Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Idea: New Worlds + Cultures (Japan example)

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Sally1502Sally1502 Posts: 258 Member
    edited June 2018
    @Luuciia1
    Really glad you like my ideas!! :smile:
    Yes, let's hope they listen to us and look at what we suggest.
  • Options
    Luuciia1Luuciia1 Posts: 71 Member
    I have been reading all of your comments and let me tell you you guys have some amazing, great, astonishing ... ideas and I hope EA will look at this and catch some ideas. But I have to admit that I do not completely like the idea of been able to live in selvadora or the other vacation lot, dont get me wrong I do want been able to live in this new world concepts ( Japan, Africa, etc ), but I also enjoy been able to just go for a weekend or week to a a vacation and relax with the family, if you get me.
    Maybe they could adapt the vacation lots with the concent already released and the future contents to come, such as been able to go Granite falls to connect with nature and to be maybe during summer let your kids go to the summer course or camping area or join the scouts for a week or two while the fam enjoys a relaxing holiday lost in nature, of course the idea of the camping would be like the working structures that came with san mayshuno type of part time and be able to participate with them
  • Options
    BloodValkyrieBloodValkyrie Posts: 232 Member
    I'd pay good money for Japanese stuff, as long as it was well made. Heck, Chinese and Korean stuff is pretty cool too.
  • Options
    I'd pay good money for Japanese stuff, as long as it was well made. Heck, Chinese and Korean stuff is pretty cool too.

Me too hahah i would love it to be an asian theme but if it was any other culture as long as it brings a big contrast to the game I would be extremely happy to be truthful
  • Options
    CharlieWakCharlieWak Posts: 8 New Member
    I really like this idea, especially as there's so few worlds that have much stuff in them yet.
  • Options
    @Luuciia1 @BloodValkyrie @CharlieWak
    I agree with all of you!
    I think I'd like a Japanese themed world + culture most (with others to follow, please). If any of you have more ideas or suggestions or knowledge about Japan that you'd like to see implemented, I'd love to hear it!
  • Options
    Sally1502 wrote: »
    I agree with all of you!
    I think I'd like a Japanese themed world + culture most (with others to follow, please). If any of you have more ideas or suggestions or knowledge about Japan that you'd like to see implemented, I'd love to hear it!

How about having a Geisha/Geiko career? It doesn't have to literally be named that. It could be a "Kimono Dancer" career or something like that. And in case anyone was wondering, you don't have to be Japanese to be a geisha. You don't even have to be a woman. Not only were the first geisha male, I've even heard of a young man who cross dressed in kimono to work as a licensed geisha. Not only that, but I've heard of Australian, Chinese and even Romanian women who moved to Japan and became licensed geisha. So, it's not a far fetched idea. As for the sims, the male dancers would wear fancy hakama instead ... unless you really wanted them to wear kimono.
  • Options
    I agree with all of you!

How about having a Geisha/Geiko career? It doesn't have to literally be named that. It could be a "Kimono Dancer" career or something like that. And in case anyone was wondering, you don't have to be Japanese to be a geisha. You don't even have to be a woman. Not only were the first geisha male, I've even heard of a young man who cross dressed in kimono to work as a licensed geisha. Not only that, but I've heard of Australian, Chinese and even Romanian women who moved to Japan and became licensed geisha. So, it's not a far fetched idea. As for the sims, the male dancers would wear fancy hakama instead ... unless you really wanted them to wear kimono.

I like the Idea specially if we would have special radio station with specific fitting music and they could at home dance or perform a dance in front of a crowd or for their family. could be cute, but maybe it has negative connotations that they would prefer to avoid? just wondering
    Since they are always very careful to not be misleading or insulting for any culture or include any real trouble or negative aspect of live.
  • Options
    Luuciia1 wrote: »
    I like the Idea specially if we would have special radio station with specific fitting music and they could at home dance or perform a dance in front of a crowd or for their family. could be cute, but maybe it has negative connotations that they would prefer to avoid? just wondering
    Since they are always very careful to not be misleading or insulting for any culture or include any real trouble or negative aspect of live.

Very nice idea! I'd like that. I think a radio station would be a must. As far as I know, the negative connotations some people think about are wrong - but I am no expert regarding Japan at all. You got a point though. Definitely, nobody should feel offended.

Any clothing suggestions, anybody? For Geisha or general - pictures maybe. :smile:
  • Options

Very nice idea! I'd like that. I think a radio station would be a must. As far as I know, the negative connotations some people think about are wrong - but I am no expert regarding Japan at all. You got a point though. Definitely, nobody should feel offended.

Any clothing suggestions, anybody? For Geisha or general - pictures maybe. :smile:

I don't know how to show pictures in this forum. Basically, I'd just look up kimono and hakama, and work from there.

• Options
    edited July 2018

I don't know how to show pictures in this forum. Basically, I'd just look up kimono and hakama, and work from there. Of course, it would be good to look at other costumes from other cultures in other countries too.

I think I accidentally quoted myself and I don't know how to delete this post. Sorry about that!
  • Options
    AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    I think San Myshuno has a lot of japanese culture incorporated but it would be great to have a japanese based world too. Even if I love the suburbian japanese areas I would LOVE to get another city based on Tokyo tho (because San Myshuno doesn't feel like Tokyo AT ALL) with all the neons and maybe bars and restaurants in the lower levels of the skyscrapers... and actually in a lot of the other levels too because Tokyo uses all the space! But if we got a japanese based suburbian world I would be happy about it too because it would be be beautiful anyway
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I personally would like some African stuff in game. We seem to have things from almost every continent except there (and Australia).
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    DivinemikoDivinemiko Posts: 1 New Member
    Really hope for a igo/shogi board. That would be perfect to my new Japanese themed home <3
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited October 2020
    Looks like you will be able to put rental lots into every world except Jungle Adventure and Granite Falls so that will bring some more gameplay into Sulani and the other expansion pack worlds. I expect many will be playing rental lots in Sulani over the winter months so as to feel a bit warmer! Vice versa for those suffering from the heat in those going through their summer months!
  • Options
    Saturn830Saturn830 Posts: 54 Member
    More Latino-themed stuff seems like the most obvious path given US (and global) demographic and cultural trends. As someone who wants more city-worlds (I don't really understand why we only seem to get one per game) my vote would be for something New York-themed. That would provide an opportunity for not only heavy Latino influence but also Africa and Middle Eastern as well. A Miami-based world would be cool too, especially if they went for an 80s vibe.
  • Options
    trinutellatrinutella Posts: 5 New Member
    Omg @Sally1502 I'm totally with you on the Japanese world! The Sims 4 tends to introduce packs that have nothing to do with other cultures, but instead stuff like Star Wars and Magic (?!?!?) - things that are completely unnecessary. They need to heavily promote other cultures and the Japanese culture + the world sounds like a big upgrade to the game. However, I'd hope they wouldn't have to create an Expansion pack with it where we'd have to pay. That would be totally ridiculous if they were to profit off of boosting diversity in the game.