Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plumbob is part of anatomy of a sim?

This is the question, and also my theory

Plumbob is really part of a sim, instead be only a visual effect to say us this is the active sim

Get to Work and other expansions let me say it
With GtW we have an illless called irritated plumbob, and at Get Together at plumbob is the icon of the club. Of course also with Vampires we have an vampire indicator (a different plumbob?) if the sim is vampire or become vampire

Then, is the plumbob part of a sim?

Comments

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    If it is, it's gotta be invisible, because nobody can tell my sim is an alien even with that thing on his plumbob.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,063 Member
    edited February 2018
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    If it is, it's gotta be invisible, because nobody can tell my sim is an alien even with that thing on his plumbob.

Interesting
    Maybe it is visible (the ribbon around plumbob) only in their dark/alien/supernatural form
    As well the crown for club leaders, only visible when he/she start the gathering
  • Options
    AnokrahAnokrah Posts: 20 Member
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    > The plumbob is the soul of the sim in that when you choose a sim to play, you give it a soul.

Maybe we are the god of their world and that is why we can see their souls
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I don't think its there soul because if I remember right there's an illness called itchy plumbob
    and as far as I know your soul can't itch also in the sims 2 the babies come from there plumbob
    https://youtu.be/kMC3THqO3iY

https://youtu.be/NYV8vo0X_SE
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    I don't think its there soul because if I remember right there's an illness called itchy plumbob
    and as far as I know your soul can't itch also in the sims 2 the babies come from there plumbob

If the baby comes out the plumbob - does that mean that.... Okay no I'll stop myself there lol.

tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

If the baby comes out the plumbob - does that mean that.... Okay no I'll stop myself there lol.

that's what I was thinking to @Purrdalecki
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Maybe the plum bob is the real sim and the sims is the real plum bob
  • Options
    nellynxnellynx Posts: 34 Member
    It could be an internal organ but because we control them we can see it on the outside? Almost like X-ray vision?
    UlpuBp.gif

• Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    The plumbob is the soul of the sim in that when you choose a sim to play, you give it a soul.

This makes way too much sense, actually. And if you pair it with sims giving birth in TS2, you can say that children start out as a piece of their parents' soul.

So apparently there's a disease that causes their souls to itch. Interesting.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
  • Options
    ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    I just got out of my philosophy class for the day and this is making my day so much better
  • Options
    GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    I'm very much sure it isn't, considering none of my Sims have one.
    Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
  • Options
    Cebu2coolCebu2cool Posts: 46 Member
    I agree with Kuroi in part. The plumbob is an aura, similar to an Angel's halo. But definitely not as sacred.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Kuroi wrote: »
    The plumbob is the sims' halo. The moment they've got it above their heads they are touched by God (player).

For better or worse.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,351 Member
    I never saw the plumbob as real, just like a TV camera isn't really part of a medieval battlefield scene that's being filmed.

But if I had to integrate it in the world somehow, I'd say the plumbob is the aura a sims is casting. Only a few gifted persons can see plumbobs and those gifted ones can tell exactly if a person is a vampire, alien or humand and also how that person is feeling.
  • Options
    AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    edited February 2018
    I'm going to go the boring route and say that it is simply an indicator for the player. It's not part of Sim anatomy and the fact that there is a plumbob disease is just a nod to the player for fun.
    And just as I was about to hit enter on my comment I remembered the collectable "thingamabob" fossil which is, of course, a plumbob. Although with the name it has it would indicate that Sims don't actually know what a plumbob is.
    Post edited by Alistu on
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    let us dive into the sims lore guys

this was in the ending of the sims 2 psp
    ATOfHhk.png
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    edited February 2018
    So we the simmers are the plum bob
  • Options
    filipomel wrote: »

We're the true heart and soul of this series

• Options
    KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
  • Options
    Kuroi wrote: »
    No, the plumbob shows that the sim is enlightened - by the player. ;)

Do you mean if I travel to sim wotld I will no see plumbobs over each sim?
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Who is to say we are not the Sims themselves being controlled by someone? ;)
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »

Because I no see my plumbob?
  • Options
    leo3487 wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »

Because I no see my plumbob?

Sims don't seem to either ;)