Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA Play - New Sims 4 Experience Speculation

I've been thinking alot about what EA/Maxis is going to announce at EA play. Players are thinking it might be a Seasons expansion pack but when I hear "experience" I don't think about an EP. We already know there is a new mobile title in development and to me that would be a new experience, but we already have a mobile game for The Sims 4, so my other thought is an online mode.

We know The Sims 4 was supposed to be online from the start but was scrapped due to Simcity failing but the engine still supports it, someone is already making a mod so you can play with your friends. The Sims 4 is all about creating new moments for your Sims and with the second EP Get Together which added the group interaction and clubs to me it almost makes sense for The Sims 4 to get an online mode where you can play with your friends.

Many players have voiced their opinion stating they want online for The Sims 4. What do you think? What would you like to have in The Sims 4 if it was online, how would time function?

Comments

• Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    I can’t express enough how much I would love an online mode, and although that mod does look cool, from what I understand you’re limited to a single lot, and every time you enter build mode or write a message it pauses the game, which breaks the syncing between both players and sims bounce all over the place, which breaks immersion for me. But kudos to the mod maker all the same.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I just want a better gallery. Better organized, easier to sort through, etc.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member

Many players have voiced their opinion stating they want online for The Sims 4. What do you think? What would you like to have in The Sims 4 if it was online, how would time function?

And if it was based on the Sims 4 PC/console how would online work if not everyone has the same EP's, SP's etc
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I've been thinking alot about what EA/Maxis is going to announce at EA play. Players are thinking it might be a Seasons expansion pack but when I hear "experience" I don't think about an EP. We already know there is a new mobile title in development and to me that would be a new experience, but we already have a mobile game for The Sims 4, so my other thought is an online mode.

We know The Sims 4 was supposed to be online from the start but was scrapped due to Simcity failing but the engine still supports it, someone is already making a mod so you can play with your friends. The Sims 4 is all about creating new moments for your Sims and with the second EP Get Together which added the group interaction and clubs to me it almost makes sense for The Sims 4 to get an online mode where you can play with your friends.

An Expansion,Game or Stuffpack is a new experience for TS4 cause it includes something we don't have yet eg Seasons,Romantic Pack,Universities,Themeparks etc.

A Big Update to the base game can also mean a new experience eg Cars or Swimmable Oceans.
  • Options
    BingBangBingBongBingBangBingBong Posts: 68 Member
    It seems more likely they would announce a new game pack or stuff pack. They haven’t typically announced new EPs at EA Play, have they?

On the other hand, with hints of a new mobile project in development and the recent shift of staff to the mobile team, it seems like they could be announcing something like a Sims 4 / Sims Mobile merger. I don’t know how that would work logistically, but it’s just a thought. Mobile games normally don’t have the same longevity as PC or console releases so unless they’re planning on churning out new updates and events for TSM to keep it “interesting” or reissuing the game every year like FIFA, I don’t see why they would dump so much time and personnel into a single mobile title unless they were planning something bigger for it. If you take EA France’s tweet at face value, this would definitely count as a new experience.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    The Sims is best as an offline experience. It failed as an online game numerous times, and for good reason.

Agreed. I don't want a new online sims game. I don't mind online features for those that want it but it shouldn't be designed around that option. Because for most simmers it won't work and it won't be the same game anymore.

Question though: has a new mobile game really been confirmed like the OP States???
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited April 2018

Actually the reverse is true. I have seen more players wanting a more traditional game but with improved features like the color wheel, open world and cars.
    Playing online has it's limitations. That's why Sims 4 scrapped most of the awesome features from Sims 3
    As to the time question: They easiest and most probable way would be to make it like Sims Mobile where there is no time at all.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    Me personally I want Open World back I loved that .I also would love for a Season back or something like Island Paradise I loved that ep
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    RnM92RnM92 Posts: 222 Member
    At this point I think it could well be a lootbox/microtransaction system, likely based on the one in the mobile game.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2018
    RnM92 wrote: »
    At this point I think it could well be a lootbox/microtransaction system, likely based on the one in the mobile game.

That would not be a new experience - we actually had grab bag loot boxes in Sims 3 store. You never knew what would be in them but it lured you in with the fact there was always some set or premium item possible in any grab bag goodie boxes. It said you wouldn't get duplicates but you did - all the time. I was gullible and bought a few - so I know I got many duplicates - so did others - so they eventually pulled them out of the store.

https://www.thesims3.com/gettingstarted/goodiebox

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

That would not be a new experience - we actually had grab bag loot boxes in Sims 3 store. You never knew what would be in them but it lured you in with the fact there was always some set or premium item possible in any grab bag goodie boxes. It said you wouldn't get duplicates but you did - all the time. I was gullible and bought a few - so I know I got many duplicates - so did others - so they eventually pulled them out of the store.

Remember it said "next Sims 4 experiences"
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    MrMonty96 wrote: »

I still think they mean the console and mobile versions - and maybe a stuff pack as there is usually a new stuff pack right around EA Play/E3. Last year I laughed when they made a big deal out that new Sims 4 experience - The Fitness stuff pack. Which was not new to the sims - we had all that stuff before and fitness was not even new to Sims 4 seeing we already had exercise equipment in the game, but the rock wall. So maybe we really need to take that statement with a grain of salt.

The way things get defined around here - wouldn't surprise me if the new Sims 4 experience was ending the Sim pc period, just so they have a gotcha moment - when in truth all they are doing is freaking people out . EA needs to man up and just come out with what they are doing - and get it over. The game might be designed for young teens - but they need to face facts the majority of Simmers have not seen 12 in a very long time. Secrecy does one thing - it causes stress when the one with the secret already has an established reputation for closing down studios....

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    I would like a online mode however there is a lot of people who dislike the idea of going online, what they might show us is Sims 4 what coming next and more Sims mobile that my guess for now.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »

I still think they mean the console and mobile versions - and maybe a stuff pack as there is usually a new stuff pack right around EA Play/E3. Last year I laughed when they made a big deal out that new Sims 4 experience - The Fitness stuff pack. Which was not new to the sims - we had all that stuff before and fitness was not even new to Sims 4 seeing we already had exercise equipment in the game, but the rock wall. So maybe we really need to take that statement with a grain of salt.

The way things get defined around here - wouldn't surprise me if the new Sims 4 experience was ending the Sim pc period, just so they have a gotcha moment - when in truth all they are doing is freaking people out . EA needs to man up and just come out with what they are doing - and get it over. The game might be designed for young teens - but they need to face facts the majority of Simmers have not seen 12 in a very long time. Secrecy does one thing - it causes stress when the one with the secret already has an established reputation for closing down studios....

This. ^
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I'll be happy if it ends up being a new expansion or game pack. I agree the gallery needs an overhaul. Defiantly do not want multi-player feature or loot boxes.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Kartai wrote: »
    I would like a online mode however there is a lot of people who dislike the idea of going online, what they might show us is Sims 4 what coming next and more Sims mobile that my guess for now.

Been there - done that and in the words of GRUMPY CAT - "It was awful".

I assume the off and on 6 years it came and went 4 different times - you never tried it. It started off buying the online disk 12.99 - and paying 9.99 a month to be connected to the game you already paid for - and made it's way to downloading from EA for free, no monthly charge - and still could not attract any players -. Where were you all then that want it so bad now, back then? Also online is nothing like the game we play - believe me - as I said - been there 4 times, done that - and it was awful - also no CC, no mods and keep your credit card handy... oh and don't expect to see anyone you know - even if they are just across the street - they tend to like to deposit you on other servers than your friends - all the time - that's sims online.

For some odd reason - they could not make an online mode of the actual game - as much of what we do does not work on an online version, so it has to be separate games apparently. Considering Will Wright made the sims - he also made Sims online (the first version anyway) it was still awful.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I have absolutely zero interest in playing online with this game or any other game to be honest. After reading about layoffs and transfers to the mobile staffing, I'm getting a really bad feeling about all of it.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I have absolutely zero interest in playing online with this game or any other game to be honest. After reading about layoffs and transfers to the mobile staffing, I'm getting a really bad feeling about all of it.

Same here. The layoffs and transfers don't give me much hope for the future of the PC version of the Sims.
  • Options
    MelodyElodieMelodyElodie Posts: 107 Member
    edited April 2018
    Same plus I don't see how the game really works online to be quite honest. "Oh let's go and see each other's worlds". I don't get how the mechanics would work and it would just feel weird. Sims 4 is supposed to be you ruling over your world. Be kinda odd having a joint experience. Like, the only game that I can say has done this successfully in its genre was probably Animal Crossing but even then, that online feature has always been very limited.
    Sig.png

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Same plus I don't see how the game really works online to be quite honest. "Oh let's go and see each other's worlds". I don't get how the mechanics would work and it would just feel weird. Sims 4 is supposed to be you ruling over your world. Be kinda odd having a joint experience. Like, the only game that I can say has done this successfully in its genre was probably Animal Crossing but even then, that online feature has always been very limited.

It's doesn't work as I said - we have had 4 versions of Sims online - in fact it is nothing like our game. There is no cheats, no cc, no mods - no buys any packs - but paying cash for every piece of furniture or earning it or clothing. No creativity - 1 house 1 pre-made sims and hopefully in time you can earn up to 4 more sims. All sims were adults - no kids. no marriages, just tons of skilling to earn things and levels and experience. You could talk to other sims with your sim and skill together in a central skilling area, It is very boring and stressful game and as I said nothing like we have.

EA provides the world and we can not change anything about it - houses - you got one small base house that took every dime of your base credit. Look up some of the You tubes from the various Sims online and see for yourself - they tried 3 versions of Sims online and finally a 4th version called EA land - that one did not even last 6 weeks and ea pulled it. Funny that was the only one that was free to download (the original version was 12.99), didn't have monthly 10 dollar charge to be on line, and they even claimed simmers could use EA approved cc - which never happened either really - it could only be decor anyway from what I heard was all got approved.

Nobody of regular players anyway liked it - the highest number of people they got to play was 2000 people around the world which did not pay for itself - so they kept taking it down.

They cannot make the game we play - play online though - so it has to be the one ea world for everybody - no packs, and dlc was limited to what you could use in your house. Visiting sims never came in the house - they would talk either out on the sidewalk or in different buildings that were in the game as gathering places for our sims to skill at - and there was no cheats to skill faster - and it was way slower than in our games at normal speed.

The most annoying thing of all is once a player signed in - if they left the game - the sim stayed there - like a statue - not moving - not doing anything - was a real pain when people left the game and didn't go back to their home - you got stuck with all these sims just standing around being road blocks.

Anyway after 6 years of trying EA finally dismantled everything when EA land even with no charge for the game and no subscription charge couldn't even draw in the 600 players after 5 weeks..... I mean it was the 4th time launching that game and even the first one was made by Will Wright and Simmers hated all 4 - except for a small handful.

This is one of the central areas where your sims could skill and talk.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_eye/2015/02/18/the_sims_online_ea_land_what_happens_when_an_online_game_goes_dark_on_99.html

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    More_MooreMore_Moore Posts: 408 Member
    I would love an online Sims game. I'm a very social creature though. XD To be able to play Sims with my besties would be amazing and if they made exploreable places like they do in Jungle Adventure so I can explore with my friends? Unmatched! It'd remind me of the days I used to play that online game Uru or something. ^ u^

They'd have to make it mechanically work, though. I would probably ditch it if it were clunky, but it can work if they think it through.
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

Feel free to chat me (I like games/RPGs, game dev, and animu/anime)
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I actually want an entirely OFFLINE experience, like not even requiring I log into origin what-so-ever. That would be my perfect sims experience. When I play video games on any platform, I never want an online feature. Maybe that is old school, but I do not play to join others unless they are directly visiting in person at my home.

Soooo, like real life then? Jk, I kid, I kid.
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    IDK, I feel Sims is something personal, I wouldn't want it to be online ever. Other games maybe.. but Sims, no. Like someone stated, it already failed as an online game, and for good reason too.