Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Chase Bayless, on a mission to save simkind

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member

In the evening of that first day, the Pollination Technicians brought the human boys to the Science Centre in the cover of dark. Bryce, who could understand the language spoken on Bellatrix fairly well, explained to Moon that Xi´men´toh would give them basic education.
    30638099907_8af5e0a782_k.jpg

The Pollination technicians had seemed frightening at first, but Bryce seemed calm around them and XI´men´toh was being very gentle communicating with the human boys. Xi´men´toh and Bryce was working together giving Moon the basics of the language.
    30638099497_ee20644295_h.jpg
    45528646972_b348e68eba_h.jpg

Moon took notes, eager to be the dutiful student, and quite frankly terrified of doing something that would anger the green giant.
    45528646902_573c18fb82_h.jpg

“My name is Moon”, Moon said, at least he thought that´s what he said. The words were so alien to him he could barely understand they came out of his mouth.
    45528646852_945022f7b6_h.jpg

Xi´men´toh seemed content with that for a first night, and through Bryce he explained they would have dinner up in the cafeteria above the laboratory. Moon followed Xi´men´toh upstairs and through a windowed corridor above ground. Xi´men´toh demonstrated how to get sanitized before entering the cafeteria.
    45528646802_5a8e2eb391_b.jpg
    45528646782_6c57d81151_b.jpg

He did not bother with demonstrating the details and standing in front of the strange looking and clearly advanced technological device Moon felt like a complete idiot. How was he supposed to live on a planet where he was just not smart enough to understand the basics of life?
    45528646752_2fbc814704_b.jpg

Suddenly the device came to life and blasted him with some sort of waves that felt as if they cleaned him both inside and outside.
    45528646672_61366496db_h.jpg

Feeling a bit uncomfortable and just a tad too clean, Moon stepped through the door into the cafeteria where the Pollinations technicians were already seated, having their meal.
    45528646472_581ccec715_b.jpg

The food synthesizers were identical to the one at the Pollination technicians’ home, and Bryce had told him how to operate that, so at least he knew how to feed himself. As he walked past Gehl´den Tov on his way to the food synthesizer he caught the disgusted noise made by the alien.
    “Why must the smelly things eat with us”, Gehl´den Tov asked Xi´men´toh, wrinkling his nose.
    “Would you rather they starve?”
    Being able to say “My name is Moon” was not enough to understand what was said, but the tone in Gehl´den Tovs´ voice was not friendly.
    30638100547_5c0e5e615f_h.jpg

Gingerly Moon sat down with the Pollination technicians, not daring to look at Gehl´den Tov. He could sense the displeasure coming of the alien, he just didn´t understand it. Bryce had told him Gehl´den Tov was unfriendly, but that he didn´t need to fear him. He didn´t need to fear any of them.
    “It is sitting next to me”, Gehl´den Tov stiffly said to Xi´men´toh. “Why is it sitting next to me?!”
    30638100467_ea86080770_h.jpg

Moon felt the awkwardness even though he didn´t understand the words. Gehl´den Tov was stiff as a board, oozing hostility. He didn´t know why he chose to sit next to the hostile alien, he could have sat next to Xi´men´toh. Should he get up? Would that antagonize the alien even more?
    45528647352_79b03d3f2a_k.jpg

Moon stayed seated through many uncomfortable minutes until he had finished his bowl of fruit and Xi´men´toh rose to his feet, allowing Moon to do the same.
    45528646622_f99af322e1_h.jpg

Moon was showed by Xi´men´toh to wait in the cafeteria when he and Gehl´den Tov left. Shortly after Bryce and Di´hyb came in and they all sat down while Di´hyb and Bryce ate. Di´hyb explained to them that he would take them back to the house, where they would wait until the Pollination technicians came home. Bryce told Moon that Di´hyb was saying they would be going to Oasis Landing this night, just as soon as they could be sure everyone else was asleep.
    45528647312_c2d64cc8f8_k.jpg

After bringing the human boys back to the house, Di´hyb returned to the Science Centre where the Pollination technicians spent a few more hours working while waiting for the right time to travel in time.
    30638100197_6a70f4b027_k.jpg
    45528647232_f46c126eca_h.jpg
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited October 2018
    @ZhakiraP It has to be turned into a homeworld for babies to be born. The sequence to follow is listed on the faq's for traveler at the new Nraas site if they have them fixed. If not they have a link to the wayback machine.
    If you are doing the world as a prolonged vacation type then no babies. Sims can get pregnant, but the pregnancy is pause in vacation world.

I enjoyed the update. Moon looks properly terrified in those pictures! I want to reach out and give him a reassuring hug, except I'm not sure it would help. The aliens are certainly not fond of humans!
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @ZhakiraP , This thread has been bookmarked so I can keep up when I'm not in the other thread..want to read it all from the start. :smiley:
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @ZhakiraP Poor Moon :( Everything is so confusing for him and, even though he can't understand the language, the seething hostility would be scary.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,020 Member
    @ZhakiraP Well, in one sense, I'm glad these aliens aren't keeping the boys in cages like animals. They're educating them, feeding them, and keeping them clean. But they're still prisoners, and the aliens think of them as "smelly things." I worry what plans the technicians have for the human boys. Those aliens seem to be cold, heartless beings. I also wonder if Benton taking on the name of Moon will some day trigger a memory of his distant home. By then, it may be too late, though.
  • Options

The three Pollination technicians and the two human boys arrived in Oasis Landing late in the afternoon. It was an impressive city. Sleek, white buildings, reaching up towards the sky with a backdrop of majestic mountains.
    45553242152_493a7c5f76_k.jpg

Bryce was already getting anxious about being back in Oasis Landing.
    “I wish I didn´t remember life here”, he mumbled as he and Moon stood on the roof top of the visitors’ center, overlooking the city. Moon waited for him to continue, but he didn´t. He looked a million miles away, lost in his memories.
    30662882977_8475a7acba_k.jpg

Di´hyb joined them by the glass railing, his black eyes on Bryce.
    “We won´t be here for long”, the alien said. “24 hours at the most”.
    Bryce nodded, almost imperceptibly, and he did seem to relax somewhat.
    45553241942_a36847c449_k.jpg

“You are responsible for the new boy while we are here, Gehl´den Tov”, Xi´men´toh ordered. “Make sure he doesn´t get lost”.
    30662882897_0d57e5cc69_k.jpg

“Let´s all head down to the cafeteria”, Xi´men´toh called out, “We will eat and then the humans will be showed to their room. We will have a busy day tomorrow. For tonight I expect you both to stay in close proximity to the human boys and make certain they are safe”.
    Gehl´den Tov only nodded curtly.
    30662882817_099e694037_h.jpg

The food in the cafeteria was not nearly as good as the good Moon had tasted from the food synthesizers at the Science Centre on Bellatrix. Bryce told him the technology was very advanced on Bellatrix, even compared to the future. Bryce said that Di´hyb had told him that the technology was originally created on Bellatrix, and the scientists in Oasis Landing had yet to perfect it.
    30662881717_f5897805c4_k.jpg

There was a lady giving both Moon and Bryce strange looks. Looks Moon didn´t understand. She greeted them and kept winking, as if she had something caught in her eye. Bryce completely ignored her, and Moon thought it best to follow his example.
    30662882737_79c723c4ab_h.jpg

The Pollination technicians was not bothered by the residents of Oasis Landing. Their size and their space suits kept humans at a distance, and in Oasis Landing the people knew well who the visitors were and what kind of powers they had.
    45603770801_a74524d1b5_k.jpg

When they had all finished their meal Xi´men´toh rose to his feet and approached the human boys.
    “You will go to your room, we will fetch you there in the morning, but until then you will rest and stay away from other people”. Bryce gave off a small sigh but nudged Moons side.
    “We have been ordered to got to our room, best not to tarry. Come on I´ll show you”.
    45603770641_386780112b_h.jpg

The room they had been assigned to was decorated in yellow. There was only one bed, but big enough to fit them both.
    45553240132_3845a9b8e5_k.jpg

“I´m going to sleep”, Moon said. “I don´t think I can keep my eyes open one more minute”.
    “I´ll join you in a bit” Bryce said, wondering how he would be able to sleep at all. He stood by the window, his gaze lost into the distance, his thoughts a jumbled mess of memories and remnants of memories that didn´t seem to belong anywhere.
    45603770491_d9945ac929_k.jpg

Almost an hour later, with Moon sound asleep, Bryce finally gave in. He put his shirt on. He needed to get out of this room. He needed air, space, something. He was filled to the brim with anxiety that tore away at him, from memories he didn´t want. From memories he didn’t fully understand.
    45603770301_e90346b082_b.jpg
    30662882297_377fedbc11_k.jpg

The corridors of the visitors´ center was empty. He was grateful for that. He wanted to think, he didn´t want to think. He wanted comfort, he wanted solitude. He wanted anything but the feelings that were tearing him apart.
    30662882157_e058f37bc8_h.jpg
    45603770001_307ce81d47_k.jpg

Bryce walked up to one of the big windows in the common room, from where he could overlook the city. It was so familiar. So heartbreakingly familiar. It reminded him of his worst moments.
    45603769851_0cfc668dbf_h.jpg

He had been broken. Weak and torn apart, just the shell of a being. He had only lived one day at a time, and most days he had wished there would be no tomorrow. Bryce didn’t notice when Di´hyb teleported into the room.
    30662881897_5133bd051f_k.jpg

“You´re awake”. Di´hyb stated as he walked up behind Bryce. Bryce nodded. He felt oddly comforted by the presence of the Pollination technician. Or perhaps it wasn´t so odd, he thought. Di´hyb had always had that effect on him. Ever since he woke up to discover he had been abducted by an alien.
    “You didn´t have to come”, Di´hyb said quietly behind him, “you could have stayed on Bellatrix”.
    “I know” Bryce said slowly “But I wanted to come”, he paused, “I remembered something”.
    Di´hyb didn´t speak. He was waiting for Bryce to continue.
    “I remember a house”, Bryce said. He fell silent. Di´hyb said nothing.
    45603769651_7f6c306af2_h.jpg

“I think I remember a family”, Bryce continued. “I know I have asked you to take away my memories, and I wanted that… he fell silent.
    “But you are remembering” Di´hyb finished, “some of it, at least”.
    “Yes, I think so”.
    45603769471_a24a6274aa_b.jpg

“I know that house”, Di´hyb said, “I can take you there”.
    30662881607_f2e39f1f80_b.jpg
  • Options
    @ZhakiraP Poor Bryce. I wonder what could have happened to him that he would want his memories removed? Di´hyb seems very gentle with him and seems also to want to help. Looking forward to your next update and learning more about Bryce's past.
  • Options
    @bekkasan ah, thanks for the info, and for reading! And I am sure Moon could use a hug or a thousand :)

@Charlottesmom Thanks! I appreciate you reading.

@Mikezumi Thanks for reading :) I hope to make things clearer eventually :p

@lanlyn Thank you for reading! The Pollination technicians, or the POTS as they are commonly referred to on Bellatrix, are highly advanced and well beyond locking someone in a cage, thankfully :p
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Next thing Bryce knew the air grew hot around him as he was spun out of existence and back in again. Then he felt the firm soil under the soles of his sneakers and as the electricity crackled and settled around him he could see he was out on the country side. Behind him he felt the solid presence of the Pollination technician. He knew Di´hyb had teleported them, and the words rang in his ears; “I know that house, I can take you there”.
    30665207157_4035d7dbdb_h.jpg

The house.
    Ever since the Pollination technicians had done what he begged them to do, taken memories, he had not known about the house. But it had started coming back to him lately. It had started a few weeks ago. First it had only been fragments in his dreams.
    A face. The sound of a woman´s voice. A hand rushing towards him in the dark.
    Then he met Moon. Something had affected him and crept inside his mind and brought out ghosts from the past that he had thought expelled forever. He had started remembering.
    A room.
    So dark. Fear. And then, the night before, he woke up with a vivid picture locked on his retina.
    A house. An old house made of wood, with paint beginning to peel off the surface, in the middle of nowhere. The rest was only glimpses, the face of a woman, the sound of a girl crying. But he knew it had to be memories.

Now, he was standing in front of the house he had seen in his dreams. The old, white wooden house was real.
    30665207107_a612e460b7_h.jpg

“The house is real”, Bryce said, astounded. “It is really real”.
    The Pollination technician didn´t say anything. He watched the human, as if assessing his mental state, determining whether it was time to intercede or not.
    “The people who lived here…” Bryce continued, “Are they here?”
    “No” Di´hyb said. “They are not”.
    30665207957_ed6e1cc3c7_b.jpg

“The woman, a little girl and a man…” Bryce whispered, “were they my family?”
    The Pollination technician didn´t answer him. These were questions Bryce had to answer himself.
    45555565412_6f932032c4_h.jpg

“I remember the little girl, her name was Mere”, said Bryce, trying to make sense of the dreams, but they were shrouded in veils, slipping away when he got too close, lurking in hidden rooms of his clouded mind. “She was crying…” he whispered, “Always crying…” His shoulders slumped, as if weary from carrying the weight of memories from the past.
    “I remember a woman”, he continued, “My mother?” Bits and pieces came back as he was staring at the house. There was a big window next to the front door, and he could see the living room through the glass. “My father used to sit in an old armchair in there. He liked to smoke a pipe. Me and Mere would sit on the couch and he would talk to us. We were only children. Mere was a couple of years younger than me”. He fell silent.
    44881731474_5e7c63c22f_b.jpg

“The people who lived here came from the old world, they came through the portal and settled here”. Di´hyb said.
    45555565252_7b57e8dee2_b.jpg

“They did”, Bryce said “My father spoke of the old world. I was very young, no more than ten or eleven, but I don´t think he liked Oasis Landing very much, and he thought the way of life here was undignified”. He looked up at Di´hyb´s face, “Do you think I am really remembering this, or is it my imagination making this up?”
    After a few moments of silence, Bryce continued: “I remember a room. A dark room. And my sister crying. It was cold, and I was afraid. I think I was locked in there”. He knew it was true. He used to curl up in a corner of that tiny room, and eventually he would fall asleep from exhaustion. “Mere wasn´t in there with me, she was outside, begging our parents to let me out, crying. No one listened to her”.
    “I think it went on for years, because I remember being older, thirteen or fourteen, and my father was preaching to me, forcing me to read his holy book, telling me I was useless and unnatural” he stopped, the memories so vivid he didn´t know if he could bear to speak of them anymore. But something compelled him to continue, to get it out, to tell someone. “I wouldn´t read his book, I threw it and I remember it hitting the wall…”
    45555565202_dada004357_h.jpg

“They threw me out of the house and told me not to come back, my father said I was no son of his”. Bryce felt as if it was all happening again, as if he was once again that young boy that nobody could love. “I didn´t understand then why he was saying those things to me, but I knew deep down he was right. I knew I wasn´t going to be the man he wanted me to be, a man like him”.
    “You were no different than any other young person in Oasis Landing”, Di´hyb said, in his usual cool and measured way, “It was your parents who were unable to understand diversity, they were stuck in their old ways”. Bryce found the detachment in Di´hyb´s voice reassuring. At that moment it helped keeping him together.
    “I left the house that night. I refused to be locked in that dark room once more. I left Mere behind, and then… I couldn´t come back. I…” He fell silent once more.
    30665207647_c96e7ff36e_b.jpg

“The horrors of your past can not hurt you anymore. The people who lived here are gone”.
    “But I have done such bad things…” Bryce objected, “I can never be forgiven, I know that”.
    31733914028_2cf8f6bb3c_h.jpg

“There is nothing that you have done that needs to be forgiven, it was your family who did wrong against you. A family doesn´t set conditions for loving each other. And what you have done after that, you did to survive”.
    30665207397_f3490bd293_h.jpg

“I… “ Bryce started but stopped. Was Di´hyb right? Could he be forgiven? Was his father wrong? Was it not unforgivable and unnatural to be the way he was, and to have done what he did… Di´hyb was right, he did it to survive, but he was tainted… “Because of what I am, I am alone…” he mumbled, tears blurring his sight.
    “You are not alone” Di´hyb stated firmly. “You have a new family now”.
    45555565062_0d4e2d41c6_h.jpg

“I.. I do..?” Bryce looked cautiously hopeful, as if he didn´t quite believe Di´hyb could possibly mean what he just said.
    “Certainly”, Di´hyb said. “We couldn´t do without you”.
    45606182811_0dcb2477a2_h.jpg

An awkward silence followed.
    Di´hyb cleared his throat, deeply uncomfortable with the new emotional relationship he himself had initiated.
    45606182741_e69416de4c_b.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @ZhakiraP I enjoyed both updates. :) It so sad learning about Bryce's past, but hopefully he can start living a new life in his future. That was awfully nice of Di'hib to offer reassurance and comfort to Bryce.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,020 Member
    @ZhakiraP Interesting trip to Oasis Landing. The woman's behavior was leading! ...Being back in OL seems to have really upset Bryce--triggering fearful emotions and clouded memories. ...Bryce's father sounds like a cruel, religious fanatic! ...Wow! Maybe Di´hyb has some compassion or even feelings for Bryce! His concern seems genuine, not manipulative.