Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Glitterbu's House Showcase

GlitterbuGlitterbu Posts: 58 Member
Building houses in the Sims 4 is my passion, it's the one thing that I keep coming back to. Sure, I love playing in live mode, playing as different families; but my favourite part has always been the building aspect. I've not always been the best at it, and I still find furnishing the interior quite difficult, but I think I'm improving - and it's what I enjoy so what does it matter?

My Latest Build

My name on the gallery is HydrogenCyaanide, however you can find me by searching for any of the houses on the screenshot below.
7jIhw9X.png

My latest build: Stripes & Cobbles Home
20 x 20
2 Floors
3 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms & 1 Ensuite
£121,322

Here are some screenshots
Ck66tK1.jpg
9GncpP0.jpg
RFpMpKt.jpg
vfyKQWi.jpg

Any feedback would be appreciated as I've never posted anything like this before, thanks for taking the time to look at this <3
s7fTQtj.jpg

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,643 Member
    It is great that you have set up a showcase thread for your builds :)
    Stripes and Cobbles is a very nice home! :) Very nice Tuder exterior design of the home! The exterior wall textures give a great look and feel to the build, and the flower box windows are a nice touch. Very nice outdoors dining back patio area. The glass roofing is a nice touch over the dining area. Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the bbq and eating the food at the table in the outdoors air. The plants are a nice touch on the table. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! The open plan living, dining and kitchen areas look very nice. Very nice sitting area for sims to relax in front of the fire. The touches of red used for the furnishing adds a great look to the room areas. The red dining chairs look nice, and the green plants on the table complement with the red colour. It is nice that there is a fireplace sitting area in the master bedroom. Sims will sitting there chatting or reading a book. The pink colour scheme of the kids room looks pretty. The fish floor print adds a nice look to the room. The unicorn there is cute! Nice windows study desk nook area for kids to enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer, with sunlight coming in. The school bag looks great placed on the desk. It is great that there is a study desk corner nook in the other double bedroom also. The bedhead wall pictures are a nice touch there.
    The home is very nice :)
  • Options
    I love how this build turned out, it's probably now my favourite home I've ever made, I hope some of you will get some use out of it too! It has an outside area with a pool, wedding area and a bonfire - and the inside is spacious and fully furnished.

Gallery Link

My latest build: Wandering Windowbox
    40 x 30
    3 Floors
    5 Bedrooms & 6 Bathrooms
    £247,099

Vq90Nnu.jpg

V5oJBEJ.jpg

UC3EA9C.jpg

Sjc9V9i.jpg

AtCjvnb.jpg
    s7fTQtj.jpg
  • Options
    Wandering Windowbox is a very nice Tuder style home ! :) The flower and planter box windows add a nice look to the home. It is very special that there is an outdoors wedding area in the build <3 Sims will enjoy getting married there or attending the wedding as a guest. The red carpet aisleway looks great! Very nice outdoors dining area for sims to enjoy cooking meals on the bbq and eating the food outdoors in the air. Very nice gazebo bonfire area! Sims will enjoy sitting around the fire keeping warm. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The old stone wall texture gives a nice feel to the home. It looks nice how the kitchen counter separates off the kitchen from the dining area. Sims will enjoy playing the llama tabletop game or watching the tv in the living room area. Very nice study nook area for sims to enjoy sitting at the desk on the red comfortable armchair using the computer whilst sunlight comes in onto them through the windows.
    It is a very nice home :)
  • Options
    I created this build with elderly couples in mind, I never really play my families until they're that old, I just put them in some random house and don't play them when they get to the elder stage, but with this house I am excited to play them. Inspire by the new glass roof feature, I have created a conservatory area and a greenhouse, perfect for a new or experienced gardener.

Gallery Link

My latest build: Relaxing Retirement
    30 x 20
    2 Floors
    2br & 1ba
    £73,302
    fOHg8M4.jpg
    pyWrOf2.jpg
    qRKpODW.jpg
    s7fTQtj.jpg
  • Options
    Relaxing Retirement is a very nice home for older sims :) Very nice exterior design of the home! It looks very nice the type of and how the windows have been placed in the build. The flowers look very pretty on the edges of the home .Very nice backyard area for Sims to enjoy growing plants outdoors in the gardening boxes. The birdbath is a nice touch there. It is great that there is a greenhouse area! Sims will enjoy growing and harvesting plants there. Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior of the home! It looks a very nice light filled home. Sims would enjoy looking out through the windows at the outdoors views, It is very nice that there is glass roofing over the living area. Sims will enjoy resting on the sofa or armchair reading a book with sunshine coming in into them or have fun playing chess. The flowers and plants on the dining table are nice nature touches for Sims to see when dining. The pink colour of the walls through the home looks very nice. Very nice windows music corner nook for Sims to enjoy playing the keyboard, with the sunlight coming in through the windows. The patterned bed in the bedroom looks nice and homely. It is very nice that there is an armchair reading nook in the bedroom.
    It is a very nice home :)
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    After being inspired by the starter homes thread I decided that I'd give it a go myself and also try making a starter home, and I really like my outcome. It has 2 bathrooms and 1 bedroom, however the downstairs bathroom could be turned into a tiny bedroom if required - I think this house would be easy to modify when the family's funds grow as it's so modern.

Gallery Link

My latest build: Black & White Starter
    20 x 15
    2 Floors
    1br & 2ba
    £19,988
    N2r9LhE.jpg
    tqxhxOX.jpg
    Post edited by Glitterbu on
    s7fTQtj.jpg
  • Options
    The design of Black and White Starter is very nice! :) The black and white colour of exterior looks very effective! The flowers are a nice touch along the front edges of the home. Very nice layout of the levels of the home. The white and pink colour scheme look pretty. The string of footwear lights are a nice touch on the bedhead wall.
    It is a great starter home! :)
  • Options
    I tried something a little different with this house, I was inspired by the grass tiles which I had never used before, but I found that I loved how they looked when applied to balconies - will definitely be incorporating this into other builds. The build also has a modern concept, with a tunnel to the garden separating the two sides of the house.

Gallery Link

My latest build: Nature's Heights
    30 x 20
    3 Floors
    5br & 3ba
    £145,072
    7vcYJ6T.jpg
    EBTAt0i.jpg
    tFl3MFF.jpg
    g8dVKJq.jpg
    KRljvta.jpg
    s7fTQtj.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    More builds coming soon :)
    s7fTQtj.jpg
  • Options
    The exterior design of Nature’s Heights looks very nice! The two colours of the exterior walls gives a great look to the home! Very nice tall structure of the exterior. It is nice that there is both an outdoors harvestable garden area as well as a greenhouse to shelter plants in. It looks great how the garden has been set up with the gardening boxes, Sims will enjoy swimming in the pool. Very nice rooftop outdoors dining area level! Sims will have very nice views whilst dining at the table! Very nice furnishing of the interior. The brick wall texture in one of the bedrooms adds a great look to the room. Sims will enjoy waking up to sunlight coming in through the windows in each of the bedrooms.
    The home is very nice! :)
  • Options
    I'm back with a new build after a year away!

Inspired by James Turner's Sydney Townhouses, I decided to have a go myself, these houses are designed so that one family lives in each section, however unfortunately this isn't possible in the Sims 4. The first section is furnished, where the rest is left bare, I hope everyone loves this build as much as I do.

Gallery Link

UcokjRJ.jpg

mVgMHVy.jpg

nGALeoT.jpg

My latest build: Townhouse
    30 x 30
    3 Floors
    3br & 3ba
    £120,741
    s7fTQtj.jpg
  • Options
    The Townhouse is very nice! :) Very nice exterior design, and the flowers are pretty along the front edges, Very nice interior layout, with one townhouse furnished for a sims family to enjoy living in. The blue and brown colour scheme is very nice. The coat stand is a nice homely touch near the front door. Very nice furnishing and layout of both levels of the townhouse :)