Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is The Vampire Game Pack Fun?

I've not bought the Vampire game pack because I'm afraid of random attacks on my Sims. Can vampire attacks kill them or turn them if they don't want to be turned? I would like the build/buy mode stuff, but am not sure if I want to play as a vampire. In the preceding Sims iterations I interacted with vamps, but didn't play any. I would like to explore Forgotten Hallow--does it have a hidden section like Granite Falls? Who feels it has messed up their game play and who feels it's enhanced it? I am considering buying it, bit I'm on the fence.

Comments

• Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    -they can't kill/forcibly turn your sims.
    -there are no secrets in fh. the world is pretty tiny and boring, but the aesthetic is nice if you like spooky.
    -it hasn't messed up my gameplay, but i don't have vampires breaking into my homes like apparently everyone else who owns this pack.
    -the actual vampire gameplay is nice.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Vampires occasionally turn up at community lots late at night, looking for a snack.
    Generally they won't disturb your sims at home, unless you've been interacting with vampires. If you have been, they may break in, and snack on your sims. They won't really harm them though.

I have saves where I don't play with vampires, and they don't bother my sims, and I have saves where I play vampires. They'e a lot of fun to play. The pack also gives a lot of nice gothic furnishings and decor, and cracks and cobwebs.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    ZeizeinaZeizeina Posts: 17 Member
    The game pack is wonderful. They broke into your house at nights sometimes but they just drink from your sim and left. No turning or killing. And if you don't want them attacking you can have garlic near your door. Build buy and cas is also awesome.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    They honestly don't visit so much where it's annoying or infringing. Same with aliens from GTW. Abductions are kinda rare. Not as rare as Vampire attacks but they only happen here and there.

Sims just pass out when they're bitten. They don't change into a vampire at all unless your Sim asks them too and they get an uncomfortable moodlet for awhile 24 hrs I think? You can lock your doors and the vampires can't really gain any entry (less they have that power, but I have yet to see them forcibly come through locked doors). All they lose in a loss of good nights sleep rather than their lives.

You'll definitely see a lot of 'fake' vampires walking about at night in some pretty weird outfits. Like some edgy sims wanting to wear goth related items. The CAS and build/buy items are great. The cobwebs and cracks you can place on the walls are very nice, especially if you want to make sims have run down homes.

If your Sim is up past a certain time sometimes you might see one lingering outside your home, but they won't break in less you're asleep. If they DO break in and you're able to get your sim up to wake up they won't attack. I tend to shoo them away and lock the door if I forgot about it.

Plus there's coffin and bat woohoo~ :p
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Agree with everything said here. Also, there are ways to "protect" against vampire break ins, with garlic and advancing the vampire lore skill, but if you don't wanna do that you can also just lock your front door at night and that works just as well ;-P I think it's more fun if you actually play with vampires, but just interacting can be nifty too. It can be pretty cool to just play chess with Vlad or go dancing with Caleb Vatore. Of course, sometimes vampires are dumb and go out during the day and burn up and die, which can put a crimp in your plans cause now your sim is sad from witnessing a death. But that's probably the biggest inconvenience, and I've been noticing less of that lately so that might have fixed it in a patch.
  • Options
    BearflexBearflex Posts: 139 Member
    Thanks for your input. I think I would get some enjoyment out of the pack. I've also noticed a lot of gallery items have Vampire pack stuff in them so I can't download them without missing out on something that was designed for that particular gallery item.
  • Options
    LunarKatriLunarKatri Posts: 15 Member
    I mainly got the pack for the build mode items, every now and again I get a vampire knocking on my door at night, other than that nothing much happens
  • Options
    BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    edited July 2018
    Vampires don't do much to harm your sim. So if you are only after the build mode stuff, you should be a-okay and safe from the vampires. Sometimes they do go to public lots to suck blood, which doesn't kill your Sim. They only really make your Sim dazed or pass out. But It's fun to play as a vampire anyway.
    Proud simmer
  • Options
    KriticalKlownKriticalKlown Posts: 198 Member
    They what about Werewolves in Sims 4

