Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simple (and dumb) question re: Sims 2...

ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
I've been sitting on S2 Ultimate for literally years. I've decided to play it again; particularly since I'm starting to believe S4 will be toast and no S5. I always loved S2 anyway. Well....I've forgotten one very simple thing...and my memory's been corrupted by playing S4 since 2014 :s How does one change the direction of furniture or really anything? I built a really nice cottage in a new neighborhood...but when I started placing the kitchen cabinets and came up to a corner...ugh. How does one swirl around items to place them? I think I tried about every combination of mouse and key clicks I could come up with ! :s
That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited May 2018
    Hi :)

Well, there are two ways I know...
    1. after placing, grab it again and drag it to face the direction you want while holding the *left mouse button.
    2. after placing, grab it and use the arrows <> to turn it.

boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation [true/false]

http://www.snootysims.com/thesims2index.php?id=cheats
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2018
    TS2 doesn't have corner pieces like TS4. To create a corner piece on the left side of your screen, (if corner of room is on your left as an example) face a counter outward to your right. Then the next facing you. (On opposite wall) You do this by using the comma and period buttons on your keyboard < and > to turn. Then the game auto makes connected corners. You have to hold the counter with your mouse while using < or >
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.