Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons SimGuru/Maxis-Sourced Info

Comments

• Options
    Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    edited May 2018

Players can still play as PlantSims.
    But it does require cheating though.
    Yes testingcheats and shift click on sim. Make into plantsim.

Except that's not real life state, not at all. First, it was/is only temporary, second - it's only VISUAL. Your sim can eat certain ice-cream and the effect would be the same (the only difference is that it lasts even less). So for now - not a real life state, no additional functions, abilities or even dialogue options. Your sim only have some motives change, temporarily, of course.

We need REAL plantsims, like in TS2 or TS3.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    mika wrote: »
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Well Forgotten Hollow is too haunted to get snow, instead, it's gonna be autumn.

Forgotten Hollow will definitely look spooky in autumn, but winter can be eerie and surreal too.

279b1323a6b542d0db721ac4c68f326f.jpg
    35dbc35ea7d87a41a3a49e09f74670d9--scary-places-haunted-places.jpg
    tumblr_oehkv3I4Jw1tliyzbo1_500.jpg
    These are some random pics I found as examples, but I've walked through snowy woods before when I visited Canada. It's beautiful but terrifying at night, more so in the winter than any other season. Fortunately I was with my family, don't recomend going alone at all.

Reminds me of Midnight Hollow in TS3 with snow.
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    Wow, that was incredibly misleading. I thought we would get to read about the climates in the different worlds...
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    SO wait, if there's death by freezing, there has to be warmth ratings right? I mean, what about all the existing premades, townies, and our very own Sims going to deal when the Winter rolls in? Am I supposed to give ALL of them warm clothes now or risk having them all freeze to death because most of them dress so light? I hope they'll just put warm outerwear on automatically and if there's a new category for it I can just change their winter style later without worrying about their deaths. These are the existential questions I think about...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Why the Console version isn't being released at the same time:
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    SO wait, if there's death by freezing, there has to be warmth ratings right? I mean, what about all the existing premades, townies, and our very own Sims going to deal when the Winter rolls in? Am I supposed to give ALL of them warm clothes now or risk having them all freeze to death because most of them dress so light? I hope they'll just put warm outerwear on automatically and if there's a new category for it I can just change their winter style later without worrying about their deaths. These are the existential questions I think about...

I'm trying to remember how it was handled in 2 and 3. I don't recall stumbling over any frozen townies.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited May 2018
    Why the Console version isn't being released at the same time:

So basically this means we won't see seasons on console till next year. Still hoping for Cats and Dogs in July.
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited May 2018
    The threat of lightning is a plus! I think it would be awesome if we could get some extreme weather like tornadoes, floods, or even meteor showers in a future game pack. Natural disasters would just add so much more thrill.
  • Options
    rjssim wrote: »
    The threat of lighting is a plus! I think it would be awesome if we could get some extreme weather like tornadoes, floods, or even meteor showers in a future game pack. Natural disasters just add so much more thrill.

What is this, SimCity?
  • Options
    MeskenasBoiiMeskenasBoii Posts: 39 Member
    If you look at it that way, a reminiscent TS4 may have as The SimCity.

Also, sim combustion risk via overheating?
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Anyone asked about hail yet? It wasn't in the trailer, but the trailers don't always show everything.

I asked about hail and if sims can catch a tan. :)
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Could someone asks if two families can have different made-to-holidays in the same save or not?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I'm not on twitter but I really want to know the following;

- will seasonal holidays/festivals work like sims 3, ie, will sims have to have the day off work?
    - can we change the season type/order/length per world?
    - is there a new lot type?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    I'd love it if there's options to change the seasons for each world, and shorten, lengthen, or completely remove seasons. If none of these are in store, that might get a lot of people upset, including me.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    It's confirmed that there are some groovin' new radio stations what Emory say about it
    https://twitter.com/SimGuruEmory/status/1000109221063548928
  • Options
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited May 2018
    @paradiseplanet in sims 2 (and i'm guessing sims 3, though never got seasons for that one...), there was a new category 'outerwear' added that sims indeed would change into on their own when it rained/snowed or the like. i know currently in 4 there is a section of full body outfits called 'outerwear' and am hoping that those get moved into the new outfit category if it continues like the previous games (the peacoat from vampires is pretty much perfect outerwear for most wet or cold situations, as an example)

it wasn't a tremendous deal, but the only bit i didn't like for this in 2 was watching them change into cold-weather outfits when it rained, or raingear when it snowed. but that'll be easier to handle here in 4, just spin them into the right one, or ask them if you can see their other outfit (if you've given them at least two, of course) if they're unplayed. ...i already foresee a lot of editing of outerwear as soon as the pack comes back...

edited to add: forgot to say that the 'everyone automatically gets something random in the new outfit category' is exactly what happened when pools and swimwear were introduced here in 4
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    KJB wrote: »

Snowy Windenburg is going to be a dream. I also look forward to snowy Forgotten Hollow.

And snowy San Myshuno!
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Any idea how long each season will be? Will we be able to set each season length like we could in 3? Also will there be something like the lot marker in 3, so our sims can stroll through the neighborhood & see Christmas trees or jack-o-lanterns in all the houses?

And I'm going to have to start building some basements or add on rooms, since my houses are kind of crowded, so my sims' have a lot of toys & stuff outside! Kind of hard for a child to draw pictures in the pouring rain!
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    In my game willow creek will definitely have winter , because i like willow creek :) . And I like Windenburg. Dont really love Brindleton bay because there are few lots and one of them has an light pole I don't like standing in front of it. Another has a public toilet in front so its not good for use.

Just want to note that we don't yet know if we can pick and choose what seasons an individual world has.
    Andiratyme wrote: »
    I did not see any mention of plantsims nor did I see them in the trailer.

Nope, nothing hinting at that at the moment. I suspect they'd have made an appearance in the trailer if they were in the pack, personally. Not sure why some people are talking as if they're going to be in the pack.
    Does anyone remember seeing sunbathing towels or lounge chairs in the trailer? I really hope they come in Seasons because I find it strange to have pools without them.

Neither is in the trailer. I suspect that lounge chairs would be in the trailer if they were in the pack. I'm guessing they focused more on active play. Maybe we'll still get a tropical holiday pack with those things? I feel like that's still a gap.

Sweet!!

yes >:)
    more for sim kids and more drama please

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top