Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bunk beds?!

Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
Has anyone else seen the sims have the bunk bed thought bubble? Please, please tell me this means maxis is bringing them back!

Comments

• Options
    PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    Yes ive seen it. I usually see it when a sim child invites another child over after school. When the invited child either leaves, or is asked to leave, thats when the bunkbed thought bubble will pop up. Hopefully this means bunkbeds are coming at some point. Id really like to have em in my game.
  • Options
    @PlumDiddy This happened in a household without any kids. It was actually the dog that had the thought bubble. I've never seen it in my legacy households before.
  • Options
    PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    The dog?? :D well for me ive only ever seen kids think about them. And usually when they are leaving from somewhere. I once saw a kid thinking about bunkbeds while leaving the Casbah Gallery in SM.
    But no matter what i still want them!!
  • Options
    Emma_Smith101Emma_Smith101 Posts: 453 Member
    It'd be great to have bunk beds in the game, however I'm a bit sceptical that if we got them they wouldn't work properly.
    I share my builds and Sims' stories sometimes at: https://simplicityplaysss.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    frogkiss1frogkiss1 Posts: 248 Member
    It'd be great to have bunk beds in the game, however I'm a bit sceptical that if we got them they wouldn't work properly.

what does work when they 1st bring it out?
  • Options
    lasydaisy1122lasydaisy1122 Posts: 66 Member
    EA did them in Sims 3 and in Sims 3 I use bunk beds a lot. So I have been wanting them in Sims 4 too. Hope they are added soon.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I'm pretty sure this thought bubble has been in the game since the beginning. It's been 4 years now...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure this thought bubble has been in the game since the beginning. It's been 4 years now...

I've never seen it before. If it was then why am i just seeing it now and from a dog and never a human?
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    i haven't seen it but i want loft/bunkbeds back i want different ones i want toddler type ones or have unique cute ones
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    I can also confirm that it’s been in the game for a very long time, if not, since launch. I’ve seen children thinking of bunk beds on their way home from a community lot or while walking around neighborhoods. The thought bubble doesn’t pop up as frequently as others (in fact, it does seem a little rare), which is probably why not everyone’s noticed it before. I wouldn’t say it’s a hint, but I certainly wouldn’t rule out the possibility of them being added. I thought bunk beds would have been reintroduced in Parenthood or in the Kids Room SP, but I imagine that they could be brought back in a teen-oriented SP or “tiny living” SP that adds smaller, more compact furniture fit for tiny homes.
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    I hope they bring them back soon. I play in San Myshuno the most and bunkbeds would help free up some space in those tiny apartments.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I hope we'll get them. But they're going to need different mechanics (two people sleeping in one spot) and an animation for climbing ladders. Probably an option for whether you sleep on the top or the bottom or interactions with the other person.

You know what would be cool? The ability to turn every kind of single bed into a bunk-bed (like the counters options), rather just a single new bunk-bed.

On the plus side with an animation for climbing ladders we could get ladder stairs.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member
    there is a way to make one, alt + 9 or alt + 0 if I can remember to adjust the height of the furniture. Though there is no ladder :/
    I prefer Shade than Shady
  • Options
    greeniesimgreeniesim Posts: 1 New Member
    before toddlers where in the game i always saw the toddler icon in my sim their bubble so i think bunkbeds will there be soon :)
  • Options
    Sasskitten02Sasskitten02 Posts: 101 Member
    edited September 2018
    i haven't seen it but i want loft/bunkbeds back i want different ones i want toddler type ones or have unique cute ones
    Yes and when they do loft beds I want them to be able to let you put something like a desk or dresser under it. That would be AWESOME!!!! And Baby/toddler swings like you can buy for the sims 3.

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    How 'bout hammocks?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Porch swings?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Love to have bunk beds, porch swings, and hammocks too. Maybe some of those swinging Egg chairs too.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    I would love all these things, especially loft beds that you can put things underneath :smiley:
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,110 Member
    Bunk beds and loft beds would be great. They were really useful in Sims 3.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    4 years without bunkbeds...thanks EA!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Yes and when they do loft beds I want them to be able to let you put something like a desk or dresser under it. That would be AWESOME!!!! And Baby/toddler swings like you can buy for the sims 3.

I could see both bunk beds and loft beds in a University EP if they're working on it.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,063 Member
    But really must be the most unconfortable beds? (see TS3)
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,110 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    But really must be the most unconfortable beds? (see TS3)

Yeah, if this do this, and I hope they will, the best option would be to have 3 types - the low budget/low comfort option, a mid range option and a high level option. Bunk beds for every budget!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,063 Member
    To add to this thread, why not L shaped bunk beds?

My sisters had that.... and at TS4 would be like at real. The lower bed separable than can be used alone, and the upper bed has a commode included