Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cody's Spirit Is Fading Away ....

February11February11 Posts: 12,656 Member
... go and visit his resting place to keep him in this world - or words to that effect.
Is this a new interaction, as I've not had it before?
MLgj4Vx.png

Comments

• Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    It was implemented in a patch some time ago. Basically, you click that interaction on Cody's tombstone if you want his ghost to remain in the world. Otherwise, he'll disappear (though his portrait might remain if he's part of a family tree; I can't remember because I have MCCC set to not cull ghosts).
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    It was implemented in a patch some time ago. Basically, you click that interaction on Cody's tombstone if you want his ghost to remain in the world. Otherwise, he'll disappear (though his portrait might remain if he's part of a family tree; I can't remember because I have MCCC set to not cull ghosts).

Okay, so I sent a family member to the graveyard and did all that, but today, I was inundated with multiple townie Sims fading away, and a few of my own, as in multiple notifications of the same Sim.
    In fact it's strange that it only started happening today since I play for a couple of hours three days a week. Maybe the time was just right. As usual with this game, who knows.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited April 2018
    February11 wrote: »

Okay, so I sent a family member to the graveyard and did all that, but today, I was inundated with multiple townie Sims fading away, and a few of my own, as in multiple notifications of the same Sim.
    In fact it's strange that it only started happening today since I play for a couple of hours three days a week. Maybe the time was just right. As usual with this game, who knows.

Basically, a majority of the npc will all die at the same time. This is especially true with all the initial premades. One of my played files is on generation 6, and those notifications are finally are less often.
  • Options

Basically, a majority of the npc will all die at the same time. This is especially true with all the initial premades. One of my played files is on generation 6, and those notifications are finally are less often.

Yes, I'm on my sixth generation too. It was only for the husband and wife of the third generation that came up yesterday.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member

Oh, I get multiple notifications for one sim all the time. It's gotta be a bug.

Huh. It's interesting that you only just started getting notifications. I just went on a hunt to see when it was added and it seems like it happened November last year. Here's a thread I found on it: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928573/s-spirit-is-fading-away-message-what-is-this/p1
  • Options

Oh, I get multiple notifications for one sim all the time. It's gotta be a bug.

Huh. It's interesting that you only just started getting notifications. I just went on a hunt to see when it was added and it seems like it happened November last year. Here's a thread I found on it: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928573/s-spirit-is-fading-away-message-what-is-this/p1

:o November! That's crazy. As I said, I play three days a week for a good four hours a-time on those days and yesterday was the first time it cropped up, and the multiple notifications have to be a bug. I just wonder why I only have it now. Reading that link it's been going on, like you say, since November. This game never ceases to amaze me with one person having a series of problems that no one else has, then this that and another occurring at odd times with other people.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    It is something that came with Cats and Dogs patch in November.
    It introduced the new culling system with increased sim limit, ability to protect sims (the limit of sims you can protect can be changed) and new ghost culling system. Also, with this, sims who get deleted won't be erased from the family tree anymore.
    The ghost culling system is like this: After the sim dies, they have 90 days until they get deleted. The timer can be resetted by clicking on their gravestone and choosing to strenghten the connection. Releasing them to the netherworld will now delete them early (and you really won't be seeing them again). By adding them to the household, the timer will stop, but ghost can once again choose to go to the netherworld and get deleted. If a NPC sim who's living in a house dies, you can find their grave somewhere in their home. Once the ghost gets culled, they'll be removed from the relationship panel and their grave can be deleted. However, they will stay in the family tree.
  • Options
    Right, I'm aware of the best part of that. I remember the patch where we could limit/alter the amount of Sims per world, but the ghost part must have gone in one ear and out the other. I do have a graveyard for my departed Sims, and will now make sure once a week I get a family member to go by and visit them, they have been severely neglected although I have created a nice resting place for them :)
    MLgj4Vx.png