Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your favourite stuff packs?

Hey all :)

Thought i'd make a thread where we can discuss what our favourite stuff packs are.

I really love Vintage Glamour, I use the items in it a lot they're so beautiful, also the butler is pretty cool too I have one in a few of my households. I moaned about Laundry Stuff when the players picked it but I am enjoying it, some stuff packs I get bored of very easily but I find myself putting the washer/dryers in every household. I also like the bowling pack but I wish there was a dedicated bowling lot type. The Slip n Slides from Backyard are fun, they'll have more relevance to me when Seasons comes out - I do find them too big though.

The one I like least is probably luxury party stuff, the stuff is all too bright and except for the fountain I don't use anything from the pack. I got that pack in a bundle with perfect patio and spa day ages ago, I wouldn't have bought it separately. I have kids room and toddlers stuff but I make little use of them, I haven't even tried the ball pit yet because I so rarely play with kids. Rodents are fun, but I felt they should have been in Cats and Dogs. I hope none of the future 'new gameplay' aspects include food - after chocolate fountains, popcorn, ice cream and lemonade I would appreciate something different.

Comments

• Options
    simuellesimuelle Posts: 100 Member
    I think my top favorite is Movie Hangout, simply because of the style of all the objects. They really align with my own personal style and I love using them to create nice houses that I would personally live in. I also really like Vintage Glamour, but more for the hairs lol
    I also really like Fitness because I think there is a total lack of athletic outfits in CAS, and also I love the rock wall, because a few of my friends like to rock climb (and I like to model my sims after people I know irl) and so their sims get to enjoy something they enjoy irl.
    tumblr; punchella origin id; liujiaxie
    NNePthn.png
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    I also really like the fitness SP, the clothes are super cute! and I enjoy the rock climbing wall - I had an active sim in order to test this all out and made a work out room on my lot.

I have had a lot of enjoyment out of the toddler SP and kids room SP, everything is super cute.. the outfits and pretty much all the CAS items.. BB mode is again adorable

I really want the movie hangout SP, laundry day and a few other but working out what I want first in terms of other packs etc and what I wanna test out in my game play. I'm trying to expand my building so looking at BB items as well as what I can get out of the pack in general
    (found a new love with TS since having TS4)
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Those ones I use items from most often is vitage glamor and kids room. I really do not have a favorite stuff pack though as I am more about gameplay objects and less about cluttering with stuff.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2018
    I really love all the stuff packs and use everything in them religiously. I'd have a dull, boring game in Sims 4 without all the game play items we have from sps. Shoot I wouldn't have butlers, nannies, banquet tables, drink fountains, cold drinks, hot tubs, Ice cream maker, all the cool kids stuff and toddler play items, the slip n' slide, bowling, small furry animals to love - just tons of stuff I could not see playing this game without. It would be one dull game without sps in this version of the sims seeing all this stuff only comes in SPS.

I don't truly have a favorite - depending on the household I am using - different ones become important for that household - so I have to say I love them all.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited March 2018
    Only the ones that cover CAS, BB, and new Gameplay items well enough for me to be happy with my purchase: Movie Hangout, Kid's Room, and Vintage Glamour.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Backyard and Kids Room.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I do not have them all, but I enjoy kids room and toddler stuff so much. They are great on CAS, BB, and gameplay if you are a family player.
  • Options
    JanlJanl Posts: 21 Member
    My favourite packs are Toddler and Kids Room Stuff. I love family play and always have at least one toddler in a family. I also like Movie Hangout, Vintage Glamour and Backyard Stuff. I recently got Laundry Day and I am enjoying it more than I though I would so that deserves a place in my favourites too.
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    Favorites

1. Vintage Glamour It has amazing CAS, butler, nice gameplay and great B&B objects. I feel like it's pretty unique SP.
    2. Laundry Day also has great CAS ans B&B objects. It's pretty big for a SP tbh.
    3. Romantic Garden good CAS, B&B objects are really pretty and the gameplay objects are great.

Least favorite
    1. Toddler I never use it(except the pillows) + I dislike toddlers because they are so needy.
    2. My First Pet big mehh but the B&B objects are nice(even tho there isn't many of them)
    3. Cool Kitchen the hairstyles are nice but that's pretty much it.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited March 2018
    I use all of the SPs that I have got. I only get SPs if I know I will use them. With a rotation, I also like having a lot of options for clothes, hair and decor so that everything isn't too repetitive. Sure, two hairstyles might be similar but I'll use them differently with different sims so that each of them varies slightly.

I also like the specific details that can be added to lots with more packs. For example, I recently added a cafe from the gallery that draws a lot from Romantic Garden and Movie Hangouts. I added the ice cream maker there as well. Now, I can send sims to that cafe to get cupcakes or ice cream that they can eat there or take home. I actually edited the cafe quite a bit to have espresso and pastries as well as to function more for the patrons than the owner. I'm just mentioning that to show how I can use packs in quirky ways.

I've also built my own luxury gym, Oasis Lifestyle Fitness, with Fitness Stuff mixed with a lot of Spa Day. It has a relaxing lounge with vending machines and water walls. There's a room for doing work out videos or yoga. Sims can swim indoors or climb the rock walls or play basketball. I have other gyms that came with the game but that one is definitely my favorite and if I have to start taking over more lot space, others will go instead of that one.

The only SPs I don't have right now are the new pet one, Luxury Party and Spooky Stuff. I'm just not that interested in the spooky theme. The new pet one is a maybe for me but not something that I need right now. If there were rabbits, birds and ferrets as well, that would probably draw me in, especially if there were a few more human clothes and hairstyles. I probably will get Luxury Party at some point but I haven't gotten around to it. I've said this before but I really liked bowling and whenever they add an interesting new activity, I am a fan.

I'll admit to being the unpopular opinion of someone who really likes when they add new foods because I like being able to let my sims order more and different things. All of my sims have different preferences and eating habits. It's one of the ways that I develop their personalities. That said, I want to see more gameplay as well.

I don't actively dislike any of the SPs because I look up what all the objects are in a pack before I decide to get it. If I'm buying it, then I've already decided that I want what it offers in my game. There might be individual objects that I'm less interested in but not the whole pack if I get it.

Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited March 2018
    I use almost everything (except for My First Pet and Vintage Glamor, which I don’t have), but my favorites are the Kids Room and Toddler stuff, since most of my sims have families with toddlers and children. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited March 2018
    Right now I have all the stuff packs except Luxury Party and Spooky Stuff. Sometimes I don't make use of some of the items for a while, but overall I have used the items in every pack. Favorite packs? Probably laundry, as I use that with nearly every household now, and hmm... after that it's a tossup between Romantic Garden, Vintage Glamour, and Kids Stuff. I don't use the Wishing Well a lot, but when I do... it's fun.

I have thought about Luxury Party just for the buffet tables/fountain... is it worth it? I'd probably only use it during weddings and occasional birthday parties...
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I enjoy things from all the packs. But a couple of favorites are Luxury Party and Laundry Day.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited March 2018
    My favorite is Laundry Day stuff. Not only, but also, because I always liked having laundry in my game, but mostly for the B&B stuff which is gorgeous. Two other favs are toddler stuff & vintage glamor. :)
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Movie Hangout, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour and Kids Room <3
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    It changes from time to time, but right now I'm keen on MFP, because the death that comes with it has caused me to be interested in playing both a vampire and an alien for the first time. And the vampire is also going to be a scientist, which is something I've avoided, due to alien abductions, which I kinda hope happens to him now. :D
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    Bad_AppleBad_Apple Posts: 16 Member
    My favorite is Laundry Day Stuff because I loved doing laundry in the Sims 3. It makes the game feel much more realistic and houses look so much better with laundry rooms in my opinion.
    <3
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    The things I use mostly that I have gotten from Stuff Packs are the Wishing well from romantic garden and the movies from movie night. The clothes from the spooky pack are awesome and a must-have for my historical ghosts.

After I finally have modded my games so that grown-ups and teens can use the voidcritter battlestations that pack is going to see much more use. It always felt so sad to me that the sims that enjoyed that hobby would have to stop playing just because they got older. To me it felt like it wasn't much of a point of investing time and energy in the game if my sim had to give it up later.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    My favourite SPs are Laundry Day, Toddlers, Backyard, Kids' room and Cool Kitchen. These are the SPs where I use everything : the CAS, the Build/Buy, the gameplay. So mostly day-to-day, versatile SPs.
  • Options
    lucyshawlucyshaw Posts: 8 New Member
    @SilentKitty just wondering what mod do you use so adults can play voidcritters?? Thanks
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    lucyshaw wrote: »
    @SilentKitty just wondering what mod do you use so adults can play voidcritters?? Thanks

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=603611

Trade Voidcritters For All Ages by Shimrod101, updated by edespino

Haven't installed it yet, waiting for one of my main households to have kids first :)
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Backyard and Kids Room stuff. In my opinion, these packs gave the most new content for my play style. I like family oriented gameplay, so these two packs were very appreciative! :smile: I also like the 'Toddlers' stuff pack as well. That definitely made a great addition to what were already the best toddlers in the history of the franchise... I just wish there were more hairstyles for them. That's my only criticism of the toddlers. Otherwise, they're almost perfect.

Cool Kitchen is another pack I enjoy as well. I really like the modern kitchen designs it came with. Also, the ice cream maker, of course! :smile: I kinda wish they reintroduced the deep fryer though... I really love that item in Sims 3! lol Same with the pizza oven.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    My favorite are Spooky stuff, Vintage Glamour, Romantic Garden and Back yard. I like them because not just for the dark and vintage furniture but also for the game play that they add. The others are "OK" But I don't really use many items from them.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios