Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

changes to CAS

Has the latest patch made changes to CAS? When I select Change Sim I don't seem to have the full range of changes that I used to have. For example when a Sim is converted to a vampire I can no longer edit the dark form. I am stuck with the changes the game assigns.

Comments

• Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    I think if they are converted to a vampire you have to use the full edit cheat to modify them. In case you don't know how you have to open cheats, ctrl shift C, then testingcheats on, after that says cheats enabled enter cas.fulleditmode and shift click the sim to edit. I don't think you've ever been able to edit the dark form of a converted sim any other way. If they were a brand new vampire you created in CAS then you can edit it right away, but not after without using that cheat.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I could edit the appearances of the dark forms of converted Sims just fine. You may have an odd bug in your game.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    No. I did a factory reset and the ability to modify the face in CAS as been removed. If you want to make that adjustment now you need to use the full CAS cheat. Before you could use the change sim option on a dresser and change everything except your traits.
  • Options
    Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    I have noticed two recent changes or bugs:

1. In CAS when you use the dresser to "change sim" you no longer have the ability to change the face. Thus when a sim is turned into a vampire you have no way to change the dark form of the new vampire. You will have to use the full edit mode cheat.

2. The Vampire ageing decorations such as spider web, cracks, stains etc. now cost. Previously they did not cost anything.

This is not a mod issued. I confirmed this with a game repair and factory reset.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited December 2017
    For as long as I remember you can only change clothes and makeup if you use a dresser or a wardrobe. In order to get into "almost full" (including Dark Form for vampires) CAS you have to use a mirror.

To do physical changes you have to use cheatcodes OR use the "Edit Household" from the "Manage World" screen.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I have also noticed this bug. Sometimes (especially when household has pets) I enter the Change Sim mode in CAS, I cannot change face anymore. This is very annoying as teens must have acne until they're elders, but I want to get rid of the acne once they become young adults.
    So you're not alone. You'll have to use cheats until they fix it. After that players can change the face and vampire details in CAS again by Change Sim interaction and by manage households.