Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any other way to gain Selvadoradian Culture skill?

Apart from talking to the locals? There weren't any books available, and no research options came up on the computer. I want my sims to learn the new salsa dance, but talking about the same 4 topics and looking at the Madre statue is kind of grindy.
Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I didn't get far into it yet, but eating and drinking is one way
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I didn't get far into it yet, but eating and drinking is one way

Oh yeah, that's right. They were overwhelmed by the flavor too. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited February 2018
    Inside the temple you can learn about culture by clicking on the wall paintings
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I believe eating the local foods also helps increase the culture skill as well too. Not sure if listening or dancing to the latin station helps it. :*
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »

That, I didn't know. I'll make sure to try that next time. Thanks!

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited February 2018
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

‘Pretty sure’ it raises the culture skill. My sim had maxed it out by the time I got there by eating all the food and learning the secret recipes but it seems right lol.
  • Options
    Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    I don't have the pack yet, but I was wondering if there are any Selvadoradian songs to sing or play on the guitar, similar to the songs that came with Outdoor Retreat. I hope so because that would be a really neat way to raise the culture skill.
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Rococo1256 wrote: »
    I don't have the pack yet, but I was wondering if there are any Selvadoradian songs to sing or play on the guitar, similar to the songs that came with Outdoor Retreat. I hope so because that would be a really neat way to raise the culture skill.

There do appear to be guitar songs from the pack. I have no idea if they raise the skill though. My sims were already maxed in it just from talking to the locals (it only goes to 5 and talking to the locals brings it up rather quickly)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i've had two sims max the skill out and recall getting something along the lines of 'sim has learned new songs on the guitar', however neither sim has any skill in guitar, so haven't tried it out yet

also, when a sim hits 5 (max) in the skill, they can write guidebooks to help other sims learn. which is nice for down the road (...esp if can figure out how to get one into a library...)

when they max the skill, they also unlock three 'secret' foods to order at the food stall. and, can apparently also order 'secret' items at the marketplace (i've had several relic tops, relic bases, relic gems, as well as unlimited machetes, gcre, and a few of the different items like the pollenis flower. i'm guessing some of these will rotate with each vendor, while others stay the same)
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

You do? Ok I guess I was way to concerned on getting to the end since my sim got poisoned from sticking his hands in holes he shouldn't have.
    28423633_605531029790239_2783257309146377456_o.jpg?oh=14a8cbbbecd07279ea803fa02a96552a&oe=5B0F9A63
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Thanks for your answers, everyone! They were definitely insightful.

You do? Ok I guess I was way to concerned on getting to the end since my sim got poisoned from sticking his hands in holes he shouldn't have.
    28423633_605531029790239_2783257309146377456_o.jpg?oh=14a8cbbbecd07279ea803fa02a96552a&oe=5B0F9A63

Same. My sims were on the last day of their vacation and I was focused on getting to the end. I didn't know the murals were clickable.

• Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Apart from talking to the locals? There weren't any books available, and no research options came up on the computer. I want my sims to learn the new salsa dance, but talking about the same 4 topics and looking at the Madre statue is kind of grindy.

LGR reported that going to the bar and drinking helps (local foods maybe too spicy for your Sims).
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    Discovered that the culture skill is only 5 levels, one of my families' teenager managed to max it out by spending the evening in the bar chatting to one of the local. He looked a bit lame trying to dance the salsa because even though he had maxed his culture skill his dance skill was still 1.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    It's pretty easy to lvl up the skill, Anything to do with Selvadorada basically can help increase it in a way lol. As for the Bowling skill though...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Talking to the locals about Selvadorada boosts the meter.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    edited March 2018
    Getting Romantic is always the best way. I wonder if locals can be asked to move in.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • Options
    EvokeEvoke Posts: 416 Member
    Rococo1256 wrote: »

Yes, there is an unlock notification. How many I'm not sure. It was for guitar.

Other wise, talking to, eating, viewing/praising the statue in the middle of the market all help to raise it. Examining traps with the culture required as a skill also helps as does looking at artwork on the walls within the temple.
    S9d2la2.png
    Youtube || Website
    Tutorials, tips, tricks, lets plays for Sims 4
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

‘Pretty sure’ it raises the culture skill. My sim had maxed it out by the time I got there by eating all the food and learning the secret recipes but it seems right lol.
    Yes, it does. I got a notification of leveling up right after I’d done that.
    5JZ57S6.png