Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"New Sims Experience" theories

AmeliaNovaAmeliaNova Posts: 76 Member
What do you make of the tweet referencing a "new sims experience" being announced in June at EA Play in Hollywood?

Comments

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It sounds like they're plugging Sims Mobile.

Or by 'new experience' it could mean that they're adding some serious patches to the game. After all, Toddlers came almost out of nowhere.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I'm hoping it means they are adding the vehicle system and with that burglars, cops and firemen. I think that would be a new experience. Maybe we are getting more supernatural sims.
  • Options
    TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    edited April 2018
    If it's a "new" sims experience maybe they mean nothing we've seen before ever. I'd be pretty excited if it was mind blowing.
    clearly it's a sign that our sims are going to gain the ability to colonize Mars.

I know this was a joke but a playable sim world that isn't even on the sims planet would be cool. I know we have sixam but that's a hidden lot.
    I sincerely hope by new experience they don't mean "we're adding micro transactions to the game!!! Now you can buy a horse for your sims family through the simstore wooo"
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    emyprice95 wrote: »
    They deleted the original tweet and tweeted out "Here's your chance to play our next Sims 4 experience" to make it more clear that they will be showcasing something for TS4 (and not Mobile or TS5). So here's my little bit of speculation:

The fact that they'll be showcasing the "next Sims 4 experience" at EA Play, and the fact that this quarterly teaser is conspicuously absent, I think this could mean one of two possibilities;
    1. There won't be any paid packs this quarter, but there will be a large patch which is big enough to warrant showing off at EA Play (even bigger than toddlers perhaps??)
    2. They are changing up their "one EP per year released around Christmas" formula. We could be seeing a surprise EP this quarter, but the marketing team don't want it to be announced in a quarterly teaser, but with a proper announcement (both CL and Cats and Dogs had already been announced before the quarter they were released in, so the few seconds that they were featured for in the quarterly teasers weren't the first we had heard of them). This EP (if this is indeed what is happening) is the only pack for this quarter, hence no need for a quarterly teaser. It will probably be announced sometime in May, with a release around June, probably just after EA Play, where it will be playable before release.

Of course, it could be Option 3 - there is no notable new content for this quarter, just bug fixes in small monthly patches. But it would be strange to me that they would be hyping up the fact that they'll be showcasing the "next Sims 4 experience" at EA Play if this is the case, so it seems more likely to me that something notable is coming, we'll have to wait and see what it is.

Again, just finishing off with a little disclaimer that this is just pure speculation. We'll see what this quarter brings. :)

This has made me revise my own theory. I think it's either an EP or a huge patch like CAW.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    It's a Switch port or VR Sims thing.

EA likes jumping on quickly fading out trends (VR) and Switch is so popular now it wouldn't be smart of them not to release TS4 for this console.

I highly doubt it'll be a content related announcement.
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    agustd wrote: »
    It's a Switch port or VR Sims thing.

EA likes jumping on quickly fading out trends (VR) and Switch is so popular now it wouldn't be smart of them not to release TS4 for this console.

I highly doubt it'll be a content related announcement.

I also think it's some VR Sims thing
    So EA ignores the majority of the community who are dying for seasons but go for the less 10% of people who wants Sims on VR Bcus it's the trend..
    Makes sense
  • Options
    TheBoyXPTheBoyXP Posts: 85 Member
    emyprice95 wrote: »
    They deleted the original tweet and tweeted out "Here's your chance to play our next Sims 4 experience" to make it more clear that they will be showcasing something for TS4 (and not Mobile or TS5). So here's my little bit of speculation:

The fact that they'll be showcasing the "next Sims 4 experience" at EA Play, and the fact that this quarterly teaser is conspicuously absent, I think this could mean one of two possibilities;
    1. There won't be any paid packs this quarter, but there will be a large patch which is big enough to warrant showing off at EA Play (even bigger than toddlers perhaps??)
    2. They are changing up their "one EP per year released around Christmas" formula. We could be seeing a surprise EP this quarter, but the marketing team don't want it to be announced in a quarterly teaser, but with a proper announcement (both CL and Cats and Dogs had already been announced before the quarter they were released in, so the few seconds that they were featured for in the quarterly teasers weren't the first we had heard of them). This EP (if this is indeed what is happening) is the only pack for this quarter, hence no need for a quarterly teaser. It will probably be announced sometime in May, with a release around June, probably just after EA Play, where it will be playable before release.

Of course, it could be Option 3 - there is no notable new content for this quarter, just bug fixes in small monthly patches. But it would be strange to me that they would be hyping up the fact that they'll be showcasing the "next Sims 4 experience" at EA Play if this is the case, so it seems more likely to me that something notable is coming, we'll have to wait and see what it is.

Again, just finishing off with a little disclaimer that this is just pure speculation. We'll see what this quarter brings. :)

I agree but I think the EP will be announced in April because they have to have a time for trailers, blogs etc. :) !
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I hope it's an Early Access Demo of Seasons.
    Or a free Patch that improves the game like Open World meaning that we can visit our neighbors without loading screen. Between Neighborhoods there will probably still be loading screens.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    I don't think the sims is quite VR-ready yet, though it's interesting that people are mentioning it, as I've thought for a while that if the franchise keeps going and going some day it'll probably end up VR, but I really doubt we're anywhere near that.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Or a free Patch that improves the game like Open World meaning that we can visit our neighbors without loading screen. Between Neighborhoods there will probably still be loading screens.

That's all I want. I mean my loading screen are not even 5 seconds but I would love to have open neighborhoods. I don't care about loading screens between neighborhoods or worlds but it would be nice to walk to your neighbor without a loading screen.

I mean it's insane how huge the open areas have gotten and still we need to load to get to a neighbor, unfortunately I doubt it will change.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I don't think the sims is quite VR-ready yet, though it's interesting that people are mentioning it, as I've thought for a while that if the franchise keeps going and going some day it'll probably end up VR, but I really doubt we're anywhere near that.

EA is very risk-averse and they don’t invest heavily on unproven platforms. We’ll only see Sims VR when those VR platforms sold like tens of millions of units.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    simlottesimlotte Posts: 56 Member
    I really think it might be something like Sims Life stories or Medieval. Something big and new but nothing for the Sims 4 per se...
  • Options
    elelunicy wrote: »
    BabySquare wrote: »

EA is very risk-averse and they don’t invest heavily on unproven platforms. We’ll only see Sims VR when those VR platforms sold like tens of millions of units.

Right. The point being it's something that's still way off in the future. If it happens.
  • Options
    AlveAlve Posts: 101 Member
    First thing I thought of was Sims in virtual reality tech hehe
  • Options
    PuppyLuver5PuppyLuver5 Posts: 22 Member
    > @Loanet said:
    > It sounds like they're plugging Sims Mobile.
    >
    > Or by 'new experience' it could mean that they're adding some serious patches to the game. After all, Toddlers came almost out of nowhere.

Either way, there are a few things I'd like to see changed.
    1) TODDLER METABOLISM!! This has been bugging me for quite awhile. My toddler exercises daily, and gets plenty of it, is only fed when her hunger bar is deep yellow, or red, and comes from thin, well bodied descent. Yet she is packing more and more pounds. I may just be seeing this wrong, but it doesn't seem to be happening over time, either. One moment they're regular weight, the next there's a noticeable bump on their stomach!

2) Glitches Involving Bills. Money isn't too much of an issue because my sims are wealthy, thanks to the money cheat, but it really got me going when this happened. So, my sim came home from his first job (they're rich, so he's never worked before and I thought it was time he did) one day with quite a few negative moodlets. He was bringing in promotion after promotion, so I decided to given him a break. I thought I'd call in for a vacation day right after he payed the bills. So I had him pay the bills on his phone before he called in. A few sim hours later, his aspiring author wife went to work on her book on the computer. Now this is where I got confused. A "pay the bills" option popped up. I checked my funds just to be sure it had gone through, and sure enough I was out $4,000. I decided to leave it alone and assumed it was just a glitch that would go away. But the next sim day, I got a notification that I better pay the bills or the power would be shut off. I ended up having to double pay the bills and was out $8,000.

3) Baby Weight. Most of my sims don't have baby weight after a pregnancy but there are a few that do. I hate how it's selective. All or none, in this case I'd choose none. I had one particular sim that I was very proud of. She was a randomized sim, but she looked like a gorgeous barbie doll. Not that all my sims have to be perfectly plastic, but if you at least have one, it can be really fun. She had two kids(separately, not twins) and after the second one, I was astonished when her face and body didn't go back to normal. If you've never had this problem, let me paint the picture: their face, arms, and legs swell up and while their stomachs aren't quite as big as they were before there's a noticeable difference. Also, their hips are unrealistically wide. This is all after-pregnancy baby weight. Now, I can handle a little baby weight, and maybe even have my sim hit the gym to work it off, but it's just ridiculously blown out of proportion! My barbarbie sim's face got so swelled up that deep crease lines grew around her mouth. It looked like she was smuggling fine china dinner platters in her hips! Pregnancy is a beautiful thing and baby weight is natural, but the way Sims 4 ps4 portrays the aftermath is so unrealistic.

4) Getting sick. I know getting sick is not exactly exciting, but wouldn't it be cool if your sims could get sick?

5) WORKING FROM HOME! Don't get the wrong message, I love this idea. I love woodworking and gardening and such, but I would like to be able to register these money making hobbies as careers. Especially for those sims with young ones at home, and would like to work while also taking care of little Jack and Anne. There might be the concern that you're blowing off work. But that could be fixed maybe by having daily assignments like build a toilet, or plant some tomatoes, or create an abstract painting. Then you could work from home, possibly level up in your favorite hobby, create your own hours, and whatever you earn is 100% youes! Another plus is that you could keep your moodlets from getting low like they do at work. :)
  • Options
    > @Loanet said:
    > It sounds like they're plugging Sims Mobile.
    >
    > Or by 'new experience' it could mean that they're adding some serious patches to the game. After all, Toddlers came almost out of nowhere.

Either way, there are a few things I'd like to see changed.
    1) TODDLER METABOLISM!! This has been bugging me for quite awhile. My toddler exercises daily, and gets plenty of it, is only fed when her hunger bar is deep yellow, or red, and comes from thin, well bodied descent. Yet she is packing more and more pounds. I may just be seeing this wrong, but it doesn't seem to be happening over time, either. One moment they're regular weight, the next there's a noticeable bump on their stomach!

2) Glitches Involving Bills. Money isn't too much of an issue because my sims are wealthy, thanks to the money cheat, but it really got me going when this happened. So, my sim came home from his first job (they're rich, so he's never worked before and I thought it was time he did) one day with quite a few negative moodlets. He was bringing in promotion after promotion, so I decided to given him a break. I thought I'd call in for a vacation day right after he payed the bills. So I had him pay the bills on his phone before he called in. A few sim hours later, his aspiring author wife went to work on her book on the computer. Now this is where I got confused. A "pay the bills" option popped up. I checked my funds just to be sure it had gone through, and sure enough I was out $4,000. I decided to leave it alone and assumed it was just a glitch that would go away. But the next sim day, I got a notification that I better pay the bills or the power would be shut off. I ended up having to double pay the bills and was out $8,000.

3) Baby Weight. Most of my sims don't have baby weight after a pregnancy but there are a few that do. I hate how it's selective. All or none, in this case I'd choose none. I had one particular sim that I was very proud of. She was a randomized sim, but she looked like a gorgeous barbie doll. Not that all my sims have to be perfectly plastic, but if you at least have one, it can be really fun. She had two kids(separately, not twins) and after the second one, I was astonished when her face and body didn't go back to normal. If you've never had this problem, let me paint the picture: their face, arms, and legs swell up and while their stomachs aren't quite as big as they were before there's a noticeable difference. Also, their hips are unrealistically wide. This is all after-pregnancy baby weight. Now, I can handle a little baby weight, and maybe even have my sim hit the gym to work it off, but it's just ridiculously blown out of proportion! My barbarbie sim's face got so swelled up that deep crease lines grew around her mouth. It looked like she was smuggling fine china dinner platters in her hips! Pregnancy is a beautiful thing and baby weight is natural, but the way Sims 4 ps4 portrays the aftermath is so unrealistic.

