Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What changes have you made to Selvadorada?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    BMSO wrote: »
    The only change I've made is added a computer lab on the roof of the Cantina since it seems every time sims get poisoned they don't have bone dust so have to buy it off the computer. >.<

There was a computer visitors could use at the museum also, I understand from what other players have said. So far have been lucky and haven't got poisoned yet. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,553 Member
    edited April 2018
    FKM100 wrote: »
    Well, I finally gave in and bought Outdoor Retreat on Saturday (I should have known I would eventually), so I have bulldozed the museum lot and converted it into a campground. It now serves as the base camp for new arrivals (and cheapskate sims), instead of the field station near the trail-head. I have given it the convivial trait, plus the creepy-crawlies one, which should be good for a laugh.

Could you please tell me how well this works?

I just got the pack and have been looking at each of the Lots in build mode and cringed when I got to the museum as it seems such a waste. I have an idea for recreating the base camp Lot from TS3 Egypt world. I think it would look great there and there are no other camping Lots in that world yet.
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    edited April 2018
    FKM100 wrote: »
    Well, I finally gave in and bought Outdoor Retreat on Saturday (I should have known I would eventually), so I have bulldozed the museum lot and converted it into a campground. It now serves as the base camp for new arrivals (and cheapskate sims), instead of the field station near the trail-head. I have given it the convivial trait, plus the creepy-crawlies one, which should be good for a laugh.

Could you please tell me how well this works?

I just got the pack and have been looking at each of the Lots in build mode and cringed when I got to the museum as it seems such a waste. I have an idea for recreating the base camp Lot from TS3 Egypt world. I think it would look great there and there are no other camping Lots in that world yet.

Like you, my original intention was to try and recreate the base camp from TS3 Egypt, although with a more jungly look. What I ended up with looks nothing like that, but I am quite happy with it all the same. I deliberately kept everything very basic - there is not one wall or proper structure on the lot. Instead of building an ablution block (like in Egypt), I took advantage of the pre-made one that came with the game pack and I added a couple of pee-bushes. I made a little lean-to at the rear of the lot, using the gazebo-type thing that comes with the pack, where I put in a small fridge and stove (both CC) and a sink for washing dishes. I also put in an archaeology table. The rental is a little over 500 simoleans per day. Probably the biggest cost factor comes from all the vegetation and other decor items I used on the lot. I could have used less, but I wanted it to look nice.

Basic as it is, it's very livable. I have had sims staying there for a week and they were quite happy. I haven't seen much evidence of the creepy-crawlies trait, but I'm not too sure what it is supposed to do - my sims keep shooing away insects from their faces, but they do that anyway. I haven't had any instances of insect attack. What I like about it is that sims can get to the market and buy supplies without going through a loading screen, so it is a good landing site for new arrivals. Here are some screenshots.

Overview:
    Xk0ntS0.png

The rear of the lot, with the lean-to and ablution facility:
    ggWTzO0.png

And this is the villa I built on the original field-station lot:
    Ry5svue.png

On a different subject, I still feel the need to make another public venue in place of the museum (probably on the lot where the 3 bedroom villa is now), but I haven't been able to settle on anything that would please me. I thought it would be nice to create a trading area with mixed shops (something like the market in TS3 Egypt), but the retail lot option is not available at all. I have also found that it is not possible to own a vet clinic or restaurant in Selvadorada - you can build them, but not own them. Basically, EA has ruled out any possibility of cheating the game so as to allow sims to stay indefinitely in Selvadorada, which is fair enough I suppose, but rather a pity all the same.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,553 Member
    Looks great @FKM100 <3

When I built mine, it cost loads to rent and I thought it a little mad to be paying so much to rough it in the jungle - so I made it into a National Park instead. Then the tiny little Lot next door, I made into a camp site too. It can be rented at $38 per night and then my sims can just go and live in the park (my big base camp).

This is the tiny Lot:
    04-02-18_5-43-56%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

My overall base camp looks a little busy, but I mostly kept one side of it the same and then added the 'living area' similar to the Egyptian base camp where the museum used to be:
    04-02-18_5-43-06%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

04-02-18_5-41-50%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

04-02-18_5-42-16%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0
  • Options
    I love your campsites, @elanorbreton! The little one is very sweet and I like the way you have adapted the larger lot - it looks very convincing. I'm surprised it was so expensive, but I suppose all that décor adds up in the end.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I build a restaurant/ Spa with a wedding are on the museum lot. I tried to keep it all jungle themed and with a touch of the ruins.

The entrance, with some ancient artifacts and a waterfall to the right.

2Aesju3.png

yJNPfyI.png

MTYTXNX.png

The waterfall, mostly overgrown

4fXBtQh.png

The lady of the forest
    OJYHCjJ.png

The bridge over the river.
    4TZN8Hf.png

RD0Oc2M.png

Im4kKlC.png

Yoga and meditation in the Forest with a Pool and kids play area
    cuEM2fL.png

pVwdwQS.png

PR3hg08.png

The restaurant has a glass ceiling and it covered by the forest, it is build around an ancient tree that grew among the ruins.
    81BTtOl.png

Enterance

i0AdbSM.png

The Roof
    a0RqKvU.png

d0hJhFR.png

The bathroom has a viewing area for when you want to get away from your friends and Family XD

MNCgn1q.png

A Forgotten Passage, what could it be?
    It's the Spa, Build among the ruins
    nPaNAAK.png

The wedding area

VVn6IqO.png

aa9pPIo.png

Sorry for the Spam XD
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Wow, @06Bon06, you put in a lot of work there and it looks great, especially at night! I love the way you have the lanterns hanging from the trees. <3
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I have a really nice little museum placed in Magnolia Promenade,

Paleontological Museum,20x15, built by MoneAmarone that I have placed on one of the small lots. Great builder, I recommend a follow.

Since I didn't want a museum on the large lot I have taken the small building part of it and whisked it of to one of the big lots in Magnolia Promenade and placed a nice Spa there instead.
  • Options
    shadesoftracyshadesoftracy Posts: 3 New Member
    How can I make the artwork and items my Sims make on the archaeology table stay in the museum after the vacation ends
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    None. Kept it just the way it came.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,964 Member

Not long after the museum in Oasis springs, I also built my own cantina right next to it and placed a food stall so people can taste some Selvadoradian dishes before going on vacation. It has actually become one of my favourite public lots.

cantinaselvadoradiana36pon.jpg

And now, on to Granite Falls...

@GrumpyGlowfish, this lot looks awesome. Is it on the gallery?
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I haven't yet but I might
    some day.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie