Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things You’ve Discovered In Seasons

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Well that's disappointing. I didn't know pregnant sims couldn't skate.
  • Options
    simsonthemoonsimsonthemoon Posts: 86 Member
    Suppose it kind of makes sense.. Wouldn't be a good thing for them to fall while pregnant in real life right?
    thatd be no good :D
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    I've discovered there is a Kiss In The Rain Interaction while watching one of XurbansimsX Seasons Video Part 2.

this is too sweet for words
  • Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    Okay so I've discovered that the plants at the Spice Festival - even when in season, can't be harvested. Kind of frustrated with that because the spice festival was my favourite way to get harvestables.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    kemisz wrote: »
    Sylvan Glade doesn't snow. Pregnant people can't ice skate or roller skate.

It was stated prior to release there wouldn't be weather in Sylvan glade. Isnt it a cave? I'm not surprised pregnant sims can't skate. I believe it was the same in ts 3

They probably did - I tried not to watch a lot of the info - I wanted to experience it first hand. I wasn't disappointed or anything, just thought I'd mention what I'd discovered.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    dokamito154dokamito154 Posts: 8 New Member
    During the Sims Community's livestream, there are ghosts wandering when the tradition 'Spooky Spirit' is added in the Brindleton Bay World.
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Bees will pollinate nearby plants. (not sure what exactly this does though. - Probably increases the quality or works similar to fertilizer.)
  • Options
    Okay so I've discovered that the plants at the Spice Festival - even when in season, can't be harvested. Kind of frustrated with that because the spice festival was my favourite way to get harvestables.

really? Wow thats a wee bit disappointing.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Thunder and lightning frightens Sims and the moodlet lasts for a while even after the storm goes away. I was playing a single dad and his teenage son and they were both upset for an entire day. The dad was working in his garden and bolted for the house as soon as he heard thunder. It was kinda cute.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Thunder and lightning frightens Sims and the moodlet lasts for a while even after the storm goes away. I was playing a single dad and his teenage son and they were both upset for an entire day. The dad was working in his garden and bolted for the house as soon as he heard thunder. It was kinda cute.

So this moodlet is a bit overkill then? I was worried about that. I'm glad the Storm Chaser reward trait is what I was hoping it was - I just hope it works! :D
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    altg1229altg1229 Posts: 89 Member
    Brindleton wrote: »
    Oasis Springs is unable to experience snow, even if you use the weather machine.

You know SimsCommunity mentioned this in one of their videos. This maybe a bug. He was able to get it to snow lightly though but couldn't get a blizzard to start.

I think this is intentional? Gurus did say weather would affect each world differently, and oasis springs is a desert climate. I think it would be more off putting if it could blizzard there.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »

So this moodlet is a bit overkill then? I was worried about that. I'm glad the Storm Chaser reward trait is what I was hoping it was - I just hope it works! :D

That's what I was worried about too. Next to no one will be upset the whole day because of thunder.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    If you pay attention to the background of the world during a heatwave in summer, it ripples.

Yes! I noticed this effect and LOVE it. I am surprisingly enjoying summer more than I thought. I figured I'd be bored by it because we had eternal summer for almost 4 years already but they've done great job differentiating it from pre-seasons! The lighting and temperature is adding so much to the game. :)
  • Options
    DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    edited June 2018
    Some holidays only seem to pop up a few days before they occur,
    like Talk Like a Pirate Day and The Lottery.
    Post edited by Denimjo on
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member

I thought that was confirmed as a bug they are fixing.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    There are 5 new club activities they are skating, fall activities, summer activities, spring activities and winter activities.
  • Options
    PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    @Denimjo - those are hidden holidays, you might have wanted to use a spoiler tag.
  • Options
    xbecky685xxbecky685x Posts: 323 Member
    I’ve had lighting strike my lot twice both times leaving a rare Metal and rare element
    Gallery xbecky685x
  • Options
    cherpar wrote: »

I thought that was confirmed as a bug they are fixing.
    i hope so.
  • Options
    bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
    Sylvan Glade doesn't snow. Pregnant people can't ice skate or roller skate.

@kemisz how about Granite Falls does it snow there or does it rain in Sylvan Glade and Granite Falls? what season activities can be done in those worlds?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    The tense moodlet from thunder and lightning is one of features that can get old pretty quickly. :) I have the UI Extensions cheat that allows you to click on a moodlet to get rid of it. And yes, I know that not everyone likes to use cheats. :)