Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Heartbreaking Sim moments.

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    The saddest moment for me was when the first dog I’ve made after getting the cats and dogs expansion died, the way pets die in Sims 4 is so sad compared to 3, they just lie down and get reaped while sims cry around them. It was made sadder because the moodlette given to one of my sims was titled “bark no more”, and I couldn’t help but get teary eyed because I could relate on a personal level. I wouldn’t have gotten sad at all if I didn’t feel a connection to the dog, but the pets in Sims 4 I think are really well done in that aspect.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    My most heart stopping moment occurred while playing Sims 3. I'd sent one of my sim kids to visit a friend and received a pop up saying she had drowned. Immediately switched to her and there was the grim reaper. I exited without saving.
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I had my first made alien sim die of old age on rotational play of that household. I played a few other households on rotation. Most of them her children, they were all sad, but then I played the eldest daughter. Her son aged from baby to toddler with the lost a grandparent modlet. This little fellow is sad all the time. I will have to figure out a sad story line for him
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    Voldarian_EmpireVoldarian_Empire Posts: 134 Member
    My most heart stopping moment occurred while playing Sims 3. I'd sent one of my sim kids to visit a friend and received a pop up saying she had drowned. Immediately switched to her and there was the grim reaper. I exited without saving.

I had no idea that could even happen! That would be horrifying

I dont think I'm at a huge risk for it because I rarely use autonomy but i am already thinking twice about letting my kids go to friends houses without my omniscient presence
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I started all my CAS born young adults over by aging them down to toddlers and giving them parents.
    So basically, I am playing out all their backstories that I had given them when I made them in CAS.

I knew Olivia was going to be different because she was the only one who had no living relatives at all in her backstory.
    I did not expect to get so attached to her parents while playing her.
    TS4_x64%202018-08-05%2022-17-29-20.png

TS4_x64%202018-08-06%2009-21-06-17.png

TS4_x64%202018-08-08%2008-21-23-66.png

Eventually the time came to play out the passing of her dad.
    TS4_x64%202018-08-12%2015-19-23-62.png

TS4_x64%202018-08-12%2021-43-04-69.png

TS4_x64%202018-08-12%2021-46-44-11.png

All though I knew this was going to happen in advance, this is still the saddest I have been in all of my simming.
    TS4_x64%202018-08-12%2021-50-54-73.png
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    My sim had just married her husband and was expecting, they watched a comedy and both became hysterical. I was controlling her having her cook and pee when I look over and the husband who was just watching civic public access had laughed himself to death and was just an urn and some dust...
  • Options
    Chelseadude182Chelseadude182 Posts: 943 Member
    I find it heartbreaking when animals die :disappointed: however I do like the animation when the greaper comes to collect them. Makes me feel slightly better :blush:
  • Options
    SherryRNSherryRN Posts: 45 Member
    I think the developers have read Discworld. I dread when my animals eventually die... but I appreciate the detail that went into this.
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Bob and Eliza Pancakes have 2 kids in my current save. Eliza was at the Willow Creek gym in winter and froze to death, on Winterfest eve.

Her daughter was crying in her bed on Winterfest.
  • Options
    BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    I hated that event in the Sims 2 where one sim could be left at the altar. The way the sim flinched at the sound of their fiance slamming the car door always got me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZDQPHyLB8
  • Options
    simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    My sims were all peacefully sleeping one night, Granny and Grandpa in their room, mum and dad tucked in and the kids fast asleep.. so as you do, I hit x3 speed and went into superspeed since everyone was sleeping. Speed auto returned to normal as the grandparents got out of bed at the same time and then both died of old age at the same time, one on each side of the bed. Even Grim cried. They'd been child BFFs and teen sweethearts so I figure neither could live without the other. :'(
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims