Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

buying "My first pet stuff", donating to a shelter, or both?

mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
There is an idea floating around that if one is unhappy with the new stuff pack, they could invest that 10$ into a local shelter and help real life pets. I thought, why not get positive and together help real life animals regardless of whether or not we are getting the stuff pack. People that like the newest DLC are good people too after all!

And it's perfectly okay to do neither, just as simmers, we've heard and seen a lot of negativity recently, so why not turn this into something positive together? :)

buying "My first pet stuff", donating to a shelter, or both? 59 votes

I am getting the stuff pack!
28%
KristinaIcewolfelemmelesimgirl1010cchant86Ceres_Meirionaalanmichael1Ravager619poisonedsodapophmae123Internal_ChaosHermitgirlTheGoodOldGamerSimaniteListentoToppDoggSigRaroHueyJefe 17 votes
I am donating to a shelter!
52%
icmnfrshKhariidespina53KelleygirlCynnakemiszBagoas77JoAnne65mlmeadowsmikawagTheSingingSimmerSimLarkfullspiralM13VulpeculaJemztoneToadette12mirta000bythedreadwolfDominicLaurenceMadIris 31 votes
I'm doing both!
18%
Angel_mixWritin_RegJennyggDaemonPawslittlemissgogoWinifred_WillowHalloMollihappygurlMrMonty96AirakaleItsJanier 11 votes

Comments

• Options
    lar0jalar0ja Posts: 49 Member
    That's a great idea! If anyone wants to do something small-pet specific, Wee Companions is a great organization in San Diego, CA. I'm going to give my $10 to them.
  • Options
    lar0jalar0ja Posts: 49 Member
    Oh neat, looks like I just became a full member so I can post a URL now: http://weecompanions.org/
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Already have the pack. Gonna buy 4 or 5 more whenever Amazon gets its act together and sells it, lol. And I'm no more or less inclined to donate to charity based on this pack than I am on any other or any other game, for that matter.

I don't remember getting any dontations for my rent when City Living came out. :p
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    KristinaKristina Posts: 582 Member
    I'll buy the pack later in a sale.

I already donate to an animal charity (SSPCA) on a monthly basis. Honestly though, even if I didn't already donate money this movement wouldn't have encouraged me to suddenly want to make a donation.
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    I don't remember getting any dontations for my rent when City Living came out. :p

well you're not exactly a charity :P
    I'll give some money to a UK shelter. A certain cat one keeps on getting advertised to me on facebook.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    How about we actually wait until the pack comes out before we start judging it?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Loanet wrote: »

Came out yesterday
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Well I've already purchased 4 copies. Mine and three to giveaway. And since I already donate my time at a rescue shelter I think that will suffice.
  • Options
    happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    I'm doing both!
    I adore animals and have a little extra money this month, so I'm donating to a local shelter in addition to having bought the pack. What a great idea to donate the money you didn't spend on the pack!
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Loanet wrote: »

Came out yesterday

:D
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    I'm doing both!
    This is a great idea. I saw this at the end of LGR's review.
    I donate money for animals few times a year.
    My bf made a donation for animals in my name as a Christmas present for me :smile:
    He knows me so well!
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I already donate to my local shelter: Care for Avian Adoption, Rescue, and Education on a monthly basis anyway and give way more than the measly $10. That is where we adopted a majority of our flock from too.
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I'm doing both!
    Pack purchase or not, I think donating is a very nice idea. if you can afford to do so, I'm sure some critters somewhere would be very grateful! I help out with a small rescue so any generosity is always appreciated.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I've already doing my part with ferals in my area. Trap, neuter vaccinate and return... and keep them fed. The population went down as they died off naturally.
    Nothing good is set up in my immediate area to help. I'll keep donating to my own food supply for the ferals I've taken on.
    Please everyone if you are feeding ferals .. have them spayed or neutered.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited March 2018
    Fun fact: Shelters and the organizations that operate them are almost universally well-funded, but under-staffed. Instead of donating money, consider volunteering. You won't be doing glamorous work. Far from it. You will spend a large portion of your day cleaning pens and cages. But you'll be making a difference in the most effective way possible. I've spent every Saturday for the last 14 years at our local shelter. Rewarding.

I'm still getting the pack.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I'd rather get the stuff pack.
  • Options
    Toadette12Toadette12 Posts: 193 Member
    I'm donating to my local cat shelter instead :) I'm planning to adopt a cat from there too in the near future and I can't wait!
    TS4_EP04_WebQuiz_04.jpg
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited March 2018
    What does donating to a shelter have to do with this SP? All I’m seeing it as is a guilt-trip. It’s my money and I’ll spend it how I want.
  • Options
    Toadette12Toadette12 Posts: 193 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    What does donating to a shelter have to do with this SP? All I’m seeing it as is a guilt-trip. It’s my money and I’ll spend it how I want.

It’s just an option for people who want to donate and have the means to, I don’t think guilt tripping is the intention here. Nobody is forcing you to do this at all, it’s just an idea :)
    TS4_EP04_WebQuiz_04.jpg
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited March 2018
    I can't donate to the shelter I have no money the only way I can buy the games is that I have money in the EA Wallet.
    Toadette12 wrote: »

It’s just an option for people who want to donate and have the means to, I don’t think guilt tripping is the intention here. Nobody is forcing you to do this at all, it’s just an idea :)
    Thats good if you have money I don't I added a ton of money in my EA Wallet to buy TS4 games and the EA Wallet can't donate money to the shelter. So I am agreeing with @Simanite I will choose how I want to spend my own money.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited March 2018
    I guess i'm in the "other", instead of the SP, I actually adopted a hamster instead for my son (so I guess technically he adopted one :lol: ) it's an exciting experience so far I must say <3

I'm confused on how turning someone's negative into a positive is somehow a "ploy" to guilt-trip people? Whatever happened to supporting positivity in whatever form it takes? It's simply an idea for those who don't wish to buy the pack. Pretty darn simple...
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I'm doing both!
    I actually donate to several animal rescues when I can, they are funded on donations and volunteers and do good work for the animals they rescue and rehabilitate. I had planned on doing a donation to one of the local rescues after I get some larger expenses out of the way first. :smile:
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Fun fact: Shelters and the organizations that operate them are almost universally well-funded, but under-staffed. Instead of donating money, consider volunteering. You won't be doing glamorous work. Far from it. You will spend a large portion of your day cleaning pens and cages. But you'll be making a difference in the most effective way possible. I've spent every Saturday for the last 14 years at our local shelter. Rewarding.

Well that might be speaking a little too broadly. I don’t know if I agree that they are universally well funded, those who aren’t affiliated with the municipal government don’t receive federal funding at all.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »

Well that might be speaking a little too broadly. I don’t know if I agree that they are universally well funded, those who aren’t affiliated with the municipal government don’t receive federal funding at all.
    The salient point here, and one that has been driven home by numerous conversations with individuals affiliated with these organizations at all levels, is that fundraising is generally not an issue for them. People will throw money at their screen when shown a sad puppy. Everybody will happily part with $10, but what is really needed is people willing to clean up the poop and give said puppy a bath.
  • Options
    HueyJefeHueyJefe Posts: 127 Member
    edited March 2018
    I bought the pack already.

I think donating “to prove a point” is taking it too far. Donate because you want to, not because some random Tumblr post is telling you to.