Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does this happen in anyone else's game? Lot's and Houses bin glitch.

theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
I have The Sims 2 Deluxe & H&M Fashion stuff (still waiting on that shipment of TS2 expansions, it was supposed to get here before the 25th! :'( ) and in the lots and houses bin, the nightlife driveway lots appear as normal at first, but then they repeat on the list about ten times, so to get to the end I have to scroll through the same four lots ten times. if you were wondering, the H&M fashion store lots from the stuff pack to not share this curiosity. anyone else have this issue?
MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif

Comments

• Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Oh, that one's easy. You have the same file in your lots bin multiple times. Just open up "lots" and delete all duplicates. ;)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    Oh, that one's easy. You have the same file in your lots bin multiple times. Just open up "lots" and delete