Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where are the worlds in relation to each other?

If all the worlds were on one connected map, where would they be?

I've always thought Windenburg to be north of San Myshuno based on the trees you see in the world view of SM. I've also thought that the river running through SM widens into the bay in Windenburg. Magnolia Promenade is likely very close to Willow Creek and Newcest lies somewhere between SM/Windenburg and Willow Creek
Proud black simmer 🖤
MfVGMbL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    Interesting. :) I never think of them as worlds but as neighborhoods in one city but it would be cool to see them all located on a map.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Great question. We need a map.

I always thought SM, or at least part of it could be what's visible in the background of WC and NC. Maybe WC is quite near NC, as the surroundings are very similar.
    I'd like to know where FH is in relation to all of this.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I dunno. Every time I try to come up with something, Oasis Springs ruins everything with its individuality. So I just stopped trying.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    I'm really liking the idea of this and might try to map it for my own use. For me it would come in handy in deciding where to place lots and could also add to game-play. For instance a venue being too far away for a visit on a school night but perfect for a day trip on the weekend.
  • Options
    peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    I think of them being in north to south bands:

Windenberg, Forgotten Hollow and Brindleton Bay are the furthest north due to having a similar day length.
    San Myshuno, Willow Creek and Newcrest in the middle. Granite Falls is around here too.
    Oasis Springs and Selvadorada are the furthest south but separated by a mountain chain by being the hottest.
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    I never play as though most of the worlds are near each other, because most of them have such distinct visual styles that I can't pretend otherwise. To me Windenburg looks like it's in a European country, Oasis looks like Southwest USA and Brindleton looks like a mix of Northeast and Northwest USA.

On the other hand, I can easily connect Willow Creek, Newcrest, Magnolia Promenade and San Myshuno. You can see a city in the background of the first three worlds, and there are shared trees and plants in all four (especially the park in SM) that make it look as if the first three are suburbs of the fourth. That's how I play them in terms of connectivity.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited June 2018
    BabySquare wrote: »

I always thought SM, or at least part of it could be what's visible in the background of WC and NC. Maybe WC is quite near NC, as the surroundings are very similar.

Forgotten Hollow is probably near to Windenburg, since they're both very European and traditional worlds.

I always imagine Forgotten Hollow to be upwards the river you can see on Windenburg's map in a dark gloomy forest area where the river originates from.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    rhysbarrett8rhysbarrett8 Posts: 100 Member
    edited June 2018
    I think Willow Creek, Newcrest, Magnolia Promenade are the less urban parts of san myshuno, Newcrest is the nearest to Granite falls because there are trees very similar to Granite Falls
    Windenburg is on an entirely different continent and Forgotten Hollow is a little town deep in the Windenburg mountains
    Brindleton Bay is a coastal town thats a bit of a drive from San Myshuno
    Oasis Springs is in the same country as WC, NC,MP,SM,BB,GF but is south west so very far away from them all.
    Selvadorada is also an entirely different continent
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited June 2018
    I recently posted about this. :)

In my story, San Myshuno is on the West coast. It is the main hub and all other worlds branch off from there. Willow Creek, Newcrest, and Magnolia Promenade are all considered mainland suburbs of that city.

Windenburg is a picturesque, thematic enclave, further north. It's a day trip or an overnighter. Yet, it's still considered relatively local. Friends of the main family in my story live there and visit back and forth.

Oasis Springs is Southeast, also a day trip or overnighter. Yet, in relation to Windenburg, Oasis Springs is closer to the city.

Brindleton Bay is clear on across country on the East coast. I use it more for a long weekend or a full vacation trip. One of the romantic interests of my main female Sim has a vacation cottage there.

Granite Falls is a weekend trip Northeast, beyond Windenburg. Selvadorada is much further south, a plane ride away.

