Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Utter Clutter - A Wishlist

I love using clutter in my builds to provide a more realistic lived-on look and I know a lot of other simmers do too, but there are sometimes, I feel like there are some things I'm really missing. Therefore, I made a list of some things I would like to see. What would everyone else like to see?
  • dumbells - small and large
  • piles of pizza boxes and takeout boxes - great for messy houses or young adults living together
  • guitar amps
  • surf boards
  • handbags
  • jewellery boxes
  • hairbrushes, combs, hair products for male and female
  • stray shoes on the floor
  • makeup items with a few different colours (debug doesn't have an eyeshadow palette)
  • another set of folded clothes similar to the "Lucky Man Folded Laundry" set or just add more colourways
  • piles of magazines - not just the single spa one, but a variety of types (being able to interact with them would be a bonus)
  • mops and vacuum cleaners (not that I want to do those in-game, but it looks good for realistic builds, at the very least mops because they already use those when cleaning messes)
  • hourglass
  • more colourways of the coat stand, maybe another coat stand more filled up
  • shoe boxes on their own that can be piled up, suitcases (like stand up ones that you pull along)
  • boiler - for basements
  • mug tree - currently there's only one
  • toasters and sandwhich makers, maybe even juicers and spiralizers (that no one ever uses :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)
  • bean bags
  • more soap pump bottles - I like the existing one, but would like more styles and colours becuase it's all I can use in both my bathrooms and kitchens; there's literally nothing else except to use except the dish soap from spa day, which is nice, but it gets repetitive

Adding more coloursways to existing clutter, because some items have too few, even as low as two. Oh that was more than a few. Sorry for making your eyes hurt, I tried to break it up a little. Finally, I created the hashtag #utterclutter so those who want can find builds full of clutter.

What do you all think?

Comments

• Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Yes!
    I would add more kids room decor, toy objects that neat sims won’t always put away. A variety of items for the kitchen, fake food, cookie jars, canisters etc. Maybe ceramic animals (birds, unicorns, dolphins?), and decorative boxes.. anything really, it’s strange to have such empty looking homes.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Well today I was looking for:

Magazine spreads, and piles.
    Bird sculptures .. ceramic is fine not to big. I could only find the dog and cat ones. I know there are some others but roosters ect seem to belong more in the kitchen to me.
    Wrought Iron do-dads and knick-knacks.
    Small potted plants.. bit more variety.
    I'd like stuff that looks like water heaters or airconditioners.
    More variety in single picture frames.

It's funny how I only miss this stuff though when I'm trying to replicate a house on a tv show or something.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I love clutter too and agree with all the suggestions above. We do have a lot now, especially if you use the debug cheat, but can never have enough in my opinion. Plus, as mentioned above, of the items already in the game, it would be nice if we could at least get more colors for them. I would dearly LOVE an empty shelving unit with tons of slots to fill up too, something like an empty bookcase would be perfect! I know we can use MOO for that and I do use it, but quite a few Simmers don't like to use MOO.

Anyway, here are some additional clutter objects I would love to see in the game:

1. Throw pillows - for couches, chairs, beds or just to put on the floor. I know Toddler stuff came with one, but I'm talking about individual pillows just for decoration.

2. More small standing picture frames - we have I think 3-4 now but the images are static, no additional options. If we could put Sims pics in them too, that would be a bonus.

3. Individual Candles - there are a few, but most are in clusters. I'd love some long tapered ones or perhaps just separate the ones we already have so we can use just one or put them together in our own configurations.

4. Tea Kettle - for the counter, shelves or even a back burner of the stoves. Sims only use one burner anyway, the back burners are never used. Yes, we have a teapot now, but I'm talking about the old-fashioned kind, not electric.

5. Key/Bill Rack - I have one of these with three slots for bills/Important mail and hooks underneath for car/house keys.

6. Refrigerator Magnets/Art - Parenthood has a place to put notes/artwork on their curfew clock thing already, but it would be fun to have some cute magnets to put on the refrigerator or to display kids artwork they create, report cards, etc.

7. Food Pantry objects - canned goods, boxed goods, stackable Rubbermaid type containers of pasta, rice, etc., hanging baskets of onions, potatoes, etc.

8. Wall light switches, electrical plug-ins, power/surge protector bars - purely decorative of course.

9. More clocks - the ones we have are nice, but we need more variety. Especially shelf clocks. An old-fashioned alarm clock with the big bells would be fun, like we had in TS2. Could've been TS1?

10. Pool objects/toys - snorkels, flippers, beach balls, child's plastic sand bucket/shovel, goggles, floating blow-up mattresses, maybe a pegged rack of beach towels, etc.

11. Fishing poles, tackle box, fishing net, waders, bait bucket, display box of fancy lures

12. Round Ceramic Garden hose keeper, outside wall water spigot, empty wheelbarrel, shovel, rakes, hoe, garden gloves

Okay, I'm going to stop right there before this turns into a novel. lol Honestly, I could go on and on all day/night with clutter items I'd like to see in the game. :)

One last thing though, I think it would be great if a lot of the objects we already have could be broken apart into individual items like they did with the Jungle Adventure plants. For instance the Laundry Day plants with the basket of pine cones or that one object that has a plant, books and small tea pot. There's quite a few objects in clusters that would make my day if they were separated. Sure, they look good together, but sometimes it's just too big or I'd like to use just one thing in the cluster. Just a thought... Happy Simming! <3
  • Options
    AisurandoAisurando Posts: 20 Member
    Could always just download cc?
  • Options
    astera00astera00 Posts: 267 Member
    Aisurando wrote: »
    Could always just download cc?

I think there's always cc for almost anything you could care to think of, there are a lot of talented, creative creators out there. However, some people like to play vanilla, for various reasons. Besides, this thread wasn't a complaint against the game, I hope it didn't come across that way just an appreciation of cluttered, lived-in builds and curiosity of what others would like to see. There's an old thread where everyone posted their screenshots of lived-in builds and it was great.

I love the stuff we already have and would like to see more (I am more of a creator - building and CAS - than a live player), especially since I have most of those things on Freeplay I know, different teams. In fact, that's where I got most of the ideas from. Actually, my biggest complaint is not that we don't have this stuff, but the lack of colour options for things we do have.

Anyway, it's fun seeing others' ideas and I'm sure the developers like to know player's thoughts to improve the game too :relaxed: