Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question~

So, I recently had to delete and reinstall my game and I had some sims on the exchange or whatever its called for the sims four- but now they're gone, or I cant find them... does deleting my game delete them from the exchange too or am I just not looking hard enough?

Comments

• Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    It deletes them from the tray folder, which in also your library. If you've uploaded from your library, then those items are still in your gallery.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    This has happened to me before. If they were just in your own section bit thingie (cant remember the name lol) then as far as I know they're gone. But someone might be able to help get them back, I don't know.

However if you shared them to the community.. I do believe they should show up if you search your name? And then I think you have to download them back to your gallery.
  • Options
    SharpheartSharpheart Posts: 151 Member
    oh okay, thanks guys i'll try that cause I usually always upload to the gallery - and I know I did for the family I'm looking for c:
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello
    Check to make sure that you have ticked the "include custom content" box that is in the advanced section of the filter in the Gallery
    The game may be classifying them as having cc.

When you uninstall and reinstall the game,it doesn’t affect the items in your library or on the community section of the Gallery. Your creations though will be removed from your library section if you delete the Documents-Electronic Arts -Sims 4 folder at the same time. This holds your tray folder where the files of the items in your library section are kept.

• Options
    So essentially if I deleted the folder I deleted the sims? from everything? - I haven't gone to check if they're in the gallery yet but I'll be doing that in a bit to double check but for future reference....
    I just remember on the sims 3 if you uploaded the sim to the exchange it was okay to delete all files, and even get a new computer, and you could still have the sim you uploaded.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello
    If you have uploaded your sims Households to the Gallery, they will still be be safely kept there on the Gallery , if you delete your sims 4 folder.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    edited February 2018
    Just imagine the Gallery as a cloud or Internet based platform and your tray folder is like your usual local folder like Pictures/Documents. So if you have really uploaded your Sims to the Internet, it should be there and you can download it again to your tray folder.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Just beware when uploading to the gallery when it's having connection issues or your internet is having hiccups. I had to reupload a Sim 3 times this morning just to ensure I had gotten it onto the Gallery correctly without creating duplicates or broken half-uploads.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Sharpheart wrote: »
    So, I recently had to delete and reinstall my game and I had some sims on the exchange or whatever its called for the sims four- but now they're gone, or I cant find them... does deleting my game delete them from the exchange too or am I just not looking hard enough?

To avoid this heartbreak in the future, drag you Sims4 folder onto your desktop. Then start the game anew and you'll see a regenerated folder. Once you've played around with it to make sure whatever problem you were having has been eliminated, then you can change out the brand new tray with the old one, your Saves, likewise, and so on and so forth. This way your game is refreshed, but you haven't lost all of your Sims/game saves, et al.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    I found my sims on the gallery- it took a bit of looking to figure out where to go to find my things but most of them were there. I figured it was like a cloud but I haven't really done anything on the sims four as compared to the sims three, thanks guys c: