Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Restaurant bugs?

Is there a problem with restaurants? My food seems to be taking forever to come out and it seems that the game is constantly resetting. Is there something wrong with the Chef Station?

Comments

• Options
    MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    Could you explain more what you mean by "the game is constantly resetting"?

I've noticed the more sims on the lot, the longer the food takes. I make sure to get seated by the hostess as soon as I get to the lot, and order right when my sims sit down so they get their order in the kitchen before the rest of the sims on the lot. Not sure if this helps.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Check in the kitchen, is there anything "hanging" over the chef's cooking counter, even if its a decorative lamp or item? If so that could be the issue, try to delete any decor that is in front of the chef's counter.
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    I think there some new issues. I have never had problems with restaurants except for that one that Maxis Creator made I think that was glitched (I forget the name of it). I use Chez Llama all the time and never had an issue until lately - everything seemed to be cancelling out - I could not tell if the order they placed had cancelled out or not because the 'wait for food' dropped out of their queues and it was taking forever. I did notice this time that a lot of sims showed up and they were all bunched up and dancing by the piano (there is one of those wall stereos there). I deleted the stereo and all the sims just stood there. Finally gave up and left. Also tried a hot dog stand I have used many times before with no problems and though they did finally get their food after a long wait - there were some of the same issues with the 'wait for food' dropping from their queues and they kept resetting, pooping out of their seats.
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    Thanks! I deleted and bought my chef stations again, remodeled the kitchen so there is more room. It's working normally now.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Dine Out and waiting for food queues still work well for me, even in my modded games. Though interestingly enough after I got Parenthood, a lot more people started getting up and dancing to stereos. They never really did that before I got the pack...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I have a similar issue, sometimes my sims don't get their order, as if the restaurant had completely forgotten about it. It's annoying. And last time my sim and her friend were the only customers.
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I have a similar issue, sometimes my sims don't get their order, as if the restaurant had completely forgotten about it. It's annoying. And last time my sim and her friend were the only customers.

This just happened to me when I played the other day. My sims ordered their food and it never came. The chefs were cooking and the waiters were present, but the chefs just never put the food up.
  • Options
    MowadingMowading Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, so in my game whenever I go to a restaurant before my sims can eat other RANDOM sims come by the table and steal the food. Like what is this a free for all I don't think so! Is there any way I can fix this?
  • Options
    flippinmaryflippinmary Posts: 180 Member
    Mowading wrote: »
    Hi, so in my game whenever I go to a restaurant before my sims can eat other RANDOM sims come by the table and steal the food. Like what is this a free for all I don't think so! Is there any way I can fix this?

That happens to me too. And also if my sims order full 3 courses, the waiter only brings the dessert.
  • Options
    amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    >[quote="Mowading;c-17147103"]Hi, so in my game whenever I go to a restaurant before my sims can eat other RANDOM sims come by the table and steal the food. Like what is this a free for all I don't think so! Is there any way I can fix this?[/quote]

This is a known bug. There is a report out on it that you can click “me too” on but unfortunately I can’t find it now to share with you :(

0IzRxZE.jpg