Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Team Vanilla VS Team CC & Mods

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    #TeamMods
    There are just some mods I can't live without (MC Command Center, Reduced Random Townies and No EA lashes etc)
    I also love Maxis Match CC, mostly discovering and looking for it because it's so relaxing just scrolling through different CC finds blogs and imagining the sims that you would create with those items. :''D I'm probably the only person who enjoys looking for CC more than actually using it :'D
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    #TeamVanilla
    *Bump*
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    #TeamVanilla
    I'm just patiently playing vanilla.. :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    #TeamVanilla
    I'm all ways worried about mods so I try not to use them
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    #TeamMods
    The sims look so much better and unique with CC. Without it they look too much alike. I also like to build and don't want the same things over and over.
  • Options
    ChatsaChatsa Posts: 13 New Member
    #TeamMods
    I think mods and cc is one of the reasons why I still play this game.
  • Options
    BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    #TeamMods
    I feel like there's so much content and so many creative things that I would miss out on if I didn't use mods and cc. I use MC Command Center, and in some ways it's super helpful. It makes the game feel more complete.

I use CC because, again, there are so many creative creators out there that create awesome stuff. But it's also because we don't always get new content that often, and adding new things to my game makes me want to keep playing.

Everything looks so better with CC, especially skin overlays, since I think the original EA skin is... well, kind of bad.

We can choose what CC we want and how we want our sims and our worlds to look like. It's way more control, which I think is something The Sims franchise is about, you know? Having control?

And mods can fix bugs, fix annoying things that keep happening, and help players to tailor their games to their own tastes. Does that make sense? I get what I think is pretty/works for me and I don't have to wait for EA to fix it.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    #TeamMods
    I have tons of mods. I feel mods give me much more options opposed to the vanilla game. I like to make my own sims and I am very picky, so I try to make them as accurate as possible. Also some mods such as the mccc helps change the game play a bit to make it a bit more exciting and sort of creates a story progression that this game is lacking, giving it more depth.
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    #TeamVanilla
    Just yesterday I took out my mods and cc because my game just plays so buggy with them in. Vanilla it is for me for now on. :D
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    #TeamMods
    I don't use CC but I do use MC Command Center and No Mosaic
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    edited November 2018
    #TeamMods
    Call me a control freak in that regard, but I gotta have my mods. They aren't always bothersome if you take a moment to actually understand what to look out for, but this is mainly subjective of course. The amount of creativity and the options to mix-and-match are awesome. Storytelling is no longer a chore when trying to convey the right scene with posepacks. Mods I use are mostly for gameplay issues or adding a realistic approach to stories/challenges, like MCC (a wonderful mod I can't really do without), but the CC.... The CC is what I lose hours on thanks to the amazing creators who take time out of their lives to continue to make our gameplay a fair amount better, it's where I'm able to spend more time in cas creating a unique sim than playing and allows me to switch attire depending on my sims mood/situation. I'm not much of a builder, but it definitely helps in the furniture department as well, just being able to have a set that matches with the overall tone of a room is a plus.

The only time I've gone vanilla is with 2, and that speaks for itself since you hardly needed CC to enjoy the game, imo. Mods were hit or miss. I don't know, it could feel limited and be potentially game breaking if not done exactly right so half the time I delt with the glitches, which can be so entertaining that I didn't mind it.
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    edited November 2018
    #TeamMods
    Pretty simple why I play with mods and CC. Basic content is lacking in creativity and there are some common sense things left out of sims that mods provide.

For example, I couldn't look goth like I do in real life without them. I wouldn't even be able to make a character look like me. Sims has always flirted with the idea of goth but it's always apparent their goth creations are being made by preppy normals. They don't quite get it.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    #TeamMods
    Well I dont have mods, but I have a little cc. furniture and clothes mostly.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    #TeamVanilla
    Mods broke my TS2 game. I haven't used them since.
  • Options
    ManderMurduhManderMurduh Posts: 1,279 Member
    #TeamMods
    I wouldn't be able to play the game without mods or CC. I've been an addict ever since I started using it back in TS2 days and doubt I'll ever be able to play vanilla for long periods of time, ever again lol. Updating mods every time there's a patch is annoying but I can deal with it.
    jrbac2.gif
    Origin ID: xoScoochAMooch Feel free to add me!
    Check out my simblr for gameplay pictures! https://leelasims.tumblr.com/

I love BTS and Ariana Grande.
  • Options
    DantyEllaDantyElla Posts: 6 New Member
    #TeamMods
    took me a while to find and use the mods, but now i cant live without them - starting to think i have too many... maybe i am addicted LOL
  • Options
    MilwayLangMilwayLang Posts: 180 Member
    I only downloaded maxis match cc, especially hairs and skin details. To me the original skin is not really good in my opinion. Less smooth and sometimes there's a few details I don't want
    Hello, my name is Soop Kreem. You can check my Adams' Family Tree

yh.jpg
  • Options
    Naitomea_SimsNaitomea_Sims Posts: 5 New Member
    #TeamMods
    Ever since I started playing the Sims back in 1999 I think, I am absolutely in love with CC and mods. For TS1 I made my own cc and in the following years (and new versions of the game) I have downloaded the cc I needed (I mostly build and play in East Asian worlds). I am absolutely grateful for all the modders and cc creators.
  • Options
    hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    #TeamMods
    I use MCCC, UI Cheats Extension, and sometimes Reshade but that's about it for mods. Although, I use some cc. Currently my mods folder is 821 Megabytes. I don't use Build&Buy cc but I use some CAS cc.
  • Options
    TwicelikeyTwicelikey Posts: 176 Member
    #TeamMods
    I used to be vanilla. But once I got a taste for mods and cc I couldn't go back.
  • Options
    s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    edited November 2018
    #TeamMods
    Team cc. I've been team cc since TS1. There were a couple furniture items and bassinet recolors I had. I really got into cc with TS2- but it wasn't until TS3 that I really got into mods. I love mods now. I think before I was too inexperienced to know how to maintain and use them, But its gotten better over time.

I like to play with mods, because they add a level of realism to my gameplay. Atm- I'm waiting on most of the mods I play with to be updated since the last patch, but some of them are ...

* No relationship cull- essential !!!
    * Control pets (Which I just use to see lifespan and mood- don't really control them much)
    * Shaving Mod - adds realism for the men in my game.
    * All the Event Mods - Slumber Party, Prom, Bridal Shower, Baby Shower, Graduation, Funerals
    * The Slow Dance Mod
    * Restaurant Hire Anyone
    * After School Activities mod
    * Custom Career Mod- and various custom careers
    * No autonomous Check Toddler
    * No autonomous check phone! (I LOVE THIS for my ancient Civ families and Civil War era fams! I wish there was an "opt in" and "opt out" option on the cellphones !!! )
    * Baby Crib mod- and various cc cribs. (Lets be honest, its bad enough the babies are objects, this allows me to enjoy them a little bit more, plus most of the cribs come with a full nursery set! ))
    * Custom baby clothes - (Same reason as above)
    * And a number of realistic mods which change the T for Teen rating, and will remain unnamed.

I've also got a number of modded objects which add realism and fun to my game. Like..

* The Canning mod- from TS3. (Great for my "off grid fams")
    * Animal Pack Overrides - which adds a number of additional small animals to the My First Pet Pack.. and was LEGIT the only reason I bought that pack..
    * Custom thermostats- so a fan, air conditioner, or heater that functions as a thermostat.
    * Light switches and outlets that are actually just pictures, but they add such realism and i love them!
    * Kitchen Timer which functions as a smoke alarm..

...and then the cc items themselves, in the form of CAS objects. (The reason I spend 4 hours making one Sim! :D - Honestly, I think i'm a cc addict, but its ok, I would enjoy my game much less without it.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited November 2018
    #TeamMods
    I've been Simming since the original game. I love this game.

But, playing without CC and mods is like eating toast without any butter or jam on it. I mean, it will nourish you....but it's lacking in texture and flavor. But it's also important that you remember to throw out the butter and get new butter over time (i.e. when there's a game update), cause rancid butter can be really nasty.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    #TeamMods
    I'm more team CC I only use the height slider mod and pose player once in awhile but I cant live without CC the Sims team has just done a horrible job with detail such as eye lashes and the clothing they make it hideous CC is needed.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"