Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons Lightning strikes.

I quite like the thunderstorms but have given up on replacing my garden furniture. The downside to this is the last lightning strike took out my Sims rocket, its not the 5000 replacement cost its the amount of time they take to build that bothers me. Could this item be protected from lightning strikes, as its to big to go in a house.

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Hmm I’ve seen people place those rockets in basements.
  • Options
    PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    I know in Sims 3 you could place buildings in basements with cheats. Might have to look in to cheats, if i ever rebuild it.
  • Options
    sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    You don't need a cheat to place the rocket, you just need it open to the air. I built a house with a rocket in the second basement. It may work as technically the rocket isn't at ground level for a lightning strike.

Here's a pic. The house is called Simblanca if you want to look at how it's done. I'd give you a Gallery link but the Gallery isn't working for me today .. again! My Origin ID is sawdust123.

RqUERuE.png
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Plainevil wrote: »
    I quite like the thunderstorms but have given up on replacing my garden furniture. The downside to this is the last lightning strike took out my Sims rocket, its not the 5000 replacement cost its the amount of time they take to build that bothers me. Could this item be protected from lightning strikes, as its to big to go in a house.

I had a rocket in a community park (like an adventure ride) and was able to build it pretty fast with help of any townie who showed up. I assume it's still on the gallery and you are welcome to download that lot in case you don't want to have rocket on your home lot. But it will have to be built. I let my Sims go there to use the rocket instead of taking up their yard etc. But townies will help build it while you are there.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Quess_is_BakedQuess_is_Baked Posts: 129 Member

I have a rocket dead a** in the middle of the current house I'm building. I also have a house with a rocket on the roof, makes no sense but hey, it's the sims, and another house with a rocket.

Completed house with rocket inside.
    JrfG458.png

Top down view of the first floor, yes that's an "underwater" basketball court.
    lzcbU2S.png

I'd take a screenshot of my current build but it still has a long way to go. Needless to say tho, you can totally put a rocket in a house.
  • Options
    PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    Thanks for the helpful replies. Will have to try the rocket in basement, when i get around to building a new house.
  • Options
    SimzSizzleSimzSizzle Posts: 433 Member

your post is awesome, insightful and likable all at the same time !
    I have a astronaut Sim working on building one, its a requirement for his job, and it does take a long time to build.
    I wanted to get Seasons, and
    hope to, but if lightning takes his rocket out :# it won't be funny
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i wound up having a rocket in the basement in my main household, too. the house has been in more than a few thunderstorms and the rocket never got struck. not saying it won't, but so far so good...hopefully because it's so low it doesn't count as a target (all i've lost so far was a yoga mat...)

it's a two story basement, with a fence built around it on the surface. has a command center (...that still needs work...) on the upper basement level, looking out at it, and an attempt at an airlock type thing on the lower one, with various stuff scattered about to make it look like this is where components are taken for repairs and such.

surface level:
    ecc7815ecbb56dd415b30b74cbb84e79.png

sim's eye view:
    d21519a66c74cbd14d71321b0750689a.jpg

peering down (i like how it actually caught the robot vacuum heading into the command center):
    e477778c861cc8a5549ad659573d1046.jpg
    ...you can see how the center needs work, mostly decor of various types. and the pile of spare parts down on the bottom floor. and the gate leading to where the ufo is kept (one member of this household is an alien, the other is an astronaut)

view from the command center:
    9dd1531d87f8ad7232c7809479398d42.jpg

and the pseudo airlock thingy. with piles of parts on the left:
    f8acb249691491814dbabfe6f02997c3.jpg