Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Those Actively Playing The Sims 4

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    edited April 2018
    8/10
    Vriyaya wrote: »
    I'm surprised that theres people for whom the game is their most played, and would give it less than a 5. Why would ya torture yourself like that? lol

Something I was wondering also. Especially the ones who voted it a 1 or 2. Maybe it's the only version they have access to and for them a mediocre sims game is better than no sims game at all.
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    Brii2215Brii2215 Posts: 12 New Member
    5/10
    I love the sims but I give it a 5/10. Only because of how many glitches happen daily. How the same people come into your store, restaurant or job. The loading just to go next door. The world that shows many stores and building but you can’t walk in them. The lack of residential lots in city living (waste of money). The color wheel. No pool place. The ugly choices and traits of create a sim. The lack of things to do. The chat choices, I would prefer a hi, how are you, how’s life, how’s family, how’s relationship, how did u sleep, what are you going to do today, what are you up to ect. Basically everyday chats. I love this game and I’m totally addicted but can use lots of improvement.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited April 2018
    6/10
    I selected 8/10 because there are times when I dearly miss being able to coordinate my furnishings and would love to see a return of the color wheel. I'd also like to see the neighborhoods opened up a bit to allow visiting next door neighbors.

I gave 6 out of 10. When my hubby bought me Sims 4 I wanted to wait a little longer and hear more from people who have played Sims 2 and Sims 3 and hear what they liked and didn't like before actually buying it. There are a lot of things we could do in 3 that we cannot do in 4 like customizing clothes. For example, you want Paisley pants. In 3 I could have used my material library I use for 3d modelling projects and apply it to the parts I liked. I could buy individual parts in a package or I could but the whole thing. I miss the colour wheel. I miss oval and round pools. I never felt I had to use mods or custom content in 2 or 3. I play both vanillas still. However, 4 removed instead of improving things, that we all have complained about in the beginning. You lose a trait when creating Sims and the traits aren't as plentiful. If 4 would have progressed instead of going backwards for less content for more money I would have given it a higher number. No vehicles. Not even a bicycle to ride. I miss being able to see the creations people would come up with from different patterns they liked, or from the colour wheel. I miss little details about our sims like their favourite food, music genre etc. I miss terrain tool. I would have loved to have seen more large empty lots to play with.

Now for what I like. I love aspirations in 4 better. I like that I am not forced into an aspiration. Building is a little easier. I like bring able to customize their faces and bodies. I like the welcome wagon when the game chooses to do so. I like that I can travel to other cities/worlds better easily. I like other things too.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    simsunwrittensimsunwritten Posts: 9 New Member
    8/10
    I have TS2, TS3, and TS4 installed, and honestly, TS4 is my preference. Primary reasons being:
    -Graphics ... TS4 is superior in graphics vs. its predecessors
    -Optimization for my Mac. My primary computer is a Mac. I play Sims 2 on my boyfriend's computer, and loading screens are so long. I love TS2 music and whatnot, but I love that I can get into my game much quicker with Sims 4. Sims 3 actually runs better than I expected it would on my MacBook Air; however, the graphics are subpar. Even back when I played Sims 3 actively, I preferred Sims 2 graphics.
    -Look of the Sims. I'm glad they upgraded the Sims 2 sims for The Sims 4. I've always disliked the appearance the Sims 3 sims.
    -I'm really attached to the current family I'm playing. I love them to death and look forward to playing them for at least a few more generations.
  • Options
    Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    10/10
    Sims 4 is my fav game :D
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    Sims 4 is my fav game :D

mine too :)<3
  • Options
    SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    6/10
    My rating would have been higher if the game wasn't the 4th iteration with content missing which were also in the sims 3 base game, mainly objects, traits and aspirations.
  • Options
    0xx_Simmer_xx00xx_Simmer_xx0 Posts: 196 Member
    8/10
    I miss the colour wheels & the SP. I also miss a ton of awesome EPs and small features a lot more than I expected. It has it's imperfections, but it's still developing.

I'm on it 24/7 so overall, it's a brilliant game. :D
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    7/10
    I feel like I don't fit the criteria for this anymore, I haven't really played actively since the Jungle Adventure pack came out - with that being said, I still really enjoy the game.

Even though there is so much missing from the game, something about it just draws me back, and I would definitely pick to play The Sims 4 over The Sims 2 or 3 (or 1). I think it's the love and attention that it seems to be given, even though some recent choices have made me question their passion for this game (*cough* My First Pet Stuff *cough*)
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    9/10
    At this point if people can't see how great TS4 is idk what to say. Here are just a few things I like about this game:

-Fast loading and save times
    -More immersion (dining out, bowling, family time, etc....)
    -Smooth & fluid game engine, way less bugs
    -Easier to get cc in game
    -CAS is just amazing
    -Creating houses is better & easier (I hate creating houses btw)
    -The sims have emotions and personality
    -No more blank stares
    -The nightlife is leaps and bounds better in this game
    -Family play is the best I've seen in a sims game
    -Events are lively (birthdays, weddings, etc...)
    p6tqefj