Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Those Actively Playing The Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    8/10
    I would have given it higher if I had a better computer to play it on. I really love this iteration of the game. Reminds me a lot of Sims 2, and runs pretty well on my laptop. I'd play it more if I didn't have my own toddler to care for
    C0gfE.gif
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    5/10
    I play TS4 a lot. I don't play many videogames and I like many aspects of the game, I usually seem to find new ways of playing and new stuff to build to keep me entertained.
    However, it is only a 5 for me since there is a lack of depth that I just can't ignore. There's not much attention to detail and so much room for improvement!
    The Sims themselves are shallow and have almost no unique personality or memories and there's not much to do if you are not feeling very imaginative (even owning all the published content so far a part from that joke of a Stuff Pack that was My First Pet). Build mode is great but it lacks a terrain tool and feels restrictive. CAS is also a lot of fun to play with but the lack of a colour wheel among other things makes it a little dull sometimes.
    There's a lot missing from the game in my opinion, from technical and specific things to charm and heart. Therefore my score can't be higher.

TS2 was my all time favourite game and the only reason I don't play it anymore is because my computer doesn't allow me.
    I would still also play TS4 even if I had TS2 installed though.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    stepanyastepanya Posts: 20 Member
    9/10
    I love playing the game daily, there's still so much for me to explore. Sometimes it can get repetitive
  • Options
    CatSaarCatSaar Posts: 45 Member
    6/10
    I'm giving it a 6 even tho I love the game and especially the art style, if it wasn't for cc/mods I'd be played out by now and not touch it anymore. It's out of love tho, because looking at the previous sims versions, this game could have had so much more potential and I feel a little bit let down. Some things aren't worked out like they should, going to the store and buying something is just a swipe and you're done with it, takes 1 second to buy something and bowling takes so long to take their turns I feel like I'm just waiting for it to end already. Just some examples of things I don't play because they are annoying to me. I guess I'm a bit strict but I just want the best for my favorite game. <3
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    8/10
    sims 4 is my favorite game
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    5/10
    Brindleton wrote: »
    9/10

People seem to always look at what the game doesn't have, instead of what it does have.

Cuz it doesn't have much lol. Oh and because it is a sequel ;)
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    edited April 2018
    7/10
    I do like the game. It lost 3 points because some things just frustrate me - boring teenagers, useless whims, pets that are getting ignored by my Sims, and obviously bugs (this laundry is already clean, anyone?) and random glitches like Sims standing for an hour before doing something.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    8/10
    Thanks everyone for keeping the discussion civil, the critiques constructive and remaining on topic. :)
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    7/10
    Brindleton wrote: »
    9/10

People seem to always look at what the game doesn't have, instead of what it does have.

Not necessarily, my lower rating was based on hating things that were recently added to the game.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    7/10
    I gave a 7/10 because of (1) lack of content (seasons, university, etc) still, (2) the sheer volume of bugs that modders seem to be able to fix within hours, yet here we are years later, still waiting for a fix, and (3) closed world and (4) no CASt.

But, I do love this game. It has done some things very right and most all of the content that we do have is very good, imo. I just feel like we're still lacking so much this far in and I wouldn't play it at all if I didn't have mods and cc.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    7/10
    I love the game, and have put a ton of hours into it (literally - about 2000 hours :smiley: ) . I gave it 7/10 because I too wish for a bit more depth in the gameplay, most specifically I'd love to see more in the whims and aspirations, as well as a bit more unpredictability and challenge. I feel they are heading in the right direction especially with Jungle Adventures but there is so much more that can be done.
  • Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    8/10
    I really love this game. I'm ridiculously addicted - but it does have it's flaws and I'd like to see a little more complexity in the gameplay.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    edited April 2018
    7/10 sims 4 is definitely the sims game I like best , but it wont be higher until BUILDERS get more stuff for (us) to use in game.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    8/10
    I know that, as an outsider, I am not really permitted to have an opinion on things Sims-related. Still, I rate the game at a solid 8/10. For comparison I would rate my favorite game of all time a 10/10. The Sims would receive a 7/10, The Sims 2 a 9/10 and The Sims 3 a 5/10.

I think it is a great game, and one I enjoy playing. It is not a perfect game. To be fair, my 10/10 isn't perfect either. But that's how I see it. I'll show myself out before there is trouble.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    8/10
    At launch (2014), I probably would've given the game a 4 or 5 rating, but we've definitely seen A LOT of improvement since then! However, it's still lacking some content, but it's certainly worth at least an 8/10.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    5/10
    5/10. I'd rate it higher but well.....I had to mod the living daylights out of this game to make me play it like crazy. Adding careers that were removed from Sims 4, features and of course STORY PROGRESSION! Though I will say, the score HAS been getting higher since the game came out. Fun fact, I actually refunded this game when it first came out on Origin! That means I played it for a whole day before going "Yeah this is bad" and got my money back. Now it's up to a solid 5/10 without mods!
  • Options
    ReisJewelReisJewel Posts: 22 Member
    7/10
    I enjoy it more than Sims 3 but it still misses a lot of stuff. Still, it's the little things that won me over, like how they can eat and have a drink on the side. Also the sims look way better than in Sims 3, it seemed like previously, no matter how much you edited a sim, they would still look the same.
    Origin ID: ReisJewel | My Sims Blog | "Homescapes" Challenge Group: coming soon
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    7/10
    I love the art style of the TS4 Sims above all else but it only gets 7/10 for me so far as it's missing a lot of the gameplay that I loved with the other two iterations (particularly seasons/weather and university) as well as quirky drama and randomness that isn't player-created. I also absolutely loathe and detest the whims system...
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    7/10
    I really enjoy the sims 4 but I also think there is room for improvement. I love the art and syle of the sims and CAST. I have spent hours just making or tweeking sims.

I wish the sims had Story Progression and an Atrraction System, but those are not things I don't actually think they will add.

So for now I just want more content (weather,tropical vactions, university, and jobs) and also more hobbies, I really want a freetime EP.
  • Options
    NezImaniNezImani Posts: 1,016 Member
    8/10
    I gave it a 8/10 because I feel the game could be better for sures.

They need to bring back cars. Also, I feel seasons is also missing key component. I also miss university like features. They need to bring family portraits back too. Hahaha, I feel like I turned this into a vent session lol. :D
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    7/10
    7/10. I just need seasons and then I'll be completely satisfied
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    5/10
    With mods? 7 or 8. Without? Probably 3 or 4. I split the difference with 5.
  • Options
    tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member
    6/10
    It’s missing a lot of content. It has potential to be a solid 8. It’s just not there yet.
  • Options
    thereesespiecethereesespiece Posts: 614 Member
    7/10
    I miss seasons, university, generations. But I think it’s a good game for what it is. If I never played with Sims before I think I would definitely love this version entirely
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    6/10
    It used to be an 8 for me but now I get kinda lazy to even open the game and have to force myself to play it weekly. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif