Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Better DMs/Instant Messenger/Mobile DMs

Hey there, crazy kids.

I just think DMs/private messages could be improved. First, I wish it were more like a chat system (similar to tumblr or twitter), where you wouldn't have to constantly reload the page to get the next messages. This would also maybe allow it to be it's own app or thing, where you could still browse the forum at the same time?

And also, unless I'm mistaken, the mobile version of the forums doesn't give access to DMs at all? If I want that, I have to go to the full site version on my phone? If nothing else, that should be fixed, lol. You'd think mobile would be where the better DM system is anyway, not where it doesn't exist at all! :D

Anyways, just my thoughts. Thanks.
Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    They probably won’t put too much effort into DMs because they want you to express yourself via the forum in public anyway. More comments equals more views equals more website traffic for them.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    That and when it comes to internal forum workings, it boils down to those that actually designed the forum software, and if there isn't a system already in place to do that now, they'd have to wait until that is made for the software.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    LoversHovelLoversHovel Posts: 35 Member
    Yea, I don't see any DM option except inboxes. At least a mobile DM option would be nice.
    Choose life, because life chose you to experience it.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Hey there, crazy kids.

I just think DMs/private messages could be improved. First, I wish it were more like a chat system (similar to tumblr or twitter), where you wouldn't have to constantly reload the page to get the next messages. This would also maybe allow it to be it's own app or thing, where you could still browse the forum at the same time?

And also, unless I'm mistaken, the mobile version of the forums doesn't give access to DMs at all? If I want that, I have to go to the full site version on my phone? If nothing else, that should be fixed, lol. You'd think mobile would be where the better DM system is anyway, not where it doesn't exist at all! :D

Anyways, just my thoughts. Thanks.

You can actually chat on Origin with whoever is in your friends list.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....