Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MySims Legacy Challenge **Last Updated (3/26/2023)**

Comments

• Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    @Jendowoz0612 I actually am writing it on my website! I'm going like a train right now with writing because I'm in this flow. I already have like 13 chapters (1 chapter is 1 sim-day) in Generation 1, but because I'm scared to publish it online (I'm scared to go slower after some time of playing and then people need to wait to read) I still have the story on private. You can still access the story by clicking on this link, but you'll need to save that link or you can't go to the story anymore.

Link here!
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Options
    alexis3142alexis3142 Posts: 1,113 Member
    edited June 2020
    Skeilah wrote: »
    I started playing my own MySims Legacy Challenge. I'll miss out on one goal in Generation 1 because I don't have the GP 'Dine Out', but I really wanted to do generation 1 so I made it myself a little bit easier for this first generation. Hope you don't mind.

For all the other generations: I still don't have ALL packs, but I have most of them and am planning on buying some more soon so that won't be a problem :) I'm super exited!

Here's my founder: Liz Ridley.

05-19-20-3-12-28-pm_orig.png

No worries!! I was thinking of making owning a restaurant optional because the first generation is a little difficult! I look forward to following your playthrough!!! And your founder is really cute!
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    My Origin ID is Sinnamonalisa
    Check me out on Tumblr where I post MySims 4 Legacy Challenge Updates!
    3cyI.gif
  • Options
    @alexis3142 Yeah, from all the Generations I think 1 is one of the most difficult ones to play. I read them all to get an idea of them and most of them seem more easy then this one :p

Thank you! <3
  • Options
    MagicalSimmer110MagicalSimmer110 Posts: 20 Member
    I am starting this challenge but am wondering if I have to go with the legacy plot rule???
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I don't believe so. Just the legacy rules of who is heir
  • Options
    alexis3142 wrote: »
    You can follow any legacy succession rules you want here is the link: https://www.simslegacychallenge.com/sims-4-legacy-challenge-rules-succession-laws/

I only included things from this link and the things I liked.
  • Options
    storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    This is the longest so far that I have played a Legacy since TS3, and the most fun I've had as well! I am on the 6th Generation, with Poppy as an adult and her two sons, one of whom will be the heir for the Violet generation. They're both boys - I did give them flower names, just not Violet. Ollie, after Oleander, and Cypress. I have tried to use at least themed names to relate to the MySims character the gen is based on.

I love this challenge because I don't feel sooo restricted and like I have to hit every single goal. If one generation doesn't get every single thing done, I don't feel as though I've failed. I also like bending the rules based on different pack releases. For example, instead of making Poppy outgoing, I gave her the Green Fiend trait from Eco Living. It just adds a dynamic for me where I can play with new features from DLC but still in the story of this challenge.
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    That is why I love it so much, too. @storyy and you can take as long as you need to reach the goals being allowed to be on long life. I think @alexis3142 really did the best job on this one! <3

• Options
    storyy wrote: »
    This is the longest so far that I have played a Legacy since TS3, and the most fun I've had as well! I am on the 6th Generation, with Poppy as an adult and her two sons, one of whom will be the heir for the Violet generation. They're both boys - I did give them flower names, just not Violet. Ollie, after Oleander, and Cypress. I have tried to use at least themed names to relate to the MySims character the gen is based on.

I love this challenge because I don't feel sooo restricted and like I have to hit every single goal. If one generation doesn't get every single thing done, I don't feel as though I've failed. I also like bending the rules based on different pack releases. For example, instead of making Poppy outgoing, I gave her the Green Fiend trait from Eco Living. It just adds a dynamic for me where I can play with new features from DLC but still in the story of this challenge.
    That is why I love it so much, too. @storyy and you can take as long as you need to reach the goals being allowed to be on long life. I think @alexis3142 really did the best job on this one! <3

I'm so glad you guys love it!! And thank you that means so much to me, putting the whole thing together was really hard, usually when there's an expansion pack I sit down after the guides have been updated and fo through each generation and change things! I haven't yet for eco living/lifestyle (I can never remember lol) but I will soon!

I've restarted my playthrough so many times because my save got corrupted, or I got a new laptop, or a new pack came out haha. But I'm currently on the third generation, I'm so hyped to hear that you love playing it!! And you should never feel like you fail!! This challenge is just a fun way to play, there have been times where I don't wanna be on a long lifespan anymore or I just wanna age someone up. If you have too many rules then you could lose interest and that's no fun. I just say, play how you want, and do whatever is best!!

I know the first generation is a little bit difficult, I was thinking of going through and changing it up a bit, they keep adding food related skills and I'm like noooo xD but let me know if you guys have any ideas!!! Thank you so so much, I love ya all <3

Hi My Name is Lex!
    3cyI.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I love the challenge and how much work you put into it. ^^ if I wasn't so busy and always jumping around I stories I'd be further xD mat actually play today once my husband gets home cause my kiddos are disrespectful today and I'm fed up.

Sims is my happy me time break xD

And the challenge may not end up being super hard for me since I started Gino as a toddler for story purposes lol
  • Options
    Hey everyone! As I have a bunch of free time I've been playing more, I added some changes to Generation 4, just a trait and swapped out a skill, these kinda go with the new expansion, if you don't have it don't worry about the changes! As I keep playing I'm gonna keep editing the generations as well as when new stuff comes out, if you guys have any ideas that feel free to share with me!! I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    3cyI.gif
  • Options
    Oh o have no idea :,/ I'm still in gen 1 cause I have limited time to play with three kids :/ I wish I had advice
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    You can age up the sims if you need to @Shadami Alexis is very flexible with what is allowed in aging. <3

• Options
    Yeah boom boom boom everywhere
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Shadami wrote: »
    Yeah boom boom boom everywhere
    You can age up the sims if you need to @Shadami Alexis is very flexible with what is allowed in aging. <3

Yes, no worries about aging! You play how you want otherwise its no fun! What I do (and you don't have to do this) but I usually use the rules for the 100 baby challenge, so if they have an A in school you can age them up! This is from the 100 baby challenge post by Erica87
    "Babies can only be aged up on their natural birthday.
    Toddlers can be aged up either when they reach level 3 in all skills or when they max out three skills or on their natural birthday.
    Children can be aged up as soon as they get an A in school or on their natural birthday.
    Teenagers can be aged up as soon as they get an A in school as well or on their natural birthday."
    But all in all, play how you want! If you need to change something that's ok!

(but also irl kids, I totally get how you have limited play time, so no rush I'm not expecting anyone to finish the challenge in a week lol! Play at your own pace!)
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    3cyI.gif
  • Options
    AuroraBoreallisAuroraBoreallis Posts: 108 Member
    Hey Gang

"Spoiler Alert" ... LOL ... Incoming long post ... I apologize in advance

I decided to try this challenge. However, there were a few things I wanted to change. So, I contacted Alexis and asked her if it would be okay. She said it would be fine. I told her I would share my changes. I changed the order in which I am doing the generations, I also changed some of the traits, aspirations, careers, collections and added special / optional things. With the changes I've made you end up with at least 1 of each Life State in the family.

An example of the changes I've made is, in the original Generation 6 is Poppy and Generation 7 is Violet. I swapped them so that Violet is first and Poppy is second since Violet's description says "She does her best to take care of her kid sister, Poppy."

So here we go with my order and changes:

Generation 1: Dr. F
    Skills: Logic, Robotics, Handiness (Added, none in the original)

Generation 2: T.O.B.A.R.
    Special / Optional: Be a Male Servo created by Dr. F and hopefully get abducted by Aliens and come back pregnant.

Generation 3: Jenny
    Traits: Geek, Goofball, Genius (Swapped Genius instead of Outgoing)
    Collections: Voidcritters (Added, none in the original – To be done as a child)
    Special / Optional: Be an Alien (Hopefully via Servo Alien abduction)

Generation 4: Morcubus
    Collections: City Posters (Added, none in the original)

Generation 5: Goth Boy
    Skills: Vampire Lore, Pipe Organ (Added Pipe Organ)
    Collections: Sugar Skulls (Added, none in the original)
    Special / Optional: Be a Vampire

Generation 6: Violet
    Traits: Good, Bookworm, Family Oriented (Changed to fit new Aspiration & Career)
    Aspiration: Successful Lineage (Changed)
    Career: Education / Professor (Changed)
    Collections: Postcards (Added, none in the original)
    Special / Optional: Go to University and get a Distinguished Degree in Psychology from Foxbury Institute

Generation 7: Poppy
    Nothing changed

Generation 8: Elmira Clamp
    Collections: Holiday Cracker Plushies (Added, none in the original)
    Special / Optional: Write Zombie Carl’s Book of Life

Generation 9: Zombie Carl
    Collections: Positivity Posters (Added, none in the original)
    Special / Optional: Die before maxing career and have Elmira Clamp bring you back as a Ghost with Book of Life

Generation 10: Gino
    Traits: Foodie, Gloomy, Insane (Swapped Insane instead of Clumsy)
    Special / Optional: Own a 5 Star Restaurant

Generation 11: Chaz McFreely
    Traits: Active, Bro, Self-Absorbed (Swapped Self-Absorbed instead of Hot-Headed)
    Collections: Buried Treasure (Added, none in the original)

Generation 12: Hopper
    Special / Optional: Own a Cat and Vet Clinic

Generation 13: Yuki
    Traits: Art Lover, Creative, Perfectionist (Changed to fit new Aspiration & Career)
    Aspiration: Painter Extraordinaire (Changed)
    Career: Freelancer / Fashion Photographer (Changed)
    Skills: Painting, Photography (Changed to fit new Aspiration & Career)
    Collections: Snow Globes (Added, none in the original)

Generation 14: Gonk
    Traits: Cheerful, Child of the Ocean, Loves the Outdoors (Changed)
    Skills: Logic, Charisma (Added Charisma)
    Collections: Seashells (Removed Buried Treasure)
    Special / Optional: Be a Mermaid / Merman

Generation 15: Ol’ Gabby
    Traits: Hot-Headed, Maker, Loves the Outdoors (Swapped Loves the Outdoors instead of Genius)
    Skills: Fishing, Handiness, Pet Training (Added Pet Training)
    Special / Optional: Have a Dog

Generation 16: DJ Candy
    Traits: Dance Machine, Bro, Goofball (Swapped Goofball instead of Music Lover)
    Career: Social Media / Internet Personality (Changed)
    Collections: MySims Trophies (Added, none in the original)

Generation 17: Buddy
    Traits: Self Assured, Bro, Cheerful (Swapped Self Assured and Bro instead of Ambitious and Hot Headed)
    Aspiration: Friend to the World (Changed)
    Career: Secret Agent / Diamond (Changed branch)
    Skills: Logic, Charisma (Swapped Charisma instead of Mischief)

Generation 18: Wendalyn
    Traits: Creative, Loner, Maker (Swapped Loner and Maker instead of Goofball and Outgoing)
    Career: Register with Ministry of Labor / Apothecary (Added, none in original)
    Skills: Alchemy, Gardening, Herbalism, Candle Making (Added, none in original)
    Collections: Potions, Magic Beans, Magical Artifacts (Added Magic Beans & Magical Artifacts)
    Special / Optional: Be a Spellcaster / Own a Metaphysical Shop / Grow the Mystical Magical Bean Portal Tree

Generation 19: Leaf
    Collections: Decorative Eggs (Added, none in the original)

Generation 20: Lyndsay
    Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Active, Outgoing (Swapped Active and Outgoing instead of Goofball and Clumsy)
    Career: Register with Ministry of Labor / Archaeologist (Changed, no Freelance Explorer / Archaeologist Career)
    Special / Optional: Own a Museum with a Souvenir Shop (to show off the family collections)

Generation 21: Trevor Verily
    Skills: Acting, Charisma (Added Charisma)

I am not good with creating stories and getting pics from the game to go along with them. However, I am going to give it a try. I will post a new thread with the goings on with my challenge if anyone is interested. I think this post is long enough.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to read the entire thing. Hope you like my changes.

Aurora
  • Options
    @AuroraBoreallis I think you made some amazing changes!! I really enjoyed reading it! And I look forward to seeing pictures of your gameplay, some of the changes you made are really cool! My favorites are making TOBOR a servo and switching Violet and Poppy generation because you are right Violet is her older sister so it kinda makes more sense!! I really look forward to following your gameplay!

The next time I edit my main post I might add some changes! I hope that's alright :)
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    3cyI.gif
  • Options
    AuroraBoreallisAuroraBoreallis Posts: 108 Member
    edited July 2020
    Alexis

I am so glad you like the changes I made. By all means go ahead and use any of them you like. I know it looks like I changed a lot but I really didn't. I only changed 3 careers hehe.

The reason I changed Yuki's career to Freelancer / Fashion Photographer is this. In her description it says "Her relationship with faces is as complex and mysterious as Yuki herself." So it just seemed like a Painter / Photographer would be better suited to her personality.

I made Jenny an Alien because well let's be honest. When we think of Aliens and watch movies about Aliens they usually are of higher intelligence. So techie stuff seemed suited for an Alien.

Also, with my changes by the end all the collections so far in the game are covered.

Anyway, glad you liked the changes. I am having so much fun with it. I am really loving that my Servo got abducted and came back pregnant and gave birth to a baby alien. LOL ... Oh also, after creating my Servo I went into CAS and changed the relationship between Dr. F and Tobar ... Since they couldn't be parent / child I made them siblings so that the family tree would show both.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Hey everyone! I hope you are all doing well! Incoming another long message haha!
    Today I'm gonna update some of the generations a bit, cause as I play through more different jobs/aspirations/traits make more sense. The one I'm going to change the most today will probably be Violet. I know a lot of people don't play with occults but I want her generation to be focused on vampires, as it just seems to fit her more, in my opinion. I know that the Goth Boy generation is also vampire focused, but for Violet, I wanted to focus on the other two aspirations like vampire family and good vampire. But like I said I know not a lot of people play with occults so I'm going to "change" it in a sense that its a choice of whether you want her generation to be vampire based, or the regular one.

Also, I don't know if I mentioned it but I switched Violet's and Poppy's generation. It just made more sense, I know their description says they are siblings but I feel like it would be weird to combine the two so I just made Violet come first. Thank you @AuroraBoreallis for the ideas haha! The changes that you made to the generations and what not inspired me and I'm really glad to see other perspectives it makes me so happy!!

In regards to adding other/optional generations. I was looking at what careers aren't in this challenge. As not only is this challenge based on the MySims, I also really like the thought of it being an achievement/collecting everything/yada-yada kind of challenge. So the main careers that aren't included so far are:
    Business
    Civil Designer
    Critic
    Detective **added Officer Ginny
    Education **added Professor Nova
    Engineer **added Alexa Lexington
    Law
    Military
    Painter
    Politician
    Style Influencer **added Ms. Nicole Vogue

So I might go in and add careers to generations that fit (please help if you have any ideas! haha!), but I'm also gonna be adding more extra/optional generations based on MySims that aren't trophies. For example, for the education career, I found the MySim Professor Nova. She is a space lover who also teaches at a university. Another example would be the MySim Officer Ginny, she could match with the detective career! So I'll just be adding those today and what not let me know if you guys have any critiques or ideas! I'm always open to hearing your thoughts, its very helpful!! I hope everyone is staying safe and doing well!

Best,
    Lex

Post edited by alexis3142 on
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    3cyI.gif
  • Options
    I'm still in Gen 1 because I'm currently trying to move so I haven't really been playing. busy packing and cleaning and stuff so hopefully I can put in some input once I actually get a chance to play more and have more time to look over everything.
  • Options
    I'm currently at generation 3 and I enjoy this challenge so much. I did change my Generation 3 a little bit:

- Young Adult career: Student
    - Adult career: Writer (author branch) - is still the same

So basically the Sim of generation 3 enrolls Uni, but not just some degree. I added these goals:

- Get accepted into the Language & Literature Distinguished Degree
    - Graduate with a Language & Literature Distinguished Degree

So far so good. It's definitely not easy, but I'm enjoying the change for sure. I'm thinking about enrolling more generations into university, but I'm not sure which ones. Maybe the generations that have no collections to complete and generations that have an adult-job with a matching distinguished degree.

I'm also keeping track of your changes while playing the challenge, because some of them really make it more fun (like Violet's generation being vampire-focussed. I've also been thinking about that so I'm so glad that you're making that change!!).
  • Options
    storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    @alexis3142 You're amazing! I love that you are still adding and editing and putting so much love and energy into this challenge. I am on the cusp of the Violet gen (I did Poppy first) and my heir is a teen so I will definitely wait to pick them back up until you've finished updating that generation! I'm excited to see what you do.

Honestly for the careers that are not included but that I do want to play, I just make the spouse take up that line of work lol. But there have been a couple times that if I've maxed out a career, I'll change it to something different but maybe similar so it's a believable career switch :)
  • Options
    Shadami wrote: »
    I'm still in Gen 1 because I'm currently trying to move so I haven't really been playing. busy packing and cleaning and stuff so hopefully I can put in some input once I actually get a chance to play more and have more time to look over everything.

Oh, no worries @Shadami I hope your move goes well, and I hope you are doing well yourself, I look forward to hearing your input, life comes first!! So no worries <3
    storyy wrote: »
    @alexis3142 You're amazing! I love that you are still adding and editing and putting so much love and energy into this challenge. I am on the cusp of the Violet gen (I did Poppy first) and my heir is a teen so I will definitely wait to pick them back up until you've finished updating that generation! I'm excited to see what you do.

Honestly for the careers that are not included but that I do want to play, I just make the spouse take up that line of work lol. But there have been a couple times that if I've maxed out a career, I'll change it to something different but maybe similar so it's a believable career switch :)

Aw, thank you so much that's so sweet!! <3 I love playing this challenge, and I love hearing about you guys playing so it motivates me to keep it updated haha! I'm currently making updates to everything changing the post and the doc at the same time is a bit difficult xD I usually do the same regarding extra careers I just have to spouse start it! Although for me sometimes they don't reach the top of the career or I'm not focused on them as much as that current-gen haha oops! I also often find my sims get married in their early adult life state because I'm so obsessed with them getting to the top of their careers xD

Overall,
    Along with updating some generations, I've also added some extras! That way we have SO MANY OPTIONS hehe and honestly some of the characters are so cute I really wanted to add them! These are the ones I added:
    Detective **added Officer Ginny
    Education **added Professor Nova
    Engineer **added Alexa Lexington
    Style Influencer **added Ms. Nicole Vogue

Hi My Name is Lex!
    3cyI.gif
  • Options
    I'm currently at generation 3 and I enjoy this challenge so much. I did change my Generation 3 a little bit:

So basically the Sim of generation 3 enrolls Uni, but not just some degree. I added these goals:

So far so good. It's definitely not easy, but I'm enjoying the change for sure. I'm thinking about enrolling more generations into university, but I'm not sure which ones. Maybe the generations that have no collections to complete and generations that have an adult-job with a matching distinguished degree.

I'm also keeping track of your changes while playing the challenge, because some of them really make it more fun (like Violet's generation being vampire-focussed. I've also been thinking about that so I'm so glad that you're making that change!!).

I just saw this!
    I think that's a really good idea! I actually did the same for gen 3, my sim went to Uni for Language and Literature!! I never really thought about it but what I could do is look at some of the generations for careers that might need degrees (or don't have many skills/collections) and have them go to University as an option that's a really great idea!
    I'm glad you like the Violet generation!! I also really wanted it to focus around vampires, this morning I was about to play but then I was like ehhhhhh lets do some changes, and here we are now 4-5 hours later lmao.
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    3cyI.gif
  • Options
    alexis3142 wrote: »

I just saw this!
    I think that's a really good idea! I actually did the same for gen 3, my sim went to Uni for Language and Literature!! I never really thought about it but what I could do is look at some of the generations for careers that might need degrees (or don't have many skills/collections) and have them go to University as an option that's a really great idea!
    I'm glad you like the Violet generation!! I also really wanted it to focus around vampires, this morning I was about to play but then I was like ehhhhhh lets do some changes, and here we are now 4-5 hours later lmao.

I would LOVE that! <3 I'm not really looking into it now because I start watching at the goals if the next generation comes closer (so now I'm looking at generation 4 but I think that generation is just fine, so I don't think I'm going to change anything about that one), but if I bump into something sometimes, I'll definitely let you know!

I was actually so sad that the first vampire-focused generation was generation 14, so I'm glad that it's now generation 6!

Hahahahah yeah, once you begin to change, there's no end to it xD

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top