Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bugs since the latest patch.

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    HeidiGrrrl wrote: »
    While trying to load a saved household/game after installing Seasons I get this error:

"The game failed to load. Error Code: 110:7de8fcb9:98c697b0. It is recommended that you relaunch the game."

Well, relaunching the game just gives the same error. I've repaired the game twice, too.

Hello @HeidiGrrrl
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
  • Options
    HeidiGrrrlHeidiGrrrl Posts: 122 Member
    edited June 2018
    I was able to load a different household, but I haven't tried moving to yet another one to see if it's a save issue.

EDIT: Well, the household loaded, but it seems to be stuck in save mode now while I try to save. In the past, loading a different household and saving it usually allowed me to go back to the original household that wouldn't load and get it to finally load, but now that doesn't seem to work, either.
  • Options
    HeidiGrrrl wrote: »
    I was able to load a different household, but I haven't tried moving to yet another one to see if it's a save issue.

If you continue to have issues loading a particular household, try moving them to another home and test to see if you can load them thefe. If you can do that, test moving them back to the original home and see if the issues remain.
  • Options
    TeoBoyTeoBoy Posts: 23 Member
    I noticed something new since the last patch - I can't rotate lots downloaded from the gallery. When I try to rotate the entire lot either one of two things happens - nothing, it stays in its green "skeletal" state and never materializes or I get the "Max roof slope exceeded" error. The Maxis houses in the game rotate no problem.

Things I have done to try and fix this:

- Remove mods
    - New Save
    - Repair game
    - Uninstall and download again
    - Clear cache

I was not having this issue before the latest patch and I am out of ideas on how to get this to work. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with mods- it only affects the lots downloaded from the gallery.

Is anyone else having this issue?
  • Options
    > @TeoBoy said:
    > I noticed something new since the last patch - I can't rotate lots downloaded from the gallery. When I try to rotate the entire lot either one of two things happens - nothing, it stays in its green "skeletal" state and never materializes or I get the "Max roof slope exceeded" error. The Maxis houses in the game rotate no problem.
    >
    > Things I have done to try and fix this:
    >
    > - Remove mods
    > - New Save
    > - Repair game
    > - Uninstall and download again
    > - Clear cache
    >
    >
    > I was not having this issue before the latest patch and I am out of ideas on how to get this to work. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with mods- it only affects the lots downloaded from the gallery.
    >
    >
    > Is anyone else having this issue?

I'm also getting a message "Failed to compute cost"
  • Options
    TeoBoy wrote: »
    I noticed something new since the last patch - I can't rotate lots downloaded from the gallery. When I try to rotate the entire lot either one of two things happens - nothing, it stays in its green "skeletal" state and never materializes or I get the "Max roof slope exceeded" error. The Maxis houses in the game rotate no problem.

- Remove mods
    - New Save
    - Repair game
    - Clear cache

I was not having this issue before the latest patch and I am out of ideas on how to get this to work. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with mods- it only affects the lots downloaded from the gallery.

Hello
    Is your issue only affecting newly downloaded lots from the gallery, or is it also afffecting lots that you already had downloaded earlier from the gallery ?
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

- Remove mods
    - New Save
    - Repair game
    - Clear cache

Hello
    Is your issue only affecting newly downloaded lots from the gallery, or is it also afffecting lots that you already had downloaded earlier from the gallery ?

Hi Rosemow!

It is affecting all gallery lots including those downloaded before the patch.

Any ideas?
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    rosemow wrote: »

- Remove mods
    - New Save
    - Repair game
    - Clear cache

Hello

Hi Rosemow!

It is affecting all gallery lots including those downloaded before the patch.

Any ideas?

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. I will test this in my game later on in the day.
    Edit : I have tested in game and aren’t having any issues with it.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game, download a lot from the gallery, and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

Post edited by rosemow on
  • Options
    KinzooKinzoo Posts: 1 New Member
    > @HeidiGrrrl said:
    > While trying to load a saved household/game after installing Seasons I get this error:
    >
    > "The game failed to load. Error Code: 110:7de8fcb9:98c697b0. It is recommended that you relaunch the game."
    >
    > Well, relaunching the game just gives the same error. I've repaired the game twice, too.

I have the same error code appearing. Did you find a way of solving your problem?
    I created a family, when I try to press play on the household it kicks me to the world selection menu, and yes I use cc
  • Options
    Kinzoo wrote: »
    > @HeidiGrrrl said:
    > While trying to load a saved household/game after installing Seasons I get this error:
    >
    > "The game failed to load. Error Code: 110:7de8fcb9:98c697b0. It is recommended that you relaunch the game."
    >
    > Well, relaunching the game just gives the same error. I've repaired the game twice, too.

I have the same error code appearing. Did you find a way of solving your problem?
    I created a family, when I try to press play on the household it kicks me to the world selection menu, and yes I use cc

Hello @Kinzoo
    There has been many mods/cc broken by the recent patches. Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop.Delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.