior school (yrs 11 and 12 only).

That's true -- in many private schools especially the parochial (Catholic) school systems, the elementary schools cover K-8, then high schools are for 9-12th grade. I really don't see the point of preteens at this point in the game.

The majority of private schools in my state (probably the majority in this country), are R-12. Reception to year 12, all on the one campus, all with the same uniforms. It certainly makes the secondhand uniform business a lot easier.
  • Options
    Unless I'm playing the game wrong.

That could be it.

Perhaps you need to spend more time with 18-25 yearolds, and then 30-45 yearolds, and then 60 year olds, and then 90 year olds.
    The way someone looks, acts, and dresses at 20 is usually quite different to what they're doing in their 40's, which is different again to their 60's, and different again in their 90's

How often do you see a 90 year old, attending a music festival in short shorts and a flower crown? While a 60 year old might attend the festival, they're probably not going to do so in skimpy fashion. And a 40 year old is more likely remember sunscreen, a long shirt, and a hat, unlike the 20 year old, who will end up looking like an over ripe tomato by the end of the weekend.

A 20 year old can go nightclubbing, night after night after night after night, and still go to class in the morning. A 40 year old is going to struggle to be functional after one night out until dawn. A 60 year old??? A 90 year old needs their beauty sleep.

The game already contains children, teens, young adults, adults and elders. ALL of which need tweaking a heck of a lot more. before any other stages are added.

The majority of private schools in my state (probably the majority in this country), are R-12. Reception to year 12, all on the one campus, all with the same uniforms. It certainly makes the secondhand uniform business a lot easier.

I'm glad you said that I should spend time with others ages since I do with my religion, It's from a baby all the way to a lady whose 100 and Let me tell you those women and men I there 50-60 can out beat the 20 year olds in some cases when it comes to the clubbing (Since cougar and sugar daddies are a thing.) I saw a 70 year old at a music festival she flower power honey from head to toe my friends took a pic with her.

Yeah I know some lifestages in the game can be tweaked but now that I've seen what this game can do and what they put in the game especially this past year I'm hopeful for Preteens and if not this game then maybe if/when Sims 5 comes out then I'll start this over again if I don't see Pre-teens. If I get a confirmed no on Preteens for this game it'll hurt like heck but I'll stop asking, talking, hoping, all of it until Sims 5 comes out lol.
  • Options
    PerfectSorrowPerfectSorrow Posts: 58 Member
    > It'd be really nice if the upstairs were flats for sim students.

Really like this idea, where they pay rent weekly to live out of a dorm. It feels realistic, and being able to live above a commercial lot could give bonus things, a pizza joint sends over pizza that didn’t sell once in a while cause you live there, or a cafe gives you a discount on coffee. There could be negatives too, like annoyed by noise, or hungry more often cause they smell the bakery down stairs lol!

As mentioned many many times before the option to live at home and commute should be an option too, as long as you still get the option to take part in campus clubs and events

Another suggestion that might be able to be launched/implemented in a uni EP would the idea of credit and debt. Like maybe you can sign up for a credit card to help get started or replace a stove when you have no mechanical skill. Uni could cost money each term, with the option to take a loan for it and pay back when working. Just a thought. I know there are cheats, but wouldn’t it be fun to cry it out cause your swimming in debt, then be able to feel so accomplished (confidence or pride if that’s a mood) once you’ve paid it off?