Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vlad the Progenitor

Comments

• Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I like Ai's son.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    astera00astera00 Posts: 267 Member
    @BlueR0se I agree. He'd be pretty normal if had his mother's eyes instead of Vlad's.
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    I love this post. So cool to see Vlad's kids. Very interesting too. That nose, man. Of course those eyes and mouth with another nose is almost worse.

Yeah, everything about him is just so bad, isn't it? I think Seline's son got that exact combination though, everything but the nose for once :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    New batch of offspring, incoming for tonight. Let's see if there are any other successes (or horrors) shall we? The next two mothers are sisters. They look so similar, that they may as well be twins really. First up is Fox Ryder, mother to a human daughter.

a9Iyqw9.png
    Human daughter of Fox Ryder. Oh dear, oh dear :cold_sweat: I can't say there's a single redeeming feature there. Poor girl.

3ptxJ1Z.png

Mission beautiful: FAIL
  • Options
    Next up is Lexa Ryder, Fox's sister. She had twin boys, one vampire, one human.

tgE3TTg.png
    Human son of Lexa. He looks so sad, doesn't he? He has his mother's eyes and a similar nose, so he isn't all that bad. The mouth ruins things a bit though. I'd say he's passable and can plausibly deny that Vlad is his father :joy:

6rDqw96.png

Mission beautiful: ALMOST

Lexa's vampire son. Finally, another success! :D In constrast to his twin brother, he looks quite happy, doesn't he? Amazing what a difference just the mouth makes, since they have the same nose and eyes. He has most of his mother's looks, except the long chin, but it adds character rather than looking completely hideous.

XJBR3jy.png

Mission beautiful: SUCCESS! :D
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,431 Member
    Jessica rabbits kids! :o But Fox Ryder’s :# this is too good! It’s truly honorable what you’re doing B)
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I like the sad boy (Lexa Ryder's).
  • Options
    I like the sad boy (Lexa Ryder's).

He's kind of endearing isn't he? You just want to hug him and cheer him up. Lexa really did get lucky having two normal-looking boys from Vlad :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    A new family tonight with particularly strong genes, but were they strong enough to defeat Vlad?

The de Winter's are a pair of sisters, Helena and Rose, with their cousin Ophelia. Despite being cousins, Rose and Ophelia could be twins (I did not make them that way, they were randomly generated like that - I let it be). Between them, they have four children, two humans and two vampires. Here are the results.

First up, Rose de Winter, mother of twin girls.

nFttd66.png
    Her human daughter. She's Vlad's daughter in an improved way, her mother's features have definitely softened the look somewhat. The mouth isn't quite as droopy, so a bit more normal, her eyes improve the harshness of the Vlad brows, better cheek line, but she still has too much of her father.

i3KmWbD.png

Her vampire daughter. Despite the creepy Vlad eyes, she doesn't have that stange expression - getting her mother's eyebrows and lips has improved things somewhat. Still, too Straud to be normal.

Oik5sZq.png

Mission beautiful: FAIL :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    Next up is Rose's sister, Helena de Winter, mother of a single human daughter.

Helena de Winter

E1qMIGU.png
    Her human daughter. What's interesting about her, is her blonde brows that she also had as a child (nothing here is tweaked by me) - her grandmother is blonde, so either it's a coincidence, or grandparents features can skip a generatin (I'm not sure about this, so if anyone can clarify). The Straud nose is unmistakable, but she seems to be a bit of a combination elsewhere. Clearly her mouth and eyes are her mother's, but the brows and face shape seem to be a combination. The genetics on this one are interesting. If she had a nose job, she could reasonably deny that Vlad is her father :sweat_smile: I think I'll rate her as an almost.

fzGtyrU.png

Mission beautiful: ALMOST
  • Options
    The final mother for tonight is the cousin, Rose, no sorryOphelia de Winter, mother to a single vampire son.

vGgBVQm.png
    Her vampire son. Not much to say here really. Straud all over, but that de Winter red hair really sticks around, doesn't it? There are more de Winters coming, Rose and Helena's blonde younger sister and mother (potion of youth), but their children are not teens yet.

PIVrKuD.png

• Options
    That's it for tonight. I realize that this experiment has made some messed-up family trees, especially with the potion of youth, to get some mothers to have children at the same time as their daughters :sweat_smile: What a sight it would be to have the whole family tree laid bare and see all the members who had children with the same person :joy::sob:

I'm also getting some ideas for a challenge with formal rules, would anyone be interested? We can create it together.
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I love this thread! Bookmarked it as soon as you made it. It's fun to see what Vlad can produce even if most are. . . Very unique to say the least. I'd be interested in having Rose and her twin daughters in my game if you're willing to share them. o:)
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @littlemissgogo I'm glad you're enjoying it :blush: Rose and her sister and cousin are altogether, do you mind if I upload them as one unit? You can have the whole lot to play with. Though I don't think Ophelia would show as their cousin though, because I didn't put their fathers into this save, so there's no connection there. Any others you'd like?
  • Options
    @littlemissgogo They're on there now. I also found the whole family together as I was going through my library, their mother, sister, uncle, brother (without Straud), if you want a de Winter dynasty. I'll be happy to upload any you like.
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    astera00 wrote: »
    @littlemissgogo They're on there now. I also found the whole family together as I was going through my library, their mother, sister, uncle, brother (without Straud), if you want a de Winter dynasty. I'll be happy to upload any you like.

thank you! I snagged the whole set. I'm gonna fit them in somewhere in my save. :)
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    Rose & Ophelia are gorgeous. What a shame straud’s genes are so strong; those poor kids.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Thanks for the updates. Its fun guessing how the genetics will play out before seeing the results.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    One for this afternoon, Isolde Moreaux. She's actually Rose and Helena's mother in my regular save, so there is some resemblance. She has a single, vampire son.

CJ0xnlB.png
    Vampire son of Isolde. He looks like he belongs in a Brit Pop band, doesn't he? :sweat_smile: Interestingly, he got the red hair, even though Isolde is blonde and her children Rose and Helena get their red hair from their father. Something going on with genetics... His mother's eyes and cheek line make him more normal looking, although the rest is Straud. At least his mouth is positioned appropriately and not somewhere in the middle of his chin. He might be a bit more normal, but definitely doesn't have Straud-free looks :joy:

elOYIrN.png

Mission beautiful: FAIL ALMOST
    Post edited by astera00 on
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited June 2018
    Hey, Isolde's son isn't that bad. I'd much rather call him an "Almost" than a "Fail".

Also is it just me, or is the Straud nose actually pretty alright? I honestly don't mind it. Or maybe I just like noses.
    I mean, it definitely has character. It's the least horrible part of his face, in my opinion. Which probably isn't saying too much, because his entire face is kinda... unique. The eyes are the worst part. And the eyebrow arches. The mouth when it's way too far down.
    Hey, how are his genes so strong anyway?

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    @Magdaleena Maybe you're right. I did go back to have a look again and change his hairstyle and see if that made any difference and there is some improvement. I haven't been styling the children before screenshots, there are over 30 now, it would take too long and it's not worth it if I don't know who I'll continue playing with yet. I think my judgement ultimately came down to the combination of the mouth and nose together. The eye area actually isn't bad.

I agree with you about the nose, somewhat. After all these offspring, I've realised that the nose is not the worst part of his looks at all, although it is quite extreme. Jessica Rabbit's daughters both have it, but overall they don't look so bad. Don't they make you think of the kind of person who's really confident in their looks even though they know they're not perfect? Like they'll get dressed up and quote "there are no ugly women, only lazy ones" :D and just flaunt whatever they're wearing?

It's strange though, to see that all of the Straud noses are inherited completely, with no influence from the mothers on it's size. The other features do sometimes seem to blend a bit, but not the nose in the slightest. What destroys the children's looks the most are the extremely squashed-in eyes, vacant stare, too-small irises, droopy mouth and unattractively arched brows. I'd love to know the thought process going on in the employee's head who created Vlad :joy:
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    Hey, how are his genes so strong anyway?

And that's what this entire experiment is about :sweat_smile: How indeed? Well, it's keeping me amused, for now.

• Options
    Also, I have two more sims to show for tonight, a mother and daughter pair, who could be twins. Alexandra Vanderbilt and her daughter Alexis Ryder.

First up is Alexis Ryder, mother to a single human daughter.

GqHTX7W.png
    Her human daughter. She got the mouth and cheek line wholly from her mother, but man, the Straud eyes, they're just too much. If she had her mother's eyes, even with that nose and those brows, she'd be passable, but no. This one's a fail.

vxJQ2jn.png

Mission beautiful: FAIL :cold_sweat:
  • Options
    Alexis's mother, Alexandra Vanderbilt. She's basicaly her daughter's raven-haired twin. She has one, vampire daughter.

N7VNWZz.png
    Alexandra's vampire daughter. She's really not so bad and her eyebrows are even different from her mother's, but not bad. Besides the mouth, she has most of her mother's looks. The mouth is sooooo droopy though, that's what ruins things for her, otherwise she's very nearly there. Oh well, a mission is a mission.

FZP9kzN.png

Mission beautiful: ALMOST :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    Vlad must be sterilised :D Poor poor children ... Or move all those children to his house :D
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    astera00 wrote: »
    Finally, Seline's twin sister Celestine Astor. She also had a son, but he's a vampire.

Eg8NIua.png
    Celestine's vampire son. Not the horror of his brother/cousin, even though he does have the Straud nose, but almost normal, if not good-looking. Almost.

oZGiHqp.png

So 12 down and 18 to go. Now I really wish I could follow them to school. Can you imagine what the poor teacher who steps into their classroom will be thinking? :joy::sweat_smile: I feel a little sorry for these ladies, putting them through this. At least they have good lives in their regular saves.

Call me crazy but I kind of like his face. It's oddly pleasant.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    The real question is how does Vlad attract all these women? Unbelievable...