Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons: Question About Holidays

If you make your own holiday does that mean only your household will celebrate the holiday you made, or will all unplayed households celebrate that holiday? For example, if I create a holiday to celebrate my sim's birthday, will everybody everywhere in all the worlds be celebrating the bday?! :#
InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill

Comments

• Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I think just your family will celebrate that holiday. But I did not pay attention to that.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,946 Member
    Every single household in the save will celebrate it.
  • Options
    happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    ^^Oh...Well is there a way to create a holiday that only your household celebrates?
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think the holidays that ship with the game already in your calendar, like Winter Fest and Harvest Fest, will probably be in every household calendar (unless you delete it), so, yes for them. Holidays like Halloween that you need to create are probably only in your households calendar, as are birthdays and date nights.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    From my understanding when you make a holiday everyone in that save will celebrate (most sims anyway) but if you want to celebrate your sims birthday you could just make it an event on that day that only your sims will participate in.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I tend to agree with auroraael14. You'll be able to schedule an event about 2 weeks in advance, so you can set up the birthday. Of course, if you're only playing one household, then it doesn't matter if everyone in Sim World celebrates that day. If you're playing rotationally, you can also have households choose not to celebrate something. For example if you want some households to celebrate Christmas and some Hanukkah, then you could schedule them on two different days and have one household do Christmas but not Hanukkah, and the other vice versa, and a household could also do both. At least that's how I understood what they said.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    happygurl wrote: »
    ^^Oh...Well is there a way to create a holiday that only your household celebrates?

Holidays are worldwide so they will be on every sim's calendar, even the custom ones you create. However, I'm not sure that other sims will do the traditions autonomously. Just make a holiday and play only your household on that day.