4) Getting sick. I know getting sick is not exactly exciting, but wouldn't it be cool if your sims could get sick?

5) WORKING FROM HOME! Don't get the wrong message, I love this idea. I love woodworking and gardening and such, but I would like to be able to register these money making hobbies as careers. Especially for those sims with young ones at home, and would like to work while also taking care of little Jack and Anne. There might be the concern that you're blowing off work. But that could be fixed maybe by having daily assignments like build a toilet, or plant some tomatoes, or create an abstract painting. Then you could work from home, possibly level up in your favorite hobby, create your own hours, and whatever you earn is 100% youes! Another plus is that you could keep your moodlets from getting low like they do at work. :)

Hey.

As for getting sick, that came with the get to work pack and in CIty Living the new careers give you the option to work from home :)
  • Options
    NelusNelus Posts: 151 Member
    I dont think anything great would happen.

But as its far to early for sim 5 i hope they are going the way Final Fantasy 14 did with sims 4.

FF14s changes to previous iterations where not well received by fans and the game was criticized as incomplete and lackluster so they completely reworked it into a new version 2.0 and kept improving it until it became one of the most successful games of all times.

So maybe they try something big and rework the complete engine which is a big stumbling block for any progress of the game and we will se a sim 4 2.0 that is up to date, looks better and is open for all the new content and depth to be added.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    AmeliaNova wrote: »
    What do you make of the tweet referencing a "new sims experience" being announced in June at EA Play in Hollywood?

Either a New Expansion,Gamepack or a Big Update like Cars.
  • Options
    If it's a "new" sims experience maybe they mean nothing we've seen before ever. I'd be pretty excited if it was mind blowing.
    clearly it's a sign that our sims are going to gain the ability to colonize Mars.

I know this was a joke but a playable sim world that isn't even on the sims planet would be cool. I know we have sixam but that's a hidden lot.
    I sincerely hope by new experience they don't mean "we're adding micro transactions to the game!!! Now you can buy a horse for your sims family through the simstore wooo"

If that's the case then please let it be Theme Parks.
  • Options
    06Bon06 wrote: »

That's all I want. I mean my loading screen are not even 5 seconds but I would love to have open neighborhoods. I don't care about loading screens between neighborhoods or worlds but it would be nice to walk to your neighbor without a loading screen.

I mean it's insane how huge the open areas have gotten and still we need to load to get to a neighbor, unfortunately I doubt it will change.

Problem with Open Worlds is you have dead community lots meaning hardly any sims show up. Remember TS3 and the Late Night?
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I don't really know what it could be honestly but I hope it's for the PC version.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    06Bon06 wrote: »

Problem with Open Worlds is you have dead community lots meaning hardly any sims show up. Remember TS3 and the Late Night?

Actually sims 3 was fine, for me at least, as long as you didn't have too annoy of the same types of clubs.

Besides that, sims 4 has coding to pull sims to the lot and having an open neighborhood of 5 lots won't make the lots empty in my opinion. For the most part you might have one community lot surrounded by houses, maybe 2 and since sims are already spread into the massive open areas it would just mean the traffic would move between two community lots.

I have so many sims when going anywhere I feel I spare a few XD. But I don't feel it would make a huge difference since most places have more housing. The other thing is time and traits mattered in sims 3 to where sims would gather so I'm sure they could make the pool nearly empty late at night and push sims to go to the club rather than the pool.

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Next Sims 4 experience obviously means it’s either a stuff, game, or expansion pack.