Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"New Sims Experience" theories

Comments

• Options
    AuronoiChieftainAuronoiChieftain Posts: 362 Member
    This is just speculation, but it could be a HUGE update to Charecter Creation, like the Ability to create Actual Furry Sims, as in They look that way naturally (in other words no costume necessary), basically creating an Anthropomorphic Wolf, or Dinosaur, and be Genetic, or even an Update to the Aliens from GTW, giving you more CAS Genetics (like an extra set of arms or eyes, Different shaped legs, or even adding tails to Aliens).
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @06Bon06 wrote: »
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    I hope it's an Early Access Demo of Seasons.
    Or a free Patch that improves the game like Open World meaning that we can visit our neighbors without loading screen. Between Neighborhoods there will probably still be loading screens.

That's all I want. I mean my loading screen are not even 5 seconds but I would love to have open neighborhoods. I don't care about loading screens between neighborhoods or worlds but it would be nice to walk to your neighbor without a loading screen.

I mean it's insane how huge the open areas have gotten and still we need to load to get to a neighbor, unfortunately I doubt it will change.

Problem with Open Worlds is you have dead community lots meaning hardly any sims show up. Remember TS3 and the Late Night?

Actually sims 3 was fine, for me at least, as long as you didn't have too annoy of the same types of clubs.

Besides that, sims 4 has coding to pull sims to the lot and having an open neighborhood of 5 lots won't make the lots empty in my opinion. For the most part you might have one community lot surrounded by houses, maybe 2 and since sims are already spread into the massive open areas it would just mean the traffic would move between two community lots.

I have so many sims when going anywhere I feel I spare a few XD. But I don't feel it would make a huge difference since most places have more housing. The other thing is time and traits mattered in sims 3 to where sims would gather so I'm sure they could make the pool nearly empty late at night and push sims to go to the club rather than the pool.

Making an Open Neighborhood means they would have to remove the coding for those lots. Hence, why they won’t.

They said when TS3 was out, that any lots that are loaded at once have to function the same. The only thing they could control was what objects Sims were attracted to or whether visitors were allowed or not.

For example, if you’re running a retail store you couldn’t switch between lots because you have all the UI up. You’d have to go out of retail mode and back into residential mode which is why they require a loading screen.

That’s why if you ever play The Sims 3, all the community lots are very light on coding.

Visit a Restaurant in The Sims 2 or Sims 4 and get the full experience. Visit one in The Sims 3, and you get a Chef tied to an object. That’s it.

Retail in TS2 & TS4 has its own coding and UI. Retail in the Sims 3 is coded by rugs because they can’t code the lot to work differently.

So yeah, they couldn’t do Open World/Hood in TS4, without throwing out all the coding behind all of the lots. Which is a huge waste of work for a watered down experience.
  • Options
    princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    sims mobile or sims in console with vr support
    i bet its gonna be something really boring, so dont expect much
  • Options
    They deleted the original tweet and tweeted out "Here's your chance to play our next Sims 4 experience" to make it more clear that they will be showcasing something for TS4 (and not Mobile or TS5). So here's my little bit of speculation:

The fact that they'll be showcasing the "next Sims 4 experience" at EA Play, and the fact that this quarterly teaser is conspicuously absent, I think this could mean one of two possibilities;
    1. There won't be any paid packs this quarter, but there will be a large patch which is big enough to warrant showing off at EA Play (even bigger than toddlers perhaps??)
    2. They are changing up their "one EP per year released around Christmas" formula. We could be seeing a surprise EP this quarter, but the marketing team don't want it to be announced in a quarterly teaser, but with a proper announcement (both CL and Cats and Dogs had already been announced before the quarter they were released in, so the few seconds that they were featured for in the quarterly teasers weren't the first we had heard of them). This EP (if this is indeed what is happening) is the only pack for this quarter, hence no need for a quarterly teaser. It will probably be announced sometime in May, with a release around June, probably just after EA Play, where it will be playable before release.

Of course, it could be Option 3 - there is no notable new content for this quarter, just bug fixes in small monthly patches. But it would be strange to me that they would be hyping up the fact that they'll be showcasing the "next Sims 4 experience" at EA Play if this is the case, so it seems more likely to me that something notable is coming, we'll have to wait and see what it is.

Again, just finishing off with a little disclaimer that this is just pure speculation. We'll see what this quarter brings. :)

I actually think we aren’t getting anything this quarter, but we are getting an announcement of the EP. I think an EP is dropping in July.

That’s why we don’t have a quarterly teaser. Nothing is coming.

It would make sense if they used EA Play to show off the EP and have the release date for July. I think if the release date was June, we’d probably have a huge idea of what the EP was so there’d be no huge point to use EA Play as a platform.
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    My expectations for this event and this game are so low. :D I just want brand new content - not recolours of older items. I don't care if it's a stuff pack or GP or EP. I want to see something that is actually worth my money for once.
  • Options
    princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    zubrowkas wrote: »
    My expectations for this event and this game are so low. :D I just want brand new content - not recolours of older items. I don't care if it's a stuff pack or GP or EP. I want to see something that is actually worth my money for once.

ehh i think ur asking too much of the devs...
    something thats actually worth our money? HA i dont think so buddy
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @06Bon06 wrote: »
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    I hope it's an Early Access Demo of Seasons.
    Or a free Patch that improves the game like Open World meaning that we can visit our neighbors without loading screen. Between Neighborhoods there will probably still be loading screens.

That's all I want. I mean my loading screen are not even 5 seconds but I would love to have open neighborhoods. I don't care about loading screens between neighborhoods or worlds but it would be nice to walk to your neighbor without a loading screen.

I mean it's insane how huge the open areas have gotten and still we need to load to get to a neighbor, unfortunately I doubt it will change.

Problem with Open Worlds is you have dead community lots meaning hardly any sims show up. Remember TS3 and the Late Night?

Actually sims 3 was fine, for me at least, as long as you didn't have too annoy of the same types of clubs.

Besides that, sims 4 has coding to pull sims to the lot and having an open neighborhood of 5 lots won't make the lots empty in my opinion. For the most part you might have one community lot surrounded by houses, maybe 2 and since sims are already spread into the massive open areas it would just mean the traffic would move between two community lots.

I have so many sims when going anywhere I feel I spare a few XD. But I don't feel it would make a huge difference since most places have more housing. The other thing is time and traits mattered in sims 3 to where sims would gather so I'm sure they could make the pool nearly empty late at night and push sims to go to the club rather than the pool.

Making an Open Neighborhood means they would have to remove the coding for those lots. Hence, why they won’t.

They said when TS3 was out, that any lots that are loaded at once have to function the same. The only thing they could control was what objects Sims were attracted to or whether visitors were allowed or not.

For example, if you’re running a retail store you couldn’t switch between lots because you have all the UI up. You’d have to go out of retail mode and back into residential mode which is why they require a loading screen.

That’s why if you ever play The Sims 3, all the community lots are very light on coding.

Visit a Restaurant in The Sims 2 or Sims 4 and get the full experience. Visit one in The Sims 3, and you get a Chef tied to an object. That’s it.

Retail in TS2 & TS4 has its own coding and UI. Retail in the Sims 3 is coded by rugs because they can’t code the lot to work differently.

So yeah, they couldn’t do Open World/Hood in TS4, without throwing out all the coding behind all of the lots. Which is a huge waste of work for a watered down experience.

Ahh that makes sense, I'll say I did love how lots worked in Sims 2 and personally I don't have an issue with 4 either.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    This is just speculation, but it could be a HUGE update to Charecter Creation, like the Ability to create Actual Furry Sims, as in They look that way naturally (in other words no costume necessary), basically creating an Anthropomorphic Wolf, or Dinosaur, and be Genetic, or even an Update to the Aliens from GTW, giving you more CAS Genetics (like an extra set of arms or eyes, Different shaped legs, or even adding tails to Aliens).

That's an EXTREME stretch for The Sims series...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    I think an EP is dropping in July.

July is like the worst month of the year to release an EP. There has never been a Sims EP released in July, ever.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited April 2018
    elelunicy wrote: »

July is like the worst month of the year to release an EP. There has never been a Sims EP released in July, ever.

Time to change history lol

No but I also think Seasons is going to release in the time span from August to November.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    I'm really hoping that its seasons; and if not uni, romance or running a farm.

I suppose 'new experiences' could be literal - not like a retake on seasons but something entirely new. I know grant said at some point he is working on the project has has always wanted to make, which i took to be new to the series.

june seems a bit far :(

• Options
    @elelunicy wrote: »

Island Paradise was launched right at the end of June. And it performed really well on the PC charts.

Spa Day was also released in July and I remember that flew to the top of Origin for a few weeks (I was shocked because I found it boring).

I don’t understand how July could be a bad month, considering it’s right in the middle of Summer Holidays where teens are buying stuff to keep them busy. And elsewhere it’s smack bang in the middle of Winter and no one wants to go outside lmao.

Also, The Sims 3 sold its biggest month in July 2009 ;)
    (To be fair I think TS3 would have sold the same no matter when it was released but it still shows sales don’t perform badly in July).
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    I'm really hoping that the EP is on Amusement Parks. If it comes out in June Seasons could still come out in the Fall during the Holiday Season.
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    agustd wrote: »
    It's a Switch port or VR Sims thing.

EA likes jumping on quickly fading out trends (VR) and Switch is so popular now it wouldn't be smart of them not to release TS4 for this console.

I highly doubt it'll be a content related announcement.

I also think it's some VR Sims thing
    So EA ignores the majority of the community who are dying for seasons but go for the less 10% of people who wants Sims on VR Bcus it's the trend..
    Makes sense

Lets not get crazy and act like it's a done deal. We have NO IDEA what it means.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    > @Loanet said:
    > It sounds like they're plugging Sims Mobile.
    >
    > Or by 'new experience' it could mean that they're adding some serious patches to the game. After all, Toddlers came almost out of nowhere.

Either way, there are a few things I'd like to see changed.
    1) TODDLER METABOLISM!! This has been bugging me for quite awhile. My toddler exercises daily, and gets plenty of it, is only fed when her hunger bar is deep yellow, or red, and comes from thin, well bodied descent. Yet she is packing more and more pounds. I may just be seeing this wrong, but it doesn't seem to be happening over time, either. One moment they're regular weight, the next there's a noticeable bump on their stomach!

FYI...Toddlers are NOT meant to be thin or skinny if healthy....they should be chubby. Because that's what they use to GROW.
  • Options
    I think we're going to get weather...maybe just spring and summer and then fall and winter will come in November for the Season's EP.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »

What are you on about? July is the B E S T month for anything!!!
  • Options
    YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @elelunicy wrote: »

Island Paradise was launched right at the end of June. And it performed really well on the PC charts.

Spa Day was also released in July and I remember that flew to the top of Origin for a few weeks (I was shocked because I found it boring).

I don’t understand how July could be a bad month, considering it’s right in the middle of Summer Holidays where teens are buying stuff to keep them busy. And elsewhere it’s smack bang in the middle of Winter and no one wants to go outside lmao.

Also, The Sims 3 sold its biggest month in July 2009 ;)
    (To be fair I think TS3 would have sold the same no matter when it was released but it still shows sales don’t perform badly in July).

Oh, you mean The Sims 3 Crash Paradise? Yeah, the 2 seconds of gameplay was great. ;)
  • Options
    BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    edited April 2018
    If they really are planning another port, then a port for the Nintendo Switch would be much wiser.
    I could go on a really long rant on why a VR port wouldn't be a good idea, and why VR in general isn't really working after already having a lukewarm reception in the 90's

I think it's probably another pack though. Last year Fitness stuff was featured in EA Play.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    Brindleton wrote: »
    If they really are planning another port, then a port for the Nintendo Switch would be much wiser.
    I could go on a really long rant on why a VR port wouldn't be a good idea, and why VR in general isn't really working after already having a lukewarm reception in the 90's

I think it's probably another pack though. Last year Fitness stuff was featured in EA Play.

I think it's more then a stuffpack. They seem really excited about this one. Most likely it's an expansion pack or big update.
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,341 Member
    I'm just going to flat out suspect that it's going to be Seasons!
  • Options
    BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    simlotte wrote: »
    I really think it might be something like Sims Life stories or Medieval. Something big and new but nothing for the Sims 4 per se...

They sort of confirmed "a new Sims 4 experience".

I think it'll be an EP. It is the only thing that makes sense.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Does it matter to anyone that the tweet read NEXT not NEW? Two different things.
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Does it matter to anyone that the tweet read NEXT not NEW? Two different things.

I think that depends on how you interpret things. This was brought up in another thread and there were people who saw it as the same meaning. (Myself included).

Either way does it impact what the op is intending to address?
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

You are one of two individuals I have actually seen take issue with this. They are different words, but in the context of the tweet are interchangeable. Whatever the next experience is will be a new experience for the game.