I assume that Forgotten Hollow would be someplace overseas. My Sims never go there. It doesn't much suit the story that I'm telling.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    Interesting how many people imagine Forgotten Hollow as European! I never even considered it would be near Windenburg. I imagine it as a version of “Sleepy Hollow”, a place inspired by a real town in New York State (USA). I’m from PA/NY (right on the border) and trust me, there are old creepy places like that with a lot of Victorian influence in America :D
  • Options
    Henrique270Henrique270 Posts: 12 New Member
    There is a guy here in the Forum who has joined ALL the worlds of all The Sims games on one map. It was incredible!

I can not post links so look for his name: KEYLIMEPIESIMS

Sorry if there are any English errors, I'm Brazilian and I'm using the translator to comment.
  • Options
    Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    Haha, I love that map! Unfortunately, it hasn't been updated since November 2016, so Forgotten Hollow is not on there. It is amazing anyway as the Sim World is absolutely huge!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/885521/my-map-of-all-the-towns-from-every-sims-game-updated-14-09/p1
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    I recently posted about this. :)

In my story, San Myshuno is on the West coast. It is the main hub and all other worlds branch off from there. Willow Creek, Newcrest, and Magnolia Promenade are all considered mainland suburbs of that city.

Windenburg is a picturesque, thematic enclave, further north. It's a day trip or an overnighter. Yet, it's still considered relatively local. Friends of the main family in my story live there and visit back and forth.

Oasis Springs is Southeast, also a day trip or overnighter. Yet, in relation to Windenburg, Oasis Springs is closer to the city.

Brindleton Bay is clear on across country on the East coast. I use it more for a long weekend or a full vacation trip. One of the romantic interests of my main female Sim has a vacation cottage there.

Granite Falls is a weekend trip Northeast, beyond Windenburg. Selvadorada is much further south, a plane ride away.

I assume that Forgotten Hollow would be someplace overseas. My Sims never go there. It doesn't much suit the story that I'm telling.

I really love how thought out this is. Unless we ever get something official I’ll probably go by what you wrote
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »

Forgotten Hollow is probably near to Windenburg, since they're both very European and traditional worlds.

I always imagine Forgotten Hollow to be upwards the river you can see on Windenburg's map in a dark gloomy forest area where the river originates from.

This makes the most sense. I think Windenburg is closer to WC/SM/Newcrest than Oasis Springs. Perhaps Granite Falls is someplace near Windenburg.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    TreebrookeTreebrooke Posts: 80 Member
    I always imagined them in driving distance but several hours away from each other with Oasis springs behind a tall mountain range that blocks the moisture and cooler weather from the coast. Forgotten Hollow and Granite Falls are in the mountain range. Brindleton Bay and Windenburg are on a northern coast where there's a lot of cooler air coming in from the ocean. San Myshuno, Willow Creek, and Newcrest are in between the coast and the mountains and are the closest together. Magnolia promenade is also coastal but is to the south and likely inside a sheltered bay. Finally Salvadora is far to the south and the sims need a plane to get there.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I think the worlds are nowhere close to each other:

SM feels like a US/Canadian Pacific coastal city to me, WC is a coastal Southern US city, OS is Arizona, NC is probably more a suburban city either close to WC since they share similar environment or SM simply for the city buildings in the backdrop. WB is clearly a German province, it's far too different in style from the others to ever be part of the same nation. BB is Maine or Nova Scotia, and FH is way down in the darkest corner of Eastern Europe, like Transylvania, so closer to WB.

As for vacation worlds, well GF feels like Rocky Mountains to me and SD is obviously an obscure Central/South American country.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2018
    The worlds are not really connected at all. During live play if you tab out from the world you will see that it looks nothing like the maps they give us. It's a different system in Sims 4 - and not maps per sec like the previous sims games. But you can see for yourself just by tabbing out when you are in live play.

I have learned not to do that too often as it is dis-orienting and sort of disappointing to look at it after having real maps in Sims 1-2- and 3.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited June 2018
    The worlds are definitely not physically connected. Every single lot in TS4 and its immediate surroundings basically exists in its own pocket dimension. However, I think that the OP was referring to where the worlds are located in the scheme of our individual play.

Some of us keep all the worlds local. Some of us choose to play them as if they're all spread out in different parts of the U.S. or the world. It all depends on the player, so there's no right or wrong answer.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2018
    Interesting how many people imagine Forgotten Hollow as European! I never even considered it would be near Windenburg. I imagine it as a version of “Sleepy Hollow”, a place inspired by a real town in New York State (USA). I’m from PA/NY (right on the border) and trust me, there are old creepy places like that with a lot of Victorian influence in America :D

I think of Forgotten Hollow as part of the Salem, Massachusetts Historic Trail - it looks like that area where many of the historic houses are and all. The House of 7 Gables - the ancient church and Witch Museum, etc.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=AwrJ61jfAyZbUPcAEf5XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyanNvNWYzBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjQ4NTNfMQRzZWMDc2M-?p=Salem+Massachusetts+Historic+Trail&fr=tightropetb

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited June 2018
    I always viewed Willow Creek and Newcrest to be right next to each other with San Myshuno being deeper inland with the river that run though it being the one that ends up running through Newcrest. Granite Falls is to the north west of Newcrest and Willow Creek as you can see both end up leading into the woodlands. Windenburg is west of Granite Falls on the coast with Forgotten Hollow being between them hidden off the main roads.

Since C&D and Jungle Adventures I'm not sure where my view of the world stands. I guess I would say that Brindleton Bay is between Widenburg and Willow Creek and all three lying on the coast. Oasis Spring was always so hard to place it is so drastically different from all the other world but since we now have Salvadorada I think Salvadorada is west maybe even south of Willcreek as their is a lot of swamplands in Willow Creek and they could eventually lead into the jungle. This could mean that Oasis Spring is off of Salvadorada but way off. This however is mainly due to the fact that both are hotter then all the other worlds.
  • Options
    Cynna wrote: »
    The worlds are definitely not physically connected. Every single lot in TS4 and its immediate surroundings basically exists in its own pocket dimension. However, I think that the OP was referring to where the worlds are located in the scheme of our individual play.

Some of us keep all the worlds local. Some of us choose to play them as if they're all spread out in different parts of the U.S. or the world. It all depends on the player, so there's no right or wrong answer.

This is exactly how I picture them and play. My family currently lives in Brindleton Bay and all of the community lots are just minutes away. A trip to a nightclub or bar or fancy restaurant requires more time for travel to San Myshuno. For me all loading screens are not equal. :D
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Having lived out west you'd be surprised that a lot of these terrains are visible and a few hours drive north, south, east, or west. moast notably california. So i think they are very much interconnected. I imagine SM to be the city, with the surrounding suburban areas to be W, WC, and N. BB is a an 6 hour drive up the coast. OS is a few hours drive east of SM and the burbs. Just my two cents
  • Options
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    Having lived out west you'd be surprised that a lot of these terrains are visible and a few hours drive north, south, east, or west. moast notably california. So i think they are very much interconnected. I imagine SM to be the city, with the surrounding suburban areas to be W, WC, and N. BB is a an 6 hour drive up the coast. OS is a few hours drive east of SM and the burbs. Just my two cents

I imagine my Sims' universe in a similar way. San Myshuno is the hub with the other worlds being suburbs or towns in a more or less the same part of the country (West Coast).

Some day, I hope that the game will get an older city that more resembles NY or Boston. Take some of the glitz and the shine off of everything.

@AquaGamer1212 Thanks. :)

To me, the worlds are different enough that they required some explanation and organization, for story purposes. If I'd been using the game for impromptu play, I doubt that I would have bothered to think about how the worlds relate to each other.

The only issue is that, sometimes, Sims from worlds that are supposed to be farther away, they stroll through town and photo bomb the screenshots. Thank goodness for MCCC, Sims get banished a lot. :D
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If you watch Zootopia at the start when the little bunny is in the train and it travels through all the different worlds, there is one point, when we see a birds eye view of all of them in different sections around a mountain peak. I like to think it's something like that. Or maybe Thomas the tank engine on Sodor island.
  • Options
    TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member

Same I never imagined Forgotten Hollow as anything but American. Doesn't strike me as European at all
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth