Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think theres a chance we COULD get active school for Teens and Children , like get to work?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Elleysims wrote: »
    I wouldn't follow my kids to school to much probably but what they could do that would be great is to just let the kids have a hang out with friends option. All they can do is meet new kids but not hang out with them. Same with toddlers and meeting friends in day care and if they know how to talk, maybe tell the parents. That way, you can actually invite toddlers to parties. Right now, school just feels like a huge time sink that doesn't benefit the child.

It does that's why I want a school gamepack if it can't be like gtw which I do kind of like idea but since from the beginning how buggy gtw was/is I'm kind of on the fence but like I mentioned in my previous post have kids and teens do assignments and study it will also give them a little more things to do. Along with hanging with friends having study groups and etc.
  • Options
    ElleysimsElleysims Posts: 133 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I wouldn't follow my kids to school to much probably but what they could do that would be great is to just let the kids have a hang out with friends option. All they can do is meet new kids but not hang out with them. Same with toddlers and meeting friends in day care and if they know how to talk, maybe tell the parents. That way, you can actually invite toddlers to parties. Right now, school just feels like a huge time sink that doesn't benefit the child.

It does that's why I want a school gamepack if it can't be like gtw which I do kind of like idea but since from the beginning how buggy gtw was/is I'm kind of on the fence but like I mentioned in my previous post have kids and teens do assignments and study it will also give them a little more things to do. Along with hanging with friends having study groups and etc.

Yea, GTW would be the first scary thing if they implemented this for school. Imagine going to school and not being able to complete school objectives due to bugs and then your kid would fail school.

Also, when I am not on the same lot controlling my sims, I feel like they don't actually do what you tell them to do. When I leave sims at home and tell them to socialize or build skills, they seem to not gain any increase in relationship, skill, or even the social bar sometimes. So as much as I'd like follow the kids to school, I probably wouldn't since all my other sims will lose out on a lot of time. I liked sims 3 university but that froze time in the main world. I don't know how it would be done on a day by day thing for regular school
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »

Yea, GTW would be the first scary thing if they implemented this for school. Imagine going to school and not being able to complete school objectives due to bugs and then your kid would fail school.

Also, when I am not on the same lot controlling my sims, I feel like they don't actually do what you tell them to do. When I leave sims at home and tell them to socialize or build skills, they seem to not gain any increase in relationship, skill, or even the social bar sometimes. So as much as I'd like follow the kids to school, I probably wouldn't since all my other sims will lose out on a lot of time. I liked sims 3 university but that froze time in the main world. I don't know how it would be done on a day by day thing for regular school

Compared to Sims 2 and Sims 3 I actually liked the uni in Sims 3 because Sims 2 literally froze time you couldn't go anywhere for the next 8 sim weeks but Sims 3 I actually liked it wasn't excruciating long like Sims 2 and everyone could go to college and get a degree. I also want the Private School back because impressing the headmaster was fun.
  • Options
    KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    I think a school would work better if we were able to play as the teacher, instead of the students. I think it would be more fun to influence what is happening in the classroom than controlling only one student. Being a teacher means you would have to make sure all of your students learn enough to pass the test, but students are of course going to need help. When students perform badly, you might have to talk to the parents, who aren't always going to accept what you're telling them. Some students might disrupt class and distract others, or they might cheat on their test. As a teacher you would have to pay attention to all of them. It would be neat if we were able to select our own class, in the same way we are able to make groups in Get Together. Maybe a teacher career could work a bit like a club. But instead of selecting club activities you are selecting class activities and creating class rules. I think this could also tie in with homeschooling.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I hope there is a high chance we'll see something like this in the game. I would love to travel to school with my sims, it would add another realistic level to the game. I would also love being able to be an active teacher...I loved making my sims teachers in Sims 3.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    aprilrose wrote: »
    I hope there is a high chance we'll see something like this in the game. I would love to travel to school with my sims, it would add another realistic level to the game. I would also love being able to be an active teacher...I loved making my sims teachers in Sims 3.

Definitely! It would be a great way to tie with those things in . Certainly active school is just as realistic and more entertaining than doing our laundry lol :) the school idea was included in a poll before so fingers crossed :)<3@aprilrose
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    You wouldnt have to buy it. So being "happy" about it is just crazy. Why would you be happy that a gameplay style you dont like isnt being implemented? It just doesnt make sense. For example, if someone doesnt like supernatural they dont have to buy it, but you say you would be happier if no one else had the option to play that way, is just weird to me in my opinion
    i am pretty sure everyone realizes that they aren't forced to buy anything. this pack would take up the space of other potential packs that people other than you might prefer, that is why they might be "happy" that this pack is not created. maxis/ea will only create so many packs.
    Well you could just not buy the pack. Kind of like vampires or different types of play. I still want it if others dont.
    that doesn't work here. vampires has already been made, there's no use in complaining about it. your idea is still just an idea (that other people have brought up before too iirc), it's best for people who do not want this to voice it now.
    and yea, you can want whatever you want. no one is telling you not to. (..or at least i wasn't)
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    I would love one, my Teen self was aged up because he was too boring it was pretty much Wake up, part time job, school, homework, eat, sleep and repeat. Granted I don't have Get Together. I would love it if they also made it where if you have parenthood, your sims can tell off Kids and Teens who cut class if they find out, I would like more sneaky stuff.

Here are my hopes:
    1. Children and Teens go to school, option of weather you want to go with them or not.
    2. Become a Teacher and work your way up, if you work your way up you can still teach.
    3. Be a strict Teacher who gives office sit outs all the time or time outs. Send students to buddy class, but first, give a warning.
    4. Students can be respectful and polite or can cause trouble.
    5. Go on breaks/Recess (Morning Tea) and Lunch.
    6. Join and create Lunchtime clubs, Students or Teachers can run these in break times. Examples include Chess, Book club, Movies club and more. Focus on maximum of 2 things per club.
    7. For High school, do different subjects.
    8. Be mean and bully fellow Sims or be kind and make friends.
    9. Be the "It Kid" or "Athletic Kid" etc.
    10. Play on play equipment, take part in Soccer, etc.
    11. Bring food from home, sometimes Parents can still make Teens lunch but generally Teens will want to make their own and choose what's in it.
    12. Get an embarrassed mood if your Mum/Dad is a teacher and you come with them to school, you can leave early to go with the parent.
    13. School Uniform, this would be optional and could be changed for a casual look or a more formal look.
    14. If Your parent is a cool teacher, get a happy moodlet or something, because other kids/teens like you.
    15. Beg for money from Parents or do a few extra chores to earn money to buy from the café.
    16. Influence the school through SRC/Student Leadership, you can help decide uniform or no uniform, the food in the cafeteria ranging from poor, unhealthy yucky food to Excellent, Healthy , Yummy food. Also influence a few other things.
    17. New words, so words that are: Mr./Dr. (If university comes one day)/Miss./Mrs./Ms. Sims last name and Sir and Ma'am or Madam and Miss and set preferences for what you want students to call you.
    18. Exercise/Jogging clubs.
    19. Cooking classes.
    20. Wood work class

There is more but this will do for now, I might be asking for too much, but I thought it would be good to list them all.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    DcD2510 wrote: »
    I would love one, my Teen self was aged up because he was too boring it was pretty much Wake up, part time job, school, homework, eat, sleep and repeat. Granted I don't have Get Together. I would love it if they also made it where if you have parenthood, your sims can tell off Kids and Teens who cut class if they find out, I would like more sneaky stuff.

Here are my hopes:
    1. Children and Teens go to school, option of weather you want to go with them or not.
    2. Become a Teacher and work your way up, if you work your way up you can still teach.
    3. Be a strict Teacher who gives office sit outs all the time or time outs. Send students to buddy class, but first, give a warning.
    4. Students can be respectful and polite or can cause trouble.
    5. Go on breaks/Recess (Morning Tea) and Lunch.
    6. Join and create Lunchtime clubs, Students or Teachers can run these in break times. Examples include Chess, Book club, Movies club and more. Focus on maximum of 2 things per club.
    7. For High school, do different subjects.
    8. Be mean and bully fellow Sims or be kind and make friends.
    9. Be the "It Kid" or "Athletic Kid" etc.
    10. Play on play equipment, take part in Soccer, etc.
    11. Bring food from home, sometimes Parents can still make Teens lunch but generally Teens will want to make their own and choose what's in it.
    12. Get an embarrassed mood if your Mum/Dad is a teacher and you come with them to school, you can leave early to go with the parent.
    13. School Uniform, this would be optional and could be changed for a casual look or a more formal look.
    14. If Your parent is a cool teacher, get a happy moodlet or something, because other kids/teens like you.
    15. Beg for money from Parents or do a few extra chores to earn money to buy from the café.
    16. Influence the school through SRC/Student Leadership, you can help decide uniform or no uniform, the food in the cafeteria ranging from poor, unhealthy yucky food to Excellent, Healthy , Yummy food. Also influence a few other things.
    17. New words, so words that are: Mr./Dr. (If university comes one day)/Miss./Mrs./Ms. Sims last name and Sir and Ma'am or Madam and Miss and set preferences for what you want students to call you.
    18. Exercise/Jogging clubs.
    19. Cooking classes.
    20. Wood work class

There is more but this will do for now, I might be asking for too much, but I thought it would be good to list them all.

You have to many good ideas! Thanks for contributing to the thread <3<3<3@DcD2510
  • Options
    It has always bothered me that there isn't a payoff for school . Not even a graduation ceremony! I really want a "Get To School" pack o:)<3<3
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I think theres always a chance.

I would love to go to school with my teens. since most of my stories happen while they are at school.

I would love to design my own campus,
    The Name, School colors, Mascot, Headmaster, Teachers, Coaches.
    the idolized sport, most people enjoy American football, for me it's Soccer.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    In one of the EP surveys there was an active school listed, so I think it's possible and I hope we get it. It would be something new since we've never been able tp take kids and teens inside the schools before. I think they could make it a GP instead of shoehorning it into University
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    mika wrote: »
    In one of the EP surveys there was an active school listed, so I think it's possible and I hope we get it. It would be something new since we've never been able tp take kids and teens inside the schools before. I think they could make it a GP instead of shoehorning it into University

Most likely it'll probably get shoehorned into University anyway...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png