Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weird things that relax you

RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
I had a thought I was watching another soap cutting video and thinking this was relaxing I hate the creepy whispering asmr and certain sounds but for some reason I like that. Soap crunching too, generally stopped watching slime videos but used to like those too I bet no one is going to comment but if you have something you think is weird but don't care because it works tell me about it.

Why...I don't know I'm inbetween writing bits and got bored.
Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
All the sims err'day
PmyCqgA.png

Comments

• Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Some people think ASMR is weird. I like it, well certain types at least.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i hate the talking asmr too. i love this asmr channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5itl-NItMdI
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    @wolfkomoki1 yeah some is stranger than others but I still know my favorites aren't too bad at least I don't think so. I guess that's how it always starts though.
    @poltergeist I knew I wasn't alone, don't know why but the talking agitates me personally oh I haven't seen that one before that one is nice, and it involves food without being...well you know. I don't like the chewing ones either even though mouth noises don't bother me.

I like these two I guess the crunch sound could be hit or miss in the second one but I like that if you want to see.

https://youtu.be/W2JxxWtCBxc

https://youtu.be/iUEEiK4fgQk
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    @RedDestiny92 i like the soap cutting one. i have carved soap irl before and it's just as satisfying as watching/hearing.
    the second one i don't like too much, i like the crunching in the cup but not with the hands. i think the sound is just not "solid" enough for me.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    @poltergeist I wanted to try it not that I would know the first thing about it but even though I like them I sometimes want to reach in the screen and do it myself ha. Ah I see, I understand that there is a point when it's good and when it's too much I saw one with shaving wet chalk I think it was that was a little different.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    TeenWolf_1999TeenWolf_1999 Posts: 498 Member
    edited July 2018
    İt might sound quite weird but ı love playing with pencils.I mean not playing with them as dollies.(I used to do that when ı was a child lol)I like to roll them with my fingers.But not every pencil suits.Like their point should not be neither sharp nor blunt.They have to suit my fingers so ı can roll them without any problem.I do not why ı do this but it relaxes me :P
    VaguePepperyAmericancrayfish-max-1mb.gif
    Steam:Quanode
  • Options
    @TeenWolf_1999 I could see how that's relaxing, just the action of busying your fingers, though I still don't get fidget spinners lol.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    PinkFlyingPastaPinkFlyingPasta Posts: 303 Member
    I'm not sure if it's weird but if I am sad or angry I clean and it relaxes me having something to do with a set goal
  • Options
    @PinkFlyingPasta well technically it's weird to people who hate cleaning lol, I'm kind of similar I can't stand too much clutter around me though a little is alright never know when it's time to clean until I'm done.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    I like watching pimple popping videos lol
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    @hunniboo1 lol I used to watch those it is the oddest part of youtube to get stuck on.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    @hunniboo1 lol I used to watch those it is the oddest part of youtube to get stuck on.

I always say I'm on the weird side of youtube lol
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    edited July 2018
    i like soap cutting asmr when the soap is pre-carved with like a checker pattern bc then when they cut the top layer off, it comes off in a bunch of little cubes.
    https://instagram.com/p/Bjr2QLOhkmW/?taken-by=asmr_soap_princess
    like that idk i'm weird
    MPy9H9S.gif
  • Options
    @LunaMikaelson I've seen those, I like the cutting part but I don't like the sound of the cubes hitting the table.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    AlexTheSims3FanAlexTheSims3Fan Posts: 39 Member
    ASMR with smth kinda bullying. ;)
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I'm not sure if it's weird but if I am sad or angry I clean and it relaxes me having something to do with a set goal

I rage clean too.
    Used to do it more often when I was living in a share house. My housemate would irritate me, with his inability to clean up after himself, so I would passive aggressively clean the house.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Listening to insane clown posse
  • Options
    @soko37 I haven't listened to them in a long time I like Five Finger Death Punch among others really drowns out the noise in your head huh :smiley:
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    SmoochsSmoochs Posts: 168 Member
    @poltergeist I'm gonna have to check that channel out, thanks!

For ASMR, I don't think it's the noise for me, just the fact that it's something not too engaging to fall asleep to.

Alot of the time though? Talking to my dog or myself. I know, it makes me sound coco, but it helps.

Or just driving around in GTA 5. That relaxes me too, oddly? Not killing anyone. I try not to take out frustrations in a violent way, if I can. Just driving around till I calm down helps, weirdly?

You are loved!
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited August 2018
    Smoochs wrote: »

Or just driving around in GTA 5. That relaxes me too, oddly? Not killing anyone. I try not to take out frustrations in a violent way, if I can. Just driving around till I calm down helps, weirdly?

I like to find quiet places in video games with good background music and just zone out while I walk/ride/fly about. Sometimes I do it for ages and don't even play the game.

Some of the places I visit in Final Fantasy XIV:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4OQDvRBKcE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBLN4O6rZs4&t=45s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWQfvnLyvxU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhtHU2V4yRg

I always thought the ambient music in Skyrim was relaxing too. I can remember riding around aimlessly in circles just to listen to it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZKubOYf-no
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    I am such a housewife lol or umm househusband HA! I clean my house when I need to relax. Oh the joys of doing the dishes by hand =O
  • Options
    @GabbyGirlJ @Smoochs I haven't played anything GTA since San Andreas, but I used to do that all the time, a nice quiet drive or in that game you could find a bike and I'd go look for one and just ride it around lol.

Funny how relaxing the tiniest parts of games can be, I mean if going there or doing certain things doesn't move the story ahead.

@sikasika18 cleaning is relaxing too ha.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Recently I relax just by exploring Hyrule in Breath of the Wild.
  • Options
    SmoochsSmoochs Posts: 168 Member
    @GabbyGirl @RedDestiny92 @sikasika18
    Glad to know I'm not the only one who does this. :lol:

You should try out GTA 5 RedDestiny. My mum's a good fan of San Andreas, but she says her fav is Los Santos (I have the best mum who plays video games :blush: ). I haven't played through the story myself, but it's fun to mess around online.

You are loved!
  • Options
    Smoochs wrote: »
    @GabbyGirl @RedDestiny92 @sikasika18
    Glad to know I'm not the only one who does this. :lol:

You should try out GTA 5 RedDestiny. My mum's a good fan of San Andreas, but she says her fav is Los Santos (I have the best mum who plays video games :blush: ). I haven't played through the story myself, but it's fun to mess around online.

Your mother sounds awesome :smiley: