Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Granite Falls - laundry not working.

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    I am with you @applefeather2 ! Got to try everything at least once :smiley:

PS! Love those screenshots <3
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    edited January 2018
    There was a point during development of the pack where laundry would still be generated in Granite Falls and on retail lots, as behind the scenes in the game's code they're considered "owned" lots, which sometimes means the same thing in the game's logic as your home lot. We did work to ensure laundry would only be generated on your home lot to preserve consistent behavior of the feature across the game, as well as to avoid a number of edge case issues that temporary ownership of other lots could generate when interacting with the laundry system.

..... I feel like it shouldve stayed that way...
    Why would a sim bring dirty laundry on vacation with them? Players would probably do it once to try. Then.... Not often after that.
    And what about players who do home businesses/vet clinics or restaurants? Players who buy an empty lot, keep it empty, and live on retail lots? They just... Dont get laundry?
    Edit: Esspecially since laundry doesn't spawn without a hamper. So if a player places it on vacation or retail then obviously the player wants laundry to generate.

• Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    EA_Mage wrote: »
    I am with you @applefeather2 ! Got to try everything at least once :smiley:

PS! Love those screenshots <3
    Thank you. :)

• Options
    dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    Hey all, I see some others from EA beat me to it, but I wanted to stop in and add my own note. What has already been shared is correct... while you can place laundry objects on any lot, generating laundry when changing clothes will only happen when on your Sim's home lot. Similarly, you'll only get the laundry buffs when changing your clothing while on your home lot. If you've placed laundry objects in Granite Falls, and you bring your dirty clothing along with you, you're welcome to wash and dry them there - the same way you can on any other lot.

I don't recall what I specifically said during the livestream, but it's entirely possible I got the details on how this works in Granite Falls wrong. There was a point during development of the pack where laundry would still be generated in Granite Falls and on retail lots, as behind the scenes in the game's code they're considered "owned" lots, which sometimes means the same thing in the game's logic as your home lot. We did work to ensure laundry would only be generated on your home lot to preserve consistent behavior of the feature across the game, as well as to avoid a number of edge case issues that temporary ownership of other lots could generate when interacting with the laundry system.

Hope that helps; let me know if you have other questions.

Oh, shucks. :'(
  • Options
    MuziemanMuzieman Posts: 46 Member
    Bit of a shame. I had hoped to use a washing machine on my home lot and a tub on my rental.
  • Options
    millers72011millers72011 Posts: 47 Member
    What really sucks about this is that I just made a really cool retail/home lot and they can't generate laundry here. I really wanted to use the new pack but I also don't want to get rid of their store.
  • Options
    GeekeryGeekery Posts: 46 Member
    Thanks for this thread. Someone told me to repair my game, but I didn't want to go through doing that because I knew something had to give. I guess I changed clothes on the home lot and I didn't realize it at first because my sim was doing his laundry on vacation in Jungle Adventure. Then suddenly, he couldn't wash anything anymore. Now It makes sense. Thanks.
    [Fan since The Sims]