Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

my sims keep waking up

I downloaded the Dreamers from the gallery, I also downloaded a house for them. their beds are comfortable. but they keep waking up and missing things in their queue. Their energy bar isn't full and they wake up. they don't need to pee or eat, everything in the green. is this a bug??
The good news is they just had triplets, I think the first in born game triplets in any of my sims4 games. 2 girls and a boy.

Comments

• Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Congrats on triplets, that's rare. Do sims wake up immediately when they go to sleep?
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    I've had that happen before, I think it is a bug but it's a very annoying one. Try repairing your game, see if that helps? I had it with the very first set of twins in my legacy and then haven't had it since that I can remember.
  • Options
    dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member
    Is there a radio or TV playing near the bed? That can wake them up.
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    No Tv or radio, their bedrooms just have beds and a dresser. the cat doesn't even wake them up. and it was before the babies were born, and it continues. when there grown into children I'll repair my game. they go to bed a couple of hours and get up, with their energy bar under half full.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Perhaps, being new parents, they're just waking in anticipation of the baby(ies) waking up. Just because they're triplets, doesn't mean they're on the exact same schedule. Most likely this IS a bug. Try repairing your game as the other poster suggested. Best of luck with removing said bug and on the birth of the triplets. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Does the family have pets? Dogs and cats can wake sims up unless they've been trained not to. It happens to my sims all the time.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    The cat used to wake them up. but not anymore, his been trained not to. But they are still waking up. I've been playing them all day today. they were waking up before the triplets were born. I keep having to send them back to bed.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    earbuds?
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited February 2018
    If you're not against using mods, you could try this: http://littlemssam.de/sleep-all-night/
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited February 2018
    edit: im an idiot lol
  • Options
    jr866goonerjr866gooner Posts: 6 New Member
    Are you in a city living apartment? I have noisy neighbours at the moment. Gf is pregnant so not looking forward to when baby arrives. I’m thinking we might need to be looking at our own house before long once the baby arrives!
  • Options
    MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    I would command them to sleep, and then while they're sleeping, command sleep again, so even if they wake up, they'll go right back to bed.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I would command them to sleep, and then while they're sleeping, command sleep again, so even if they wake up, they'll go right back to bed.

I'm going to try this one I keep having an adult sim wake up despite looking for any other problem.. no electronics in the room, pets are locked out. I'm almost thinking it's because I downloaded the lot... she has no problem sleeping through the night in the butlers (single) bed with the doors unlocked. It's a mystery.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    Pets can wake up sims through the walls. They don't have to be in the bedroom to wake up your sim.
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Pets can wake up sims through the walls. They don't have to be in the bedroom to wake up your sim.

Thanks I wasn't sure ... I don't remember seeing any type of training for cats to stop doing that so far I'll look when I go back to it. I started playing a house with 3 dog's and I saw where you can lecture them :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    My household were sleeping properly when I last played them. whatever it was seems to have gone. I'm playing a different household now. I hope anyone else with the same problem gets it sorted.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I just had this problem with a vampire household that has no pets, no children, no electronics. They won't sleep through the day and keep getting out of their coffins in the middle of the afternoon. Once I send them back in they seem to stay in for the most part. I wonder if there's a glitch that's causing an event, kind of like the monster under the bed, but it's just waking up Sims for no reason? I do use mods and CC so I haven't completely ruled that out.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    if there is nothing else even as a glitch is there a low need? I noticed some of my sims don't stay in bed if their other needs are getting lower.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    > @feetinstockings said:
    > I downloaded the Dreamers from the gallery, I also downloaded a house for them. their beds are comfortable. but they keep waking up and missing things in their queue. Their energy bar isn't full and they wake up. they don't need to pee or eat, everything in the green. is this a bug??
    > The good news is they just had triplets, I think the first in born game triplets in any of my sims4 games. 2 girls and a boy.

Not sure if this is still happening, but the last time I played this kept happening. I use no cc and have been playing the same household for quite a while, seems like it happened after I bought the last packs, Cats and Dogs and one another that was on sale.
  • Options
    brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    > @jr866gooner said:
    > Are you in a city living apartment? I have noisy neighbours at the moment. Gf is pregnant so not looking forward to when baby arrives. I’m thinking we might need to be looking at our own house before long once the baby arrives!

haha, I was in the apartment in city living, and my lady had triplet's I was shocked, moved the family because the family across from me was so loud, our relationship meter was at "mortal enemies" I believe, went over to bang on their door to quiet down, the lady came out, my sim and the lady got into a heated discussion, she got so mad (neighbor) that she died from anger, the grim reaper came and I pleaded for him to save her...lol, long story short we moved, next apartment didn't even play long, triplets was more than I could handle lol
  • Options
    TistouTistou Posts: 72 Member
    Does resetting the sim work for you? I had this problem yesterday (I'll try the game today again and see if it remains), and I thought it was because my sim put some item in the pocket instead of putting it on the table before going to bed, as that used to be a problem with the toddlers. Toddlers were always fixed with resetsim though, and I tried this on my sim and it didn't work.
    It's in an apartment and the neighbours weren't noisy at the moment. Although, the night before the neighbours were noisy and I didn't get the option to bang on the door! I had to travel to another block with my sims and return and then it wasn't noisy any more. But I'm wondering if this is the same bug, that they can't sleep because the noise didn't end properly (by banging on the door or just waiting for them to become quiet).
    I turned of the lights and put curtains on the window because I figured, maybe it's too light to sleep, but they're still awake. And no, they haven't had coffee and the mood isn't light green (I don't know what that mood is called in English).