Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Empty-ish Quarter?

Comments

• Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I think we may be changing from quarters to halves or even wholes.

Well i'll be preparing for dry spells then.

But surely Seasons can give everyone enough playtime to last until whatever is coming out next comes out. It's a nice meaty pack. Tons of gameplay. If we start getting bored and need to be satisfied every other month or so, all we get may be shallow SPs's.

Even so I'm longing for a Pool Stuffpack now. I want more items for pools.

Me too, but I'm not so sure about a Pool Stuffpack. That would basically mean only one new gameplay item - like a diving board or a slide - and and then a whole lot of items based roughly on what we already have in the game. And then it will be a case of, 'Okay we've done pools now, let's move on.' I would like to see a lot more pool-based content; not just one new item.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2018
    We got Seasons this summer and it has summer in it. How much more summer do you need? :D

Yes seasons has some Summer things but not enough. I need some Pool Slides,Floaties and Pool Waterfalls.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    We got Seasons this summer and it has summer in it. How much more summer do you need? :D

Yes seasons has some Summer things but not enough. I need some Pool Slides,Floaties and Pool Waterfalls.

Well, I'm sorry you're unhappy with the Seasons pack because it didn't include enough summer stuff for you, but I love the Seasons pack and am very grateful for all their hard work. After all, a pool floatie doesn't really have anything to to with weather, which is the main focus of Seasons.
  • Options

Well, I'm sorry you're unhappy with the Seasons pack because it didn't include enough summer stuff for you, but I love the Seasons pack and am very grateful for all their hard work. After all, a pool floatie doesn't really have anything to to with weather, which is the main focus of Seasons.

I'm not unhappy with Seasons I love it. I'm just unhappy they didn't add more pool items for Summer.
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member

I'm not unhappy with Seasons I love it. I'm just unhappy they didn't add more pool items for Summer.

I must agree with the bolded part. I'm one of those people who think there should've been more for the pool to do. It's fun how they added the little buffs when you swim in the summerheat, but I would've loved more items, idk.
  • Options
    DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    No salt or anything, but I've uinstalled the game in its entirety from my PC. I'm busying myself with writing again, language-learning and occasionally, The Guild Wars 2. I'm waiting until theteam decide to bring back the Supernatural Life States. Then I'll resume simming on The Sims 4.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

Well, more pool stuff (which IMO should be a SP anyway) would mean less stuff somewhere else. So, what stuff from Seasons are you willing to trade out to get pool stuff in?
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    agustd wrote: »
    That tweet about "summer of sims" though. It looked like its purpose was to promise something.

I would like to get a new stuff pack. The last one wasn't good in my opinion, putting the money grabbing antics aside the content was weak. I always like getting new CAS items.

Releasing a summer themed stuff pack right after Seasons is something they would totally do. Also we've been getting an outdoor focused stuff pack every summer since the start so it's very much possible.

'The Sims 4 Summer Themed Stuff' Stuff that could have been in the Seasons EP but we thought that we would tease a bit of out in the summer instead!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    That tweet about "summer of sims" though. It looked like its purpose was to promise something.

I would like to get a new stuff pack. The last one wasn't good in my opinion, putting the money grabbing antics aside the content was weak. I always like getting new CAS items.

Releasing a summer themed stuff pack right after Seasons is something they would totally do. Also we've been getting an outdoor focused stuff pack every summer since the start so it's very much possible.

And make it dependent on already owning Seasons, with most or at least much of the content being a rehash of what that gave us. Getting the feeling EA is viewing TS4 as not worth any real effort. Got a less than ideal Seasons to hush us up for a long while so they can focus on the real money makers. Yes, I'm feeling cynical about them.
  • Options
    BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    They won't be releasing a DLC for DLC again at least for a while. Pool stuff wouldn't be bad. It would be available for everyone and probably have more than one new content. Like the floaty thing plus a slide maybe. I don't think a fountain would technically need new gameplay.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Since SimGuruKate was sure to mention some quarters wont have packs I expect nothing till October because there's no way next quarter is not going to have a pack in time for Christmas so I expect they had to move around resources to make sure the expansion was ready in time. So my guess is get ready for a dry summer of nothing but bug fixes.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

After MFPS I seriously doubt it.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Since SimGuruKate was sure to mention some quarters wont have packs I expect nothing till October because there's no way next quarter is not going to have a pack in time for Christmas so I expect they had to move around resources to make sure the expansion was ready in time. So my guess is get ready for a dry summer of nothing but bug fixes.

It's not worse, I prefer get nothing and they correct all bugs than continue to have more content and more bugs. This game slowly starts to be unplayable, so we need more fixes instead of more content.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options

And make it dependent on already owning Seasons, with most or at least much of the content being a rehash of what that gave us. Getting the feeling EA is viewing TS4 as not worth any real effort. Got a less than ideal Seasons to hush us up for a long while so they can focus on the real money makers. Yes, I'm feeling cynical about them.

We dont need Seasons for more pool items. Pools came with the base game.
  • Options

So you dont think we ll get a Summer Themed Stuffpack.
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member

Probably not. I get the feeling that people will think it's my first pet stuff too since pool stuff could have been easily implemented into the summer portion of seasons.
  • Options
    MrMonty96 wrote: »

Probably not. I get the feeling that people will think it's my first pet stuff too since pool stuff could have been easily implemented into the summer portion of seasons.

That's exactly what I think. And I know they are smart enough to not release a pool SP just after Seasons.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited July 2018

they have done so many packs for outdoor tho.

perfect patio
    romantic garden
    backyard stuff
    toddler stuff

how about

new items for newborn
    strollers and baby bath/change/dress.

day care for toddlers with new fun items and clothing

new toys for kids including tree houses, play tag, hide and seek

teens ,create a band, including drum set, singing. new items , clothing and basement bedroom.
    prom.

elders,
    walking sticks, feed ducks or birds. go to bingo or dance club. pottery

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    marcel21 wrote: »

perfect patio
    romantic garden
    backyard stuff
    toddler stuff

how about

new items for newborn

teens ,create a band, including drum set, singing. new items , clothing and basement bedroom.
    prom.

elders,

True but they haven't done a Stuffpack on Pools yet. That's a major Summer Theme.
  • Options
    GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    edited July 2018
    I think we may be changing from quarters to halves or even wholes.

Well i'll be preparing for dry spells then.

But surely Seasons can give everyone enough playtime to last until whatever is coming out next comes out. It's a nice meaty pack. Tons of gameplay. If we start getting bored and need to be satisfied every other month or so, all we get may be shallow SPs's.

I agree but perhaps at the same time seasons makes us crave stuff to use as add-ons? like for example a pool type stuffpack to make our pools look even better? I for one am using pools and backyards way more often now and would love a pack that gives us stuff like curved pools,pool steps, floaties, pool bars etc etc.

I know that might be too much to wish for and some of those could be implemented in like a beach holiday vacation gp or whatever because at the same time I feel like releasing a summer themed/pool pack right now could possibly light the dumpster fire again and re kindle the ''This should've been in the pack'' discussion/anger...
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    edited July 2018

After MFPS I seriously doubt it.

I don't think they would tie it to Seasons like they did with MFP. There's no reason to do that really. An outdoor pack is always good, whether you own Seasons or not because a good deal of the base game happens in backyards and parks :)
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited July 2018
    marcel21 wrote: »

perfect patio
    romantic garden
    backyard stuff
    toddler stuff

how about

new items for newborn

prom.

elders,

True but they haven't done a Stuffpack on Pools yet. That's a major Summer Theme.

seasons is also a summer theme.

pools,
    its still part of a garden pack. it will have other garden things in it. not saying never just not yet.

there is lots of other areas of the game still not got stuff packs for yet.

it would be nice if other people got the chance of a pack not based around the garden yet again. as the count is 5 packs now, 6 if they did a pool pack next.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    BoredinTX wrote: »
    Just speculating. Do you guys think this quarter will be paid DLC free Kate mentioned may happen? Not that there is any sign that'll happen but after dropping the Seasons bomb it wouldn't exactly surprise me either.

The quarter is almost over right? April-July. ?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    BoredinTX wrote: »
    Just speculating. Do you guys think this quarter will be paid DLC free Kate mentioned may happen? Not that there is any sign that'll happen but after dropping the Seasons bomb it wouldn't exactly surprise me either.

The quarter is almost over right? April-July. ?

No, it just started a few weeks ago. The quarter is July-September.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    In view of Guru Kate's comment, and the steady yearly decline in packs issued, I expect Q3 to be pack-less with one coming in Q4 (Oct-Dec) for the shopping season. If we get anything it would be part of a periodic update/patch.