Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weird Lighting Changes with Seasons Patch

sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
So I went to make changes on a house that I use during every single save, and suddenly the lot is dingy and green and disgusting. Every other house I've checked still looks bright and sunny during the day, but this one looks horrible. Here's the difference between pre-patch and post-patch on this house in my gallery:

oakenstead1.png
oakenstead2.png

It looks awful.

ECTHMxJ.jpg

Removed curse from topic title. - EA_Cian
Post edited by EA_Cian on

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Looks like it’s about to storm
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Looks like it’s about to storm

That'd be fine if I actually had seasons in my game, but this is still technically base game lighting and weather, right? I tried playing in the house to see if it changed in live mode and it doesn't...
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Looks more realistic IMO.
    Not so oversaturated.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    maybe, just maybe... the game already now goes through the different light effects for seasons. Just without the actual Seasons playing out. However question: Do you use SweetFX lightning? Or any other light mods? I played a tiny bit before and could not see any light changes as far as I remember.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited June 2018
    It's definitely a glitch. Have you tried exiting the game completely and re-entering it? Do you have any lighting mods or reshade in your game? If yes remove them and see if it still does that. Maybe try a game repair.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,026 Member
    edited June 2018
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Some people are experiencing just the opposite.

I just experienced the infinitely looping watering of my plants when I tested out the new gardening system. :D
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    maybe, just maybe... the game already now goes through the different light effects for seasons. Just without the actual Seasons playing out. However question: Do you use SweetFX lightning? Or any other light mods? I played a tiny bit before and could not see any light changes as far as I remember.

I don't have any lighting mods, and I actually removed my mods folder completely to see if any of them were affecting it but it made no difference.
    3KNPen wrote: »
    It's definitely a glitch. Have you tried exiting the game completely and re-entering it? Do you have any lighting mods or reshade in your game? If yes remove them and see if it still does that. Maybe try a game repair.

I've tried opening it again and running a game repair but it's still the same unfortunately. :(
  • Options
    Looks more realistic IMO.
    Not so oversaturated.

Lol, I don't know where you're living but it must be depressing if that lightning looks more realistic to you. Or maybe it just looks brighter or more colorful on your personal monitor.
  • Options
    carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    what is your graphics card etc and your pc specs?
  • Options
    what is your graphics card etc and your pc specs?

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
    8GB DDR3 RAM
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Yeah the environment is noticeably less vibrant/bright. I actually don’t hate it, IMO it does look more natural. I wonder if it’s like that in my game because it looks like it would be easier on the eye.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Yeah the environment is noticeably less vibrant/bright. I actually don’t hate it, IMO it does look more natural. I wonder if it’s like that in my game because it looks like it would be easier on the eye.

A noticable lack of sunshine bugs the crap out of me.
    Post edited by sillehbee on
  • Options
    hmmmm i have the 660 TI and my game is fine??
  • Options
    hmmmm i have the 660 TI and my game is fine??

Is the lighting on the big lot above the central park in Willow Creek still bright and sunny? I seem to only be having this issue in that area.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    @sillehbee Check if you need to update the graphics drivers.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    edited June 2018
    I'm not sure less vibrant is a good change for the Sims 4, so much of the game is VERY dull indoors as it was unless you put a lot of lighting. Now it appears the outside world is just as dim.

The Sims 4 was never meant to have a "realistic" color tone or appearance, its meant to be more cartoon then real. I hope this is a bug or somebody makes a new lighting mod because if his images are any indication the game is gonna look dark and gloomy now. The Sims 4 character models don't really lend themselves to "realistic" graphics.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    @TOLKIEN it seems to be a graphics issue, not a game issue, so far at least.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    this is my lot after the patch

1V2UdWE.jpg

• Options
    sunspritersunspriter Posts: 125 Member
    Weirdly I came to post my lighting seems to have improved? I get the window light pools without highest settings now and everything is very vibrant
  • Options
    this is my lot after the patch

1V2UdWE.jpg

The other lots I've checked are fine, it's this specific lot in willow creek that's different for me. Check that one to see if yours is the same.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,651 Member
    I don't see this happening to most other simmer's new screenshots tho. Could be a graphic issue?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    @sillehbee my lighting is messed up at that lot also
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    ikiamyetta wrote: »

Well this sucks, then. Y'know it reminds me of the lighting in the vampire neighborhood, so I hope I don't open my vampire save and find that it's now bright and sunny in Forgotten Hollow instead, lol.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    sillehbee wrote: »
    ikiamyetta wrote: »

Well this plum, then. Y'know it reminds me of the lighting in the vampire neighborhood, so I hope I don't open my vampire save and find that it's now bright and sunny in Forgotten Hollow instead, lol.

You can even see the change in map view