Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

City Living

My game was running fine with GTW then I got CL and C&D and the game runs bad when ever a CL item is on the lot and when in San Myshuno, and other bugs have amplified.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    There are a few things to do to try to see if they may help with your issues.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if that helps.

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Close all other open windows in the desktop when playing the game and see if that helps.

Lower your graphics settings and see if that helps. Lower the ingame screen resolution in game options
    Check to make sure that your graphics drivers are up todate

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Try playing in off line mode and see if that helps.

If your sims live in San Myshuno, try moving them to another world

If the issues continue, could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to pastebin https://pastebin.com
    and post the link to the file here
  • Options
    EnderGamer87EnderGamer87 Posts: 248 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    There are a few things to do to try to see if they may help with your issues.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if that helps.

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Close all other open windows in the desktop when playing the game and see if that helps.

Lower your graphics settings and see if that helps. Lower the ingame screen resolution in game options
    Check to make sure that your graphics drivers are up todate

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Try playing in off line mode and see if that helps.

If your sims live in San Myshuno, try moving them to another world

If the issues continue, could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to pastebin https://pastebin.com
    and post the link to the file here

Thanks, that seemed to help out some of the bugs.
  • Options
    MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    STILL NO FIX FOR THE COME AND GET IT STORE TABLE AND ART CANVAS SO THE SIMS CAN SELL THEIR STUFF?? IT HAS BEEN BROKE NOW SINCE NOVEMBER 6TH UPDATE. I thought latest patches would address it but still no discussion about it. I have complained on various forums and topics but still no response. Will this issue ever be fixed? Also, why can't i start a separate thread, even as a newbie? Perhaps someone else will be willing to make a separate thread in this category who is not a newbie? Because so far, i see the same complaints by others but no major thread about it. If this feature isn't fixed, I would at least like some of my money refunded on this game.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    STILL NO FIX FOR THE COME AND GET IT STORE TABLE AND ART CANVAS SO THE SIMS CAN SELL THEIR STUFF?? IT HAS BEEN BROKE NOW SINCE NOVEMBER 6TH UPDATE. I thought latest patches would address it but still no discussion about it. I have complained on various forums and topics but still no response. Will this issue ever be fixed? Also, why can't i start a separate thread, even as a newbie? Perhaps someone else will be willing to make a separate thread in this category who is not a newbie? Because so far, i see the same complaints by others but no major thread about it. If this feature isn't fixed, I would at least like some of my money refunded on this game.

Hello @MsKatieRose
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA site thread that refers to the issue
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-Yard-Sales-not-working-anymore/m-p/6405452#M49729

There is usually a blue new discussion button at the top right hand side of the screen in the forum sections. But new discussion threads have been restricted for new members. You are unable to start a new thread until you become a full member. This has been brought in as a result of spambots.
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know
  • Options
    TheSimsFanTheSimsFan Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello, there is a very annoying bug in my game which has something to do with the City Living and Cats & Dogs expansions packs. I live in 1010 Alto Apartments which is located in Uptown. I also have two dogs. My dogs have learnt to do their business outside, but when they need to go potty, they just stand at the front door as if there is an invisible wall stopping them from going outside, or the outside of uptown isn't registered as the outdoors. Even when I ask them to go potty it still is no use. The only way for my dogs to do their business is to either wait for hours and they will just do it inside or if I take them for a walk then encourage them to do it. It would be amazing if this bug was to be patched, and if a developer is reading this, thank you so much for your time. I very much so appreciate it. :)
  • Options
    TheSimsFan wrote: »
    Hello, there is a very annoying bug in my game which has something to do with the City Living and Cats & Dogs expansions packs. I live in 1010 Alto Apartments which is located in Uptown. I also have two dogs. My dogs have learnt to do their business outside, but when they need to go potty, they just stand at the front door as if there is an invisible wall stopping them from going outside, or the outside of uptown isn't registered as the outdoors. Even when I ask them to go potty it still is no use. The only way for my dogs to do their business is to either wait for hours and they will just do it inside or if I take them for a walk then encourage them to do it. It would be amazing if this bug was to be patched, and if a developer is reading this, thank you so much for your time. I very much so appreciate it. :)

Hello
    Other simmers are also having this issue in apartments. Some simmers have found that living in an apartment closer to the ground level when their sims household has pets can help.
  • Options
    MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > MsKatieRose wrote: »
    >
    > STILL NO FIX FOR THE COME AND GET IT STORE TABLE AND ART CANVAS SO THE SIMS CAN SELL THEIR STUFF?? IT HAS BEEN BROKE NOW SINCE NOVEMBER 6TH UPDATE. I thought latest patches would address it but still no discussion about it. I have complained on various forums and topics but still no response. Will this issue ever be fixed? Also, why can't i start a separate thread, even as a newbie? Perhaps someone else will be willing to make a separate thread in this category who is not a newbie? Because so far, i see the same complaints by others but no major thread about it. If this feature isn't fixed, I would at least like some of my money refunded on this game.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @MsKatieRose
    > You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA site thread that refers to the issue
    >

I have already posted on that link back in December when you suggested that link at that time, but there has been no response. Just more people adding their complaints about the same issue.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Options
    TheSimsFanTheSimsFan Posts: 2 New Member
    Okay, i'll keep that in mind. Thank you very much rosemow, for the helpful feedback, and the quick reply! :smiley:

> @rosemow said:
    > TheSimsFan wrote: »
    >
    > Hello, there is a very annoying bug in my game which has something to do with the City Living and Cats & Dogs expansions packs. I live in 1010 Alto Apartments which is located in Uptown. I also have two dogs. My dogs have learnt to do their business outside, but when they need to go potty, they just stand at the front door as if there is an invisible wall stopping them from going outside, or the outside of uptown isn't registered as the outdoors. Even when I ask them to go potty it still is no use. The only way for my dogs to do their business is to either wait for hours and they will just do it inside or if I take them for a walk then encourage them to do it. It would be amazing if this bug was to be patched, and if a developer is reading this, thank you so much for your time. I very much so appreciate it. :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Other simmers are also having this issue in apartments. Some simmers have found that living in an apartment closer to the ground level when their sims household has pets can help.
  • Options
    TheSimsFan wrote: »
    Okay, i'll keep that in mind. Thank you very much rosemow, for the helpful feedback, and the quick reply! :smiley:

> @rosemow said:
    > TheSimsFan wrote: »
    >
    > Hello, there is a very annoying bug in my game which has something to do with the City Living and Cats & Dogs expansions packs. I live in 1010 Alto Apartments which is located in Uptown. I also have two dogs. My dogs have learnt to do their business outside, but when they need to go potty, they just stand at the front door as if there is an invisible wall stopping them from going outside, or the outside of uptown isn't registered as the outdoors. Even when I ask them to go potty it still is no use. The only way for my dogs to do their business is to either wait for hours and they will just do it inside or if I take them for a walk then encourage them to do it. It would be amazing if this bug was to be patched, and if a developer is reading this, thank you so much for your time. I very much so appreciate it. :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Other simmers are also having this issue in apartments. Some simmers have found that living in an apartment closer to the ground level when their sims household has pets can help.

You’re welcome :)