Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons SimGuru/Maxis-Sourced Info

Comments

• KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited May 2018
    Idk, it snowed multiple times in 29 Palms, CA 2 years ago when I was there, and it's in the middle of the Mojave Desert! lol Was really interesting to see the desert covered in snow... cacti and all. lol Anyway, I only mention that because I don't think winter snow is entirely out of place even in desert cities like Oasis Springs. Hopefully, we can customize our weather settings so everyone can custom tailor the weather to their liking.

Thanks for making this thread, Luthien! Your info consolidations rock!!!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    In my game willow creek will definitely have winter , because i like willow creek :) . And I like Windenburg. Dont really love Brindleton bay because there are few lots and one of them has an light pole I don't like standing in front of it. Another has a public toilet in front so its not good for use.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Idk, it snowed multiple times in 29 Palms, CA 2 years ago when I was there, and it's in the middle of the Mojave Desert! lol Was really interesting to see the desert covered in snow... cacti and all. lol Anyway, I only mention that because I don't think winter snow is entirely out of place even in desert cities like Oasis Springs. Hopefully, we can customize our weather settings so everyone can custom tailor the weather to their liking.

Yep, certain deserts do get cold enough for snow, just not as much as other places would.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    I did not see any mention of plantsims nor did I see them in the trailer.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited May 2018
    Has anyone asked if we'll get a new venue type? And if so, what it'll be? And footprint info for the skating rink.
    As a builder I'd like to be able to leave some space for these things while I prepare my save for the new EP.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    KJB wrote: »

Snowy Windenburg is going to be a dream. I also look forward to snowy Forgotten Hollow.
    Does anyone remember seeing sunbathing towels or lounge chairs in the trailer? I really hope they come in Seasons because I find it strange to have pools without them.
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited May 2018
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    In my game willow creek will definitely have winter , because i like willow creek :) . And I like Windenburg. Dont really love Brindleton bay because there are few lots and one of them has an light pole I don't like standing in front of it. Another has a public toilet in front so its not good for use.

Just want to note that we don't yet know if we can pick and choose what seasons an individual world has.
    Andiratyme wrote: »
    I did not see any mention of plantsims nor did I see them in the trailer.

Nope, nothing hinting at that at the moment. I suspect they'd have made an appearance in the trailer if they were in the pack, personally. Not sure why some people are talking as if they're going to be in the pack.
    mika wrote: »
    Does anyone remember seeing sunbathing towels or lounge chairs in the trailer? I really hope they come in Seasons because I find it strange to have pools without them.

Neither is in the trailer. I suspect that lounge chairs would be in the trailer if they were in the pack. I'm guessing they focused more on active play. Maybe we'll still get a tropical holiday pack with those things? I feel like that's still a gap.

Sweet!!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    YES @ death by freezing.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    1. I wanna know if PlantSims get their Water need up when they stand in rain and 2. if clothes on the clothes line stay wet if it rains

How do you even become a plant sim?
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    1. I wanna know if PlantSims get their Water need up when they stand in rain and 2. if clothes on the clothes line stay wet if it rains

You don't, as far as anybody actually knows. There's no indication at all that there will be PlantSims in the pack.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member

It came with a free patch update,,, it was quite some time ago.

The Sims Game
    Sonia016 wrote: »

It was a one-week activity, though, not a full addition.
  • SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 334 Member
    edited May 2018

Players can still play as PlantSims.
    But it does require cheating though.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited May 2018

Players can still play as PlantSims.
    But it does require cheating though.

Yes testingcheats and shift click on sim. Make into plantsim.
  • SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    Is there a chance for anyone to ask since we have laundry will our clothes get soaked and or muddy ( without having the mud fight) and we would have to make our sims go home and do laundry to make them clean again?

Like if our sims goes out into the rain without a umbrella or they head into a blizzard etc etc.
    oxv0Rm8.png
    Slyvanas wrote: »
    Is there a chance for anyone to ask since we have laundry will our clothes get soaked and or muddy ( without having the mud fight) and we would have to make our sims go home and do laundry to make them clean again?

Like if our sims goes out into the rain without a umbrella or they head into a blizzard etc etc.

FYI, @SimGuruKate is collecting questions on Twitter.
    Anyone asked about hail yet? It wasn't in the trailer, but the trailers don't always show everything.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    mika wrote: »
    KJB wrote: »

Snowy Windenburg is going to be a dream. I also look forward to snowy Forgotten Hollow.
    Well Forgotten Hollow is too haunted to get snow, instead, it's gonna be autumn.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Maybe a light dusting of snow, depending how high th elevation it's supposed to be. Or there could be snowflaks but too warm for the snow to "stick" and build up (I remember a weekend in Las Vegas watching snowflaks fall past my hotel windown but melted by the time it reached the pavement that was still warm from the winter sun earlier in the day.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    edited May 2018
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Well Forgotten Hollow is too haunted to get snow, instead, it's gonna be autumn.

Forgotten Hollow will definitely look spooky in autumn, but winter can be eerie and surreal too.

279b1323a6b542d0db721ac4c68f326f.jpg
    35dbc35ea7d87a41a3a49e09f74670d9--scary-places-haunted-places.jpg
    tumblr_oehkv3I4Jw1tliyzbo1_500.jpg
    These are some random pics I found as examples, but I've walked through snowy woods before when I visited Canada. It's beautiful but terrifying at night, more so in the winter than any other season. Fortunately I was with my family, don't recomend going alone at all.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top