Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Team Vanilla VS Team CC & Mods

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    edited March 2018
    Maxis Match CC (I am the self-proclaimed Wizard) but, not Mods.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    #TeamVanilla
    TS4 is already good as it is. There is no need for any CC/mods.

The same can't be said for TS2/3. For starters without CC most TS2/3 Sims simply look awful .
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    #TeamVanilla
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    Maxis Match CC (I am the self-proclaimed Wizard) but, not Mods.

CC are technically mods
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    edited March 2018
    #TeamVanilla
    I think more then halve of my time playing sims 3, I was actually downloading and merging cc.
    Such a waste of time. That's my biggest reason that I decided to stick to vanilla this time.
    I do get tempted sometimes when I see a mod like "no pets aloud on community lots", because that really irritates me.
    But then somebody says you can use the low fence to keep pets out and work with that.
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,648 Member
    #TeamMods
    i played vanilla for years. mainly because i didn't want to risk causing bugs in my game. TS4 has been buggy almost every time a EP, GP, or SP comes out and sometimes just because of a patch. so i figured i have nothing to lose lol. i started using mods about a year ago. adds so much to my game that i can't see going back to playing vanilla again.
  • TimelordSnowyTimelordSnowy Posts: 41 Member
    #TeamMods
    I wasn’t planning on using cc in sims 4 as s3 died when I did but it’s far better then that and I actually don’t mind them..I mostly only do cas cc and mccc and like the pose stuff cause I like taking screenshots..
    Please Ping if responding to something I say. I wont see otherwise thank you :)
  • candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    #TeamMods
    I couldn't play the game without MCCC anymore, so definitely #TeamMods :smile:
    The relationship culling thingie was very irritating.
  • ragefire88ragefire88 Posts: 11 New Member
    #TeamMods
    I love using Mods/CC Why, The Sims 4 game lacks badly in color choices & items, cc/mod makers make these missing items like bunk beds swings trampolines, slides etc thus making the game better, so we can play longer ^-^
    Lacks in features. Mods can bring those features, sometimes even new ones.
    Mods & CC make the game better! With them I have played my Sims 4 longer.
    (With Sims 2 it extends its life with mods/cc & brings more color many recolors have been made with the CEP mod)
    I played vanilla for a week with all my Sims games when I first bought them I would never go back !
    I am #TeamMods forever!

Also We have a Amazing Amount of very talented Modders & CC makers, Thank you to all those that make stuff for us!
  • PluttskuttPluttskutt Posts: 112 Member
    #TeamVanilla
    I can not be bothered to keep them updated and read all the notes about them to make them work. I have used mods in the beginning to make my characters but then something happens, they don't show correctly, game lags, and I just can not be bothered to go through the files to see what makes it so. Vanilla until I quit playing
  • tanakakitanakaki Posts: 240 Member
    #TeamMods
    Mods for days! lol Though most of my mods involve something to fix an annoying aspect of the game. I also use cc to bring my fantasy sims to life.
  • KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    edited March 2018
    #TeamMods
    Cant really play the game without mods. Truly refuse to play without Mc Command Center mod because it adds features and options the game should have. There are also the mods that helps repair the bugs and glitches the game has or helps me remove an autonomous feature that I might find annoying in my game.

I understand some players like to play vanilla because sometimes the mods have to be updated with each patch but the creator of the mods always tries their best to have their mods updated quickly. To me the positive parts of having mods in my game outweighs the negative aspect of having to keep the mods updated. There is numerous reason why I have mods in my game to be able to name them all.
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    #TeamMods
    Team mods, but that's not to say I'm a responsible and organized member of team mods. More of "ah, new update. let's launch the game with all my old mods and pray I don't die"

tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • hevkerhevker Posts: 84 Member
    #TeamMods
    I don't use build CC but I do have plenty of cas CC. I also use several mods because it makes me gameplay more fun. I also have a couple mods that speed sims up because taking 3 hours to eat really annoys me. Also MC command centre is an absolute must for me.
  • KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    edited March 2018
    #TeamMods
    I've been using CC and mods since the days of The Sims 1. I still play 2 on a regular basis and my game is filled with beautiful CC and mods to enhance my game and playstyle. Frankly, I found that it was impossible to play 3 without mods, the MC actually helped fix the routing issue which was the biggest problem bar none in my game.

I've yet to put CC and mods into 4 because I haven't played it for long and wanted to get a feel for it, but I will be adding some any day now. I've found 4 sorely lacking in terms of content, even with a few add-ons. I find that CC helps personalise my game.
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • HeckinGodzillaHeckinGodzilla Posts: 49 Member
    #TeamVanilla
    Totally vanilla.
    Too lazy to update mods constantly. Occasionally use MCC but that's it. And I haven't updated it since before Cats and Dogs.
    Too scared that mods & CC will mess up my game/glitch/or make it choppy.
    I just don't bother. If they were easier to use, upload, and remove, then maybe.
  • kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    I want to say I'm Team Vanilla because the only mod I have is MCCC. I downloaded a bunch of mods and CC a little while ago and it destroyed my computer. I had to do a reset and everything even after I'd removed all the mods and CC. So now I'm a one mod kind of person, but I can't say I'm completely vanilla because I'd perish without MCCC.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    #TeamMods
    I am also MCCC dependent, I also use CC because I don't think we have enough formal outfits for T-E ladies and we don't have enough cute high heels.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited March 2018
    #TeamMods
    citybound wrote: »
    As much as possible, especially with my PC being a little old and laggy as ever, I try not to download too much CC but in my opinion, what is Sims without CC? However, as I install more EPs, GPs and SPs, I want to phase out using less CC. I don't download decor or anything, but the only CC I download are default replacements, clothes, hairs, that kind of stuff. (:

I have to say I do this too. I had a cc 6 seat round dining table, but now that we're getting those, I deleted it.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    #TeamMods
    Mods open a whole new world in terms of gameplay and stuff. I played Sims 2 and 3 vanilla and tbh I wish i at least did mods for 3.
  • monochromaticmonochromatic Posts: 25 Member
    #TeamMods
    For a while, I just stuck to vanilla, but somewhat recently (a few months ago?) I got curious and tried some mods, and I found I enjoy them, and the new options they open up. The reason I didn't use them at first is that, like some others, I didn't want to parts of my game breaking whenever there was an update. But now, I guess I just deal with it, and mods which are still supported will get an update not long afterwards anyway. I think the first mods I used were simply adding small animations, like "kiss neck" for adults, and having Sims cuddle a bit after woohoo... Lol.
  • asadlittlepotatoasadlittlepotato Posts: 23 Member
    #TeamMods
    The game's unplayable for me without MCCC and custom sims skins/makeup. But otherwise I stick to vanilla, to avoid potential catastrophe during patches and updates
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    #TeamVanilla
    When I found out about mods and CC for Sims1 it's been the rule since and without them I don't think I would have played those games as long as I did. However, with Sims4 I started out with mods and CC but got too discouraged with everything "breaking" with every patch. The only 'have to have' is the "nomosaic", other than that my Sims4 game is vanilla.
  • historynerdhistorynerd Posts: 209 Member
    #TeamMods
    I play with historical families so mods/cc is a must.
    Official Victorian and Edwardian Nerd
    P2Wn3TO.jpg
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    #TeamMods
    Nope can't play without them, especially MCCC. I used to have alpha hairstyles for both male and female because I hated the first hairstyles EA came up with. But lately I've noticed I don't mind the hair as much as I used to. So I am trying to keep my mods folders under control. (I mean, 47mb for a hairstyle??) The alpha hairs are beautiful, don't get me wrong, but now am trying to go with MM.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • sidney216sidney216 Posts: 127 Member
    edited March 2018
    #TeamMods
    Any game with mod support will have its life multiplied by at least 100%. Vanilla ain't that bad but boy, you're missing out if you don't use mods. Personally I'm not a fan of the "Disney worlds" everybody is happy and stuff in the Sims 4.

I like games with a more sinister/darker setting (Path of Exile, Thief 1/2/3 for example). So mods like Serial Killer Mod by Dramatic/Sacrificial make the game more funny and keep things interesting.

Like others said, there are so many mods that YOU are able to create almost exactly what you want.
    1522086871-legatelanius.gif