Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which laptops play The Sims 4 in 2018?

Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,089 Member
edited April 2018 in PC - Technical Discussions
I bought my current laptop in 2014 and recently my laptop has been shutting down while playing the sims 4. It never happened in the early days so this problem is relatively new. The laptop does appear to be over heating more lately while running any games so i was thinking it was time to move all my games to a newer machine especially for games.

Even SimCity 2013 managed to shut my laptop down on Sunday so it seems like an over heating issue.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,597 Member
    Hello
    Make sure that your graphics drivers are uptodate.
    Using a cooling pad can help.
    If you would like help and suggestions on buying a new laptop, it would be best to post here your budget and the country where you live. Simmers will help you to find a laptop that will be able to run the game as well as the add on packs,
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Are you looking for a new laptop or do you want someone in tech to look at your computer specs as to why you may be overheating.

If you want someone to look at your computer specs please post your dxdiag. To gather a dxdiag, windows key + r key. This will open the run box in the lower left hand corner of your computer. in the run box type DxDiag, hit ok , let it loadand choose to save the text file. The DxDiag text file will go to documents folder.
    Sign up for a pastebin account https://pastebin.com . upload the DxDiag text file to pastebin and then post the pastebin link here with your Dxdiag

if your looking for a new computer, please post your budget and country thanks
  • Options
    I was looking at this today, has anyone played the game on this?

http://www.inside-tech.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=75&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIu5vE077d2gIVjrvtCh2y5wrPEAQYASABEgIxevD_BwE

It's in pounds as i'm from the UK.
  • Options
    The link states product not found. Just a guess if your looking at mini pc like console type Pc I would not advise it. You may have issues with heat and other things. You need good cooling while gaming. Either buy a proper gaming laptop or tower desktop. If you post your budget, someone can help you find a computer. 800 pounds and up is about average for a gaming laptop or a gaming desktop tower with monitor , keyboard and mouse that meets requirements to run this game
  • Options
    Elle_95Elle_95 Posts: 3 New Member
    I am also looking for a new laptop that will support The Sims 4, I don’t have a massive budget so can’t afford a gaming laptop or pc,would the Acer Aspire 3, 4GB 500GB be ok?
    Thanks
  • Options
    Elle_95 wrote: »
    I am also looking for a new laptop that will support The Sims 4, I don’t have a massive budget so can’t afford a gaming laptop or pc,would the Acer Aspire 3, 4GB 500GB be ok?
    Thanks

This laptop is way below requirements for the game.
  • Options
    Elle_95Elle_95 Posts: 3 New Member
    what sort of thing do I need to be looking for please? I’m preferably looking for a laptop but would also be happy with an all in one pc.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Elle_95 wrote: »
    what sort of thing do I need to be looking for please? I’m preferably looking for a laptop but would also be happy with an all in one pc.

All in ones are not for gaming and weaker than laptops. they are made for general use .They also have no cooling for gaming.

YOUR LOOKING AT A BUDGET OF $800 and up for a laptop that meets requirements to run this game. Prices vary in other countries.

If looking for a laptop you need specs below

Video card : Nvidia GTX 1050, 1050 ti or 1060

Processor: intel i5 r i7 quad core . The processor series number will end in HQ or MQ

You need at least 500 gb hard drive space or more

8gb computer ram

windows 64 bit
  • Options
    Brd709 wrote: »

It meets requirements. You would have to install the game on the second 1 tb hard drive which is not hard to do. Your main drive C only has 128 gb ssd which is for booting windows and other programs quicker but it's too small to game on. If you buy this laptop, when you get it You can ask forum users rosemow and Dekay to help you with custom installing the game and setting up your laptop to play the game
  • Options
    I’ll keep looking around. Thanks for all the suggestions so far. It’s definately time to have a new machine just for gaming. I just loaded up Sim City and it shut down my system again. I did get this machine in 2013 and it met minimum requirements back then.
  • Options
    @brd709 Be careful when looking for laptops in the 800 pound range.. Allot meet requirements but may have a small hard drive of 256 gb. Do not buy a laptop with only 256gb hard drive space or you will run into issues. look for a laptop with one 1tb hard drive if you don't want to custom install the game on a laptop that has two hard drives.
  • Options
    tareetaree Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi everyone,
    Sorry to add to another thread but I'm not able to make my own threads yet. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on buying a new laptop that could run Cats and Dogs? I'm in Canada and my budget is around $800/900, but could probably manage around $1000. I'm really lost when it comes to computer requirements, and couldn't tell what met the requirements for this pack.

Does anyone know if either of these would run that expansion pack? I guess I can't post links right now, but I was looking at an acer aspire e15 on amazon (e5-576g-5762). It says it has 8th gen intel core i5-8250U, nividia geforce mx150, 8gb ram, 256gb ssd. It says it has 1.6ghz, but it also says it has up to 3.4ghz?
    There was also a similar Acer Aspire at Walmart (a515-51g-56t5) with intel core i5-8250u, 2gb nividia geforce mx150, 8gb ram, 1tb hard drive, 1.6ghz.

Or does anyone know of any laptops that are able to run this expansion, close to this price range? I know a desktop would be ideal, but for now I have to have a laptop for my program.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    taree wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    Sorry to add to another thread but I'm not able to make my own threads yet. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on buying a new laptop that could run Cats and Dogs? I'm in Canada and my budget is around $800/900, but could probably manage around $1000. I'm really lost when it comes to computer requirements, and couldn't tell what met the requirements for this pack.

Does anyone know if either of these would run that expansion pack? I guess I can't post links right now, but I was looking at an acer aspire e15 on amazon (e5-576g-5762). It says it has 8th gen intel core i5-8250U, nividia geforce mx150, 8gb ram, 256gb ssd. It says it has 1.6ghz, but it also says it has up to 3.4ghz?
    There was also a similar Acer Aspire at Walmart (a515-51g-56t5) with intel core i5-8250u, 2gb nividia geforce mx150, 8gb ram, 1tb hard drive, 1.6ghz.

Or does anyone know of any laptops that are able to run this expansion, close to this price range? I know a desktop would be ideal, but for now I have to have a laptop for my program.

These laptops are not designed for gaming and are below recommended requirements. i have no idea how they would run C & D.

Newegg Canada web has an MSI laptop model GL62M 7RDx-NE1050i5 Item # N82E16834154734 It's a newegg Canada exclusive laptop , it's $929 CAD and meets requirements to run the game