Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you but a holiday themed stuff pack?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    We already have a Holiday pack that is FREE that they update with new stuff every year - so why would we want to buy one?
    Because the free pack is garbage and offers nothing but useless décor like the Christmas tree that could not be decorated unlike the new Christmas tree coming with Seasons that can be decorated. I'm looking for game play not stuff that is just visual but adds nothing to the game... Do you believe they will add content like Christmas carols or kissing under the mistletoe if that's not in Seasons in the free pack?

How much gameplay do you expect in a stuff pack? Generally, we'd get two gameplay items so I don't see why anyone would expect much from a stuff pack anyway. It would be mostly 'stuff,' like the free Holiday pack.
    I would expect about 3 game play items and Christmas carols would be extremely easy for them all the work is done with City Living singing skill they would just need to voice record.
    We already have a Holiday pack that is FREE that they update with new stuff every year - so why would we want to buy one?
    Because the free pack is garbage and offers nothing but useless décor like the Christmas tree that could not be decorated unlike the new Christmas tree coming with Seasons that can be decorated. I'm looking for game play not stuff that is just visual but adds nothing to the game... Do you believe they will add content like Christmas carols or kissing under the mistletoe if that's not in Seasons in the free pack?

I wouldn't call it "garbage" -- we've gotten some really nice CAS items as freebees like tuxedos for men and boys. And decor always comes in useful for public venues; I could see using the fancy tree as decor in one of my shops, for example. I'm planning on building a set of seasonal shops that I can switch out at the beginning of each season, selling seasonal produce for planting and seasonal appropriate items). Considering the price (free) there are good items there. I hope they continue to update the pack with more items to help celebrate our own holidays, the way we got the Diwali items last autumn.

And according to the blog looks like kids will be able to make cards (maybe other crafts) and the trailer showed kissing under the mistletoe so those are covered. But between Seasons content and hopefully continued updating of the Holiday Celebration Pack, we should be doing fine for decor items that we wouldn't need a supplemental SP.
    Décor without game play is garbage sure now that Seasons added actual game play with holidays they can be used for what they are set dressing but that is it. If we're are getting more holiday content I'd gladly pay for quality over décor freebies which was my point and if last year shows where they're going with the free pack sandman surfing Santa and the ugly Diwali items I'll stick with what I said even more.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member

The freepack came with some little firecracker things last year that sims can pop open and get gifts. Glad mistletoe is coming with Seasons.
  • Options

How much gameplay do you expect in a stuff pack? Generally, we'd get two gameplay items so I don't see why anyone would expect much from a stuff pack anyway. It would be mostly 'stuff,' like the free Holiday pack.

Backyard Stuff and Spooky Stuff had 4 Gameplay Objects.
  • Options

I wouldn't call it "garbage" -- we've gotten some really nice CAS items as freebees like tuxedos for men and boys. And decor always comes in useful for public venues; I could see using the fancy tree as decor in one of my shops, for example. I'm planning on building a set of seasonal shops that I can switch out at the beginning of each season, selling seasonal produce for planting and seasonal appropriate items). Considering the price (free) there are good items there. I hope they continue to update the pack with more items to help celebrate our own holidays, the way we got the Diwali items last autumn.

And according to the blog looks like kids will be able to make cards (maybe other crafts) and the trailer showed kissing under the mistletoe so those are covered. But between Seasons content and hopefully continued updating of the Holiday Celebration Pack, we should be doing fine for decor items that we wouldn't need a supplemental SP.

I wouldn't call it garbage either. I love that Holiday Fireplace we got last year and those outdoor lighted trees we got in 2016.
  • Options
    lopithecuslopithecus Posts: 1,735 Member
    edited May 2018
    Loanet wrote: »
    It'd be packed with stuff that should have been in Seasons in the first place.

You know, Sims 2, that also had a Seasons expansion pack, also had a Holiday Stuff pack. It wouldn't be some new thing that EA did by separating holiday stuff and seasons.
    k55mmxl
    "The one you confide in the most. The one who understands you best. The one you'll miss more than any other. When he dies..." - Batman/Superman 018
    SuperBat ruined my life!<3
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Probably not. Seasons is probably gonna have a decent chunk of Holiday content in it already, and we got winter/ Christmas holiday decor for free, and there already is a Stuff Pack for Halloween decor.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,608 Member
    Seasons will probably cover the holidays I mean we have a bunny and some sort of st. Nick but we haven't seen the pack yet there's probably more to it they even added more Halloween decorations in the trailers.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

Backyard Stuff and Spooky Stuff had 4 Gameplay Objects.

That's why I said "Generally." Graham said they try to aim for approximately 2-3 gameplay items. The final number depends on development time. I was just trying to point out that ChadSims said he didn't want stuff when stuff packs are mostly stuff.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,419 Member
    Nope. We have the free holiday SP and I bought Spooky stuff bc it was on sale (an SP on sale!! Yay). That's all I need bc what else would one really want for holidays? Anyway, I'd want the Seasons EP to include everything needed for a great holiday, otherwise it would be a rip-off in that area.

A season-themed vacation pack also doesn't appeal to me at all, bc I feel that a feature should be fleshed out in the pack that is dedicated to it. Sure, I'd love new worlds that are influenced in special ways by Seasons, but it shouldn't be a piece chopped out of the EP.

This. All of this, down to getting Spooky Stuff on sale.