Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Heartbreaking Sim moments.

PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
Are there any things you could not watch? Any sim game counts.

For me mine happened in Sims 3.

I had a cas made sim with the Family Oriented trait. I played on long lifespan but she eventually found the one. After several successful dates they married and as both had a wish to have a baby, I started the family. I had given her the fertility trait, as she was also ambitious. 3 Days later they welcomed triplets, they where both great parents, so as soon as the moodlet ran out and they wanted to try again, I let them. 3 days later they welcomed twins.

Since 5 newborns was chaos I decided to age up the triplets, first 1 went according to plan. Dad was taking them to cake, mum was starting on training. Number 2 did not go according to plan. The cake caught fire (spontaneous combustion), they had a smoke alarm in the kitchen and it was an open plan kitchen /dinner/ living room. Everything in the dining room area was on fire including the dad, I had him try to put the newborn down and go take a shower. I also had the mum try to put him out but everything auto canceled, the only thing that worked was sending the 1 toddler to a bedroom.
Dad had an Expire notice above him, he walked to a small corner of living room that was not on fire, kissed his newborn put her down and died.

The firemen arrived just after and gave my sim a warning, to be more careful next time.

My Sims bars where all in the orange red, I knew she was dying but was not sure if social services would come for children first. It was something that was inevitable and not something I had planned or could watch. I saved and exited the game. 5+ years later never returned to that save.
Post edited by Plainevil on

Comments

• Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    What I find heartbreaking is in TS4 the animation when a sim is rejecting a kiss from another one. Sadly, I don't have a picture, but it happened once when I had a sim kiss her boyfriend (!). He pushed her away and seemed really upset. It broke my heart to see it, but I also thought it was utterly funny, as they were a couple and stuff. Maybe he just wasn't into kissing?
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    What I find heartbreaking is in TS4 the animation when a sim is rejecting a kiss from another one. Sadly, I don't have a picture, but it happened once when I had a sim kiss her boyfriend (!). He pushed her away and seemed really upset. It broke my heart to see it, but I also thought it was utterly funny, as they were a couple and stuff. Maybe he just wasn't into kissing?

Maybe its his traits. The sim I am currently playing in sims 4 her boyfriend is evil/ genius , she invites him over he kicks the bin over then picks it up.
    If there relationship has degraded to far, that can also cause rejection.
  • Options
    TestingThisOut77TestingThisOut77 Posts: 79 Member
    Nothing's sadder than having a couple that's been in love since they were teenagers, and suddenly one of them dies of old age...
    Check out my stories "On Their Way" (An Alien Legacy) and "Confining Space" (An Original Story) at https://simsbroughtbypenguins.wordpress.com!
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Mine was in TS2. I played the pre-made sims in Pleasantville. I ended up getting Dina Caliente and Don Lothario married, after breaking up Cassandra Goth and Don. They were both working, Don in culinary, Dina in Criminal. They had a baby boy. It was just thoughtlessness on my part, but I sent them both to work, forgetting to hire a nanny for the little boy. Of course he was taken away. Don came home from work, heartbroken. I could still take care of his needs, sent him to grab some quick food, then sleep. So he was basically ok. When Dina came home, she was close to dying from low needs and a broken heart. She was too tired to eat, and too hungry to do much else. Of course she died. I managed to wake Don up, so he could plead for her life. He succeeded, but boy, was it a struggle. Both to make her come back to life, and to get her needs back up, all the while I was sitting here crying! Everything happened because I didn't think!

I had my main family adopt the boy, then get him re-aquainted with his biological parents. I think that's the last time I had a controlled sim die (its at least 10 years ago!). It was nerve wrecking!
  • Options
    Plainevil wrote: »

Maybe its his traits. The sim I am currently playing in sims 4 her boyfriend is evil/ genius , she invites him over he kicks the bin over then picks it up.

The sim was actually Joaquin Le Chien and according to Sims Wiki, he has the traits Goofball, Outgoing and Music Lover, so I don't think that was the reason behind it. So weird :D

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    edited July 2018
    Way back in TS1, I fell in love with the Newbies. Bob loved to drink punch and try talking to his beagle. All these years later I just find that concept hilarious. His dog was his best friend, I guess. Anyway, one day, while grilling (I think) Bob started a fire on the patio, and Betty couldn't save him. I was distraught, and exited without saving. Then later, their son Billy got bit by his hamster, and because I'd never completed the tutorial, he was basically in a coma. His needs never moved, so if I put him to bed he stayed there, because every time I woke him up he'd die from the hamster bite, and I'd exit without saving, thinking I could do something different. Eventually I just left Billy in a coma, essentially.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    In the first Sims game when my sim Shelia died in a stove fire after hours of gameplay and it said game over. I was shocked and upset and I hadn't saved..
    I blame that for making me a callous deviant player.. Thanks Will Wright.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member

The sim was actually Joaquin Le Chien and according to Sims Wiki, he has the traits Goofball, Outgoing and Music Lover, so I don't think that was the reason behind it. So weird :D

What were your sim's traits?
    It could be that they just don't click. I've had it happen in TS4 before.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Nothing's sadder than having a couple that's been in love since they were teenagers, and suddenly one of them dies of old age...

Oh glob! That's going to happen to me! The couple in my avi are now young adults and I've been playing them since I made them in CAS as teenagers.They just got engaged.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    I get far to attached to my pixelated people to let anything happen to them, while I do enjoy reading others peoples stories. Natural death or disasters occurs very infrequently in my game.

My currant game is to be played on normal life span, so I will be be meeting the reaper much sooner than normal for my games.

Kissing rejection while I recall it well from Sims 2 or 3, have only seen it once during 4 and it was not even an active sim. Don lothario rejected a townie when she tried to kiss him at the romance festival.

The nanny's where unreliable in 2, came close a few times when nanny failed to show. Don and Dina you must have had a maid, as there housekeeping skills where appalling.
  • Options
    keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    In the first Sims game when my sim Shelia died in a stove fire after hours of gameplay and it said game over. I was shocked and upset and I hadn't saved..
    I blame that for making me a callous deviant player.. Thanks Will Wright.

Lol! I feel like deviant players were traumatized by losing a sim they liked.

Once upon a time, I forced my brother to play (either Sims 2 or 3) He spent a long time making an adorably lovely married couple, built them a house, custom furnished it. Then he actually started playing. The first thing he did was send them out to stargaze on the lawn together. A meteor crashed down from the sky killing them both and setting the house on fire. He got a game over.

I have never gotten him to play normally since. It's always dungeon rooms and drowning :joy:
  • Options
    1ovemysims1ovemysims Posts: 57 Member
    Are there any things you could not watch? Any sim game counts.

For me mine happened in Sims 3.

I had a cas made sim with the Family Oriented trait. I played on long lifespan but she eventually found the one. After several successful dates they married and as both had a wish to have a baby, I started the family. I had given her the fertility trait, as she was also ambitious. 3 Days later they welcomed triplets, they where both great parents, so as soon as the moodlet ran out and they wanted to try again, I let them. 3 days later they welcomed twins.

Since 5 newborns was chaos I decided to age up the triplets, first 1 went according to plan. Dad was taking them to cake, mum was starting on training. Number 2 did not go according to plan. The cake caught fire (spontaneous combustion), they had a smoke alarm in the kitchen and it was an open plan kitchen /dinner/ living room. Everything in the dining room area was on fire including the dad, I had him try to put the newborn down and go take a shower. I also had the mum try to put him out but everything auto canceled, the only thing that worked was sending the 1 toddler to a bedroom.
    Dad had an Expire notice above him, he walked to a small corner of living room that was not on fire, kissed his newborn put her down and died.

The firemen arrived just after and gave my sim a warning, to be more careful next time.

My Sims bars where all in the orange red, I knew she was dying but was not sure if social services would come for children first. It was something that was inevitable and not something I had planned or could watch. I saved and exited the game. 5+ years later never returned to that save.

You should send them a letter and let them know how you feel, it should be an outcry for stuff that horrible, It hurt me just reading it.

In Sims 4 I aged up my child and it looked to be 60 years old just of late, even the body uglyest thing I ever saw on my game. I was lucky I did not save. You have to remember not to save. Sorry, you saved. Just delete the save and try not to think on it.
  • Options
    citysimmer wrote: »

Her traits are clumsy, self-assured and dance machine o:)

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    More than likely he is a cheater so dump him.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I get far to attached to my pixelated people to let anything happen to them, while I do enjoy reading others peoples stories. Natural death or disasters occurs very infrequently in my game.

My currant game is to be played on normal life span, so I will be be meeting the reaper much sooner than normal for my games.

Kissing rejection while I recall it well from Sims 2 or 3, have only seen it once during 4 and it was not even an active sim. Don lothario rejected a townie when she tried to kiss him at the romance festival.

The nanny's where unreliable in 2, came close a few times when nanny failed to show. Don and Dina you must have had a maid, as there housekeeping skills where appalling.

Same here. The first sims 4 death I remember witnessing was Dylan Lowell, the oldest of two sons, who died of old age. He'd been asleep and woke up. Then, he just..... went. I wanted to cry because he was the first born in game sim I'd played from birth to death. I didn't see his parents or brother die. Just him and his wife.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member

Hmm. You'd think they'd mesh well with those triats, but I guess not. Sometimes certain sims just won't cooperate without cheats no matter how much you try to put them together. :disappointed:
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,578 Member
    I have a couple of stories, both from Sims2 and both from the same family. Mom got scared to death by the ghost shortly after giving birth to her daughter, which gave the family toddler twin sons and an infant. Grandma had refused to eat, even though I directed her to do so several times. So, she died of starvation. Once Mama passed, that left hubby and Grandpa alone to deal with three small children. I deleted the game.

Starting them all over again, this time Mama survived to have all five of the predetermined children. She also drew the want to have ten children, which required that I move some out of the household. Some went off to university. Dad, who was substantially older than his wife, got old. I had just learned you could plead with Grimmie and didn't realize that was only for an unnatural death, but not a natural one, such as old age. Well, Dad passed away and the children were all weeping, as well as his wife. At that time in my life I was losing a person from my inner circle about every six weeks to 2 months, starting with the death of my Dad. I deleted this game, too. It was just too hard to bear.

I also have another story from Sims3. Random deaths just weren't happening in my game, which was disappointing on the one side. But not so much when the game decided to take out my favorite Sim! Same family as above, but the brother of the wife, who was my aspiring singer. He was on the rise when a freak fireplace fire took him out. I just sat at my desk, staring in disbelief. Yes, I deleted the game. Not a reasonable way of handling things, I know, but it works for me. I'm a writer and when the plot takes a wrong turn, you delete and start again. LOL Oh, what happened to Erik, you ask? He finally went on to become a Rock Star. We're talking large stadiums full of fans, 5-star celebrity. The only thing is, he was rather unlucky in love. Oh, well, can't have it all. But, yeah, the twists and turns the game metes out can make for some good storytelling.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    I have a couple of stories, both from Sims2 and both from the same family. Mom got scared to death by the ghost shortly after giving birth to her daughter, which gave the family toddler twin sons and an infant. Grandma had refused to eat, even though I directed her to do so several times. So, she died of starvation. Once Mama passed, that left hubby and Grandpa alone to deal with three small children. I deleted the game.

Starting them all over again, this time Mama survived to have all five of the predetermined children. She also drew the want to have ten children, which required that I move some out of the household. Some went off to university. Dad, who was substantially older than his wife, got old. I had just learned you could plead with Grimmie and didn't realize that was only for an unnatural death, but not a natural one, such as old age. Well, Dad passed away and the children were all weeping, as well as his wife. At that time in my life I was losing a person from my inner circle about every six weeks to 2 months, starting with the death of my Dad. I deleted this game, too. It was just too hard to bear.

I also have another story from Sims3. Random deaths just weren't happening in my game, which was disappointing on the one side. But not so much when the game decided to take out my favorite Sim! Same family as above, but the brother of the wife, who was my aspiring singer. He was on the rise when a freak fireplace fire took him out. I just sat at my desk, staring in disbelief. Yes, I deleted the game. Not a reasonable way of handling things, I know, but it works for me. I'm a writer and when the plot takes a wrong turn, you delete and start again. LOL Oh, what happened to Erik, you ask? He finally went on to become a Rock Star. We're talking large stadiums full of fans, 5-star celebrity. The only thing is, he was rather unlucky in love. Oh, well, can't have it all. But, yeah, the twists and turns the game metes out can make for some good storytelling.

To me, your two first stories showed your real feelings I could sense your pain as you watched as though I was there You can get lost in your words they were very sad. I just feel its no reason to hurt someone to that extent that bought your game. I am sure that was shocking and unexpected.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    The most heartbreaking moment I have had was when a troubled vampire teen died, because I didn't think. He was hotheaded and being a pain in the neck towards his family, so I angrily sent him out to jog to clear his mind. I failed to realize the sun was still up, and when he came home, he collapsed on the street right in front of the house and burned to a crisp. Later, I added his ghost to the household and revived him, but he has had a special place in my heart ever since.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    This is my first time really trying to manage more than one family in TS4 (I usually play quasi-legacy style where I follow one 'heir' and send the off into the world to do their own thing, but this time I wanted to try my hand at multiple families). I had my sim date and move in with Alexander Goth and the other Goths, but was way too attached to her family that I had them move in with hers a sim day or two later. By the time I put them back in, the beloved family pet had died, and I can't find his urn anywhere.

I have no idea where he died or how he died.
  • Options

Hmm. You'd think they'd mesh well with those triats, but I guess not. Sometimes certain sims just won't cooperate without cheats no matter how much you try to put them together. :disappointed:

The funny thing is, they click with each other well, the situation I described before was just a single incident which hasn't happened again :D

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    BlueEyedGirl4BlueEyedGirl4 Posts: 1 New Member
    Definitely when I was playing the legacy challenge and the guy my Sim was married to got eaten by a cowplant before they could have any kids.
  • Options

Once upon a time, I forced my brother to play (either Sims 2 or 3) He spent a long time making an adorably lovely married couple, built them a house, custom furnished it. Then he actually started playing. The first thing he did was send them out to stargaze on the lawn together. A meteor crashed down from the sky killing them both and setting the house on fire. He got a game over.

I have never gotten him to play normally since. It's always dungeon rooms and drowning :joy: [/quote]

Sims 3 ambitions had meteorites, had a few close calls myself when ever I played the Strikers in Bridgeport they dropped regularly on there house and garden. Have all so seen drops on the school and coffee shop. No deaths there but Sims where walking round in the singed state for weeks.

In Sunset Valley a meteorite dropped on city hall, there where several deaths but none of my own family.

At least I got to see my sim max her career and start the family she wanted, even though they never got to raise them.

• Options
    Holy_CowHoly_Cow Posts: 47 Member
    One day in Oasis Springs my male sim proposed to my female sim. They had a strong relationship and went on dates almost every day. She rejected him over and over again until they despised each other.
    Holy cow! I completed the Grilled Cheese Aspiration! :P
  • Options
    corbindamormoncorbindamormon Posts: 9 New Member
    Recently I made the horrible decision to make my real life family in game (because I have no friends) and I started off with my grandma and her mom and dad and her siblings and I went on to follow my grandmas actual life like her and my grandpas actual jobs, building their actual house in game, made their kids, and i followed through and did the same thing with my mom and now Im playing my sim self and it has been interesting to see actual events that happened in my life and recreating them in the sims and now im getting to the point where its in my future and i am at the point where my grandma has 0 days left and its just weird because shes still alive in real life and I don't think that I can watch her sim self die so i stopped playing the save