We already have it on Sims 3 but what about Sims 4

I want to see a Werewolf fighting with a Vampire?
  • Options
    I never played with Werewolves--but the Supernatural Pack finally added body hair for my male Sims. I guess it would depend on what came with the pack if they released one for Werewolves--but they probably are planning a type of supernatural expansion. In the survey's people have been asking for that to be the next expansion.
  • Options
    There doesn't seem to be much to Forgotten Hallow now that I bought the expansion. I want to move a mortal family with quirks there--I guess my best option would be build them or download a house from the gallery for them and move them to the only empty lot.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Yeah, Forgotten Hollow is small. It's the atmosphere that attracts so many. Also, sunset is earlier than in other worlds, so Vamps can come out and play longer. >:)
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    I wish I was better at building, I'd like to build a Gothic or Tutor House here.
  • Options
    One of my Sims was having a discussion with a neighbor and I saw the inaction "praise vampire lifestyle" and used it. I made the neighbor to play with my Sims--could that Sim now be a vampire? Later that evening he got a call from Vlad saying "Welcome to the community, by the way you have a lovely neck." So does that mean that Vlad is going to come and drink his blood now? Will using "praise vampire lifestyle" make your Sim a target, if so if not using it will prevent them from getting any visits?
  • Options
    Okay...

1) Sims do not just randomly become Vampires (only the NPCs that are created specifically as Vamps). You must have a Sim ask or be asked to turn. The praise vampire lifestyle interaction can be used by anyone. It should help raise the Vampire Lore skill. There are more interactions within the pie menu that have the bat symbol as well. Now that you have used a Vamp interaction, you walked into the radar...

2) Vlad welcomes everybody like that. He might come by for a snack, maybe not. One of the other Vamps might be thirsty...
    What's within game that will keep you from drank from is garlic (most of the time). I don't remember if Vlad or the Vatores have the garlic immunity power (I don't think they do), but an NPC could have it assigned to them randomly.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    Okay...

1) Sims do not just randomly become Vampires (only the NPCs that are created specifically as Vamps). You must have a Sim ask or be asked to turn. The praise vampire lifestyle interaction can be used by anyone. It should help raise the Vampire Lore skill. There are more interactions within the pie menu that have the bat symbol as well. Now that you have used a Vamp interaction, you walked into the radar...

2) Vlad welcomes everybody like that. He might come by for a snack, maybe not. One of the other Vamps might be thirsty...
    What's within game that will keep you from drank from is garlic (most of the time). I don't remember if Vlad or the Vatores have the garlic immunity power (I don't think they do), but an NPC could have it assigned to them randomly.

NPC's are not allowed to be assigned garlic immunity so long as they were not given manually by you, the player. I believe the same goes for Eternally Welcome as well. Lately most vampires have been given Sun Immunity due to being picked for odd day jobs all the time.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Well I won't be Praising the Vampire Lifestyle in my other saved games to stay off their radar, now that I know that I goofed. As long as they don't come calling too often I guess I can live with it. I was tempted not to save the game since I got the call from Vlad--I suspected that conversion piece triggered his call. I want to move someone to Forgotten Hallow, then perhaps I will try to play vampire interactions intentionally. I noticed that you can give them a ghoulish look when they are hunting--but can you opt for a suave one instead--maybe with just fangs. I like seductive vamps.

I don't want garlic around the house unless I have to have it. They should add Holy Water as an option and crosses to ward them off as well. I think that it would be more interesting, as someone suggested that they had a vampire hunter career track. I know in the Sim, Sims can't kill each other--but perhaps the vampire hunter can limit their powers or cure them instead.

BTW is there a cure for vampirism? I think I read there was.
  • Options
    Anmirla wrote: »
    Okay...

NPC's are not allowed to be assigned garlic immunity so long as they were not given manually by you, the player. I believe the same goes for Eternally Welcome as well. Lately most vampires have been given Sun Immunity due to being picked for odd day jobs all the time.

Okay, I guess I never heard this verified, but I can tell you they are assigned Eternally Welcome randomly. The first Vamp to enter my home for a snack was an NPC that I had never interacted with.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Bearflex wrote: »
    Well I won't be Praising the Vampire Lifestyle in my other saved games to stay off their radar, now that I know that I goofed. As long as they don't come calling too often I guess I can live with it. I was tempted not to save the game since I got the call from Vlad--I suspected that conversion piece triggered his call. I want to move someone to Forgotten Hallow, then perhaps I will try to play vampire interactions intentionally. I noticed that you can give them a ghoulish look when they are hunting--but can you opt for a suave one instead--maybe with just fangs. I like seductive vamps.

I don't want garlic around the house unless I have to have it. They should add Holy Water as an option and crosses to ward them off as well. I think that it would be more interesting, as someone suggested that they had a vampire hunter career track. I know in the Sim, Sims can't kill each other--but perhaps the vampire hunter can limit their powers or cure them instead.

BTW is there a cure for vampirism? I think I read there was.

There is a cure that you learn via the Vampire Lore skill. I want to say it's at about level 12 or 13, but I honestly don't remember - I've never made it or used it.

*After doing a little Googling - you need to max Vampire Lore. It goes to level 15. But...Vampire Lore is learned fairly quickly, so don't think that it will take you forever to get there. The books aren't cheap though.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'm not that interested in vampire gameplay and I didn't want vampires invading my regular saves, but this thread is convincing me to get the pack sometime. If the attacks don't happen that often, I can live with it, and maybe just delete the premade vampires for good measure. The new world and items would be nice too. I'd probably dedicate one save to vampires if I owned the pack.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Well, the night after Vlad called my Sim's spouse was attacked by Vlad and a female vampire. I was afraid being drained twice in one night would kill him. The next night one showed up outside the apartment--but I locked the door and it went away. Is there any way to get garlic without planting it? I hope the vamps leave my Sims alone now for a while--they haven't been chatting with them. After Magnus got bitten he expressed a fear of vampires to some friends--then when he got home the one was outside the apartment. Should I not let them talk about vampires at all? Would that curb the vampire action?
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Well, the night after Vlad called my Sim's spouse was attacked by Vlad and a female vampire. I was afraid being drained twice in one night would kill him.

Okay, let's clear this up.

Vampires can NOT kill your Sim. So don't worry about that.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited July 2018
    Well, the night after Vlad called my Sim's spouse was attacked by Vlad and a female vampire. I was afraid being drained twice in one night would kill him.

Okay, let's clear this up.

Vampires can NOT kill your Sim. So don't worry about that.

Seconded. Plus Sims can't get bitten twice if they still have been bitten with the moodlet that lasts 24 hrs.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Well, the night after Vlad called my Sim's spouse was attacked by Vlad and a female vampire. I was afraid being drained twice in one night would kill him. The next night one showed up outside the apartment--but I locked the door and it went away. Is there any way to get garlic without planting it? I hope the vamps leave my Sims alone now for a while--they haven't been chatting with them. After Magnus got bitten he expressed a fear of vampires to some friends--then when he got home the one was outside the apartment. Should I not let them talk about vampires at all? Would that curb the vampire action?

I don’t think I’ve seen a sim die from being drained. They should be fine, I think.

One method I use is to have my Sims wake up as soon a vampire comes to the door. Usually the vampire gives up after a few moments of non-response. I haven’t had a vampire break in when I did this method (yet).

I think there may also be a cheat to get garlic wreaths and such without growing it or crafting it...? (I haven’t felt the need for that cheat yet.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I love it. It's the best vampire pack, and one of the best vampire simulation in any game, not only Sims.

That said:
    1. Non-played vampires are broken, and has been for a year now.
    2. If you're not into playing vampires it's kind of pointless.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek