Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Over The Moon!

I am so very happy. I finally, FINALLY got a new computer and my game runs like a DREAM now!

I still don't play with all of the expansions, though lol

I need to get back to posting pics so you guys can see the difference. I went from waiting FOREVER (up to 20 mins sometimes) to my game loading in under 5 mins. and found that I was seriously missing out on a lot of things just because of how slow my old computer was! Of course, it's only been a couple of months but in that time, I haven't had a glitch yet. *knocks on wood and kisses the sky*

Also, anyone found any new CC or worlds that they love? Do share!

Comments

• Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited February 2018
    Grats @StephSteb :mrgreen:

NvhzgFc.gif

And this lot is awesome one CC was used on it but is NOT included so is a no CC lot by Floraflora2 <3 Might be something you would like

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=607124

There is 2 lots/files a Sake shop and Print Store

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    Looking forward to seeing your pictures :) TS3 is truly a thing of beauty when it’s running properly. I remember that sense of euphoria when I cleared my cache files for the first time, and saw how much smoother the game ran :D
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited February 2018
    StephSteb wrote: »
    I am so very happy. I finally, FINALLY got a new computer and my game runs like a DREAM now!

I still don't play with all of the expansions, though lol

I need to get back to posting pics so you guys can see the difference. I went from waiting FOREVER (up to 20 mins sometimes) to my game loading in under 5 mins. and found that I was seriously missing out on a lot of things just because of how slow my old computer was! Of course, it's only been a couple of months but in that time, I haven't had a glitch yet. *knocks on wood and kisses the sky*

Also, anyone found any new CC or worlds that they love? Do share!

Happy you are happy your game has improved with your new computer. It really makes a difference what you play the game on. The Sims Series is the only PC game I play and I have always had the best machine I could find - my one indulgence - in order to play. I don't normally experience any problems with the way the game runs. On my latest PC the game loads in about 2 minutes.

• Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Grats @StephSteb :mrgreen:

NvhzgFc.gif

And this lot is awesome one CC was used on it but is NOT included so is a no CC lot by Floraflora2 <3 Might be something you would like

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=607124

There is 2 lots/files a Sake shop and Print Store

Awesome! Thank you so much <3

@TinySpaceFox I will post them soon. I'm so enamored with being able to play without a million things going wrong that I have been forgetting to take pics, lol.

@nickibitsward I can't believe how much of a difference it makes. I wish I would have gotten a better computer way sooner than I did!
  • Options
    Alrighty. Here's some photos! I may have spoken too soon, however, as there are now TWO paparazzi following my sim and I have never seen that before. I am hoping it's just something that didn't happen with my old computer...anyone ever had more than one paparazzi around their sim?

My current sims: Jack Ransone (from Adventureland with a makeover lol) and Olivia Meadows
    Z7Wifhb.jpg

Some party photos:

hC9FrhD.jpg

FP99qXF.jpg

And the paparazzi in question:

a4PvQkt.jpg
  • Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    Alrighty. Here's some photos! I may have spoken too soon, however, as there are now TWO paparazzi following my sim and I have never seen that before. I am hoping it's just something that didn't happen with my old computer...anyone ever had more than one paparazzi around their sim?

My current sims: Jack Ransone (from Adventureland with a makeover lol) and Olivia Meadows
    Z7Wifhb.jpg

Some party photos:

hC9FrhD.jpg

FP99qXF.jpg

And the paparazzi in question:

a4PvQkt.jpg

Yes the max default of paparazzi is 2 c: glad your having fun
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    @MemoriiValentine Ok, sweet. That has never happened before in my game. I was worried, lol
  • Options
    @MemoriiValentine Ok, sweet. That has never happened before in my game. I was worried, lol

it happens when you have a higher level of celebrity . there is a mod call nraas register to get rid of them. or you can watch them burn outside if you have seasons
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Have fun!! Great pictures, very nice sims.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    Have fun! i'm jealous - my laptop is more than 2 years old now, which isn't old but not young, and destiny wants it that in the meantime (actually, right after I got my laptop SSD drives became a general thing -_-) they got 100 times better...Not fun. It runs okay. But back when I bought it an 'amazing' gaming laptop was + € 1200....
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    The default for paparazzi is 3, and if your sims are the only celebrities in town, you might get all three of them at once!
  • Options
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    The default for paparazzi is 3, and if your sims are the only celebrities in town, you might get all three of them at once!

Oh ? I've only seen two . Guess someone else was a little too popular xD
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »

Oh ? I've only seen two . Guess someone else was a little too popular xD

LOL! I've had it happen a couple of times. It's a major pain in the neck!
  • Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Congrats and have fun! :)
    Your pictures look great!

I remember, when I got my pc (after playing on a laptop) and was playing for the first time, I nearly had a heart attack, because there was smoke coming out of the chimney! On lowest graphics, you don´t see that kind of thing. I thought, the house was on fire! :D
    Also, racoons don´t look like weird cats anymore.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Options
    BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    Congrats! Super jealous of you though, I'm saving up to be able to play again. For cc Tumblr is a good place to get some, try a cc finds blog. Mod the Sims is nice as well.
    There are so many amazing worlds: anything from My Sim Realty as well as Alpine County, Setra, St Claire. Of course those last few are very large. Pleasant Isle is a nice smaller world.
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • Options
    I can't believe how much I was missing out on.

And, that is why Sims 3 is and always will be the BEST sims game. A million years of playing later and I'm still finding awesome stuff in this game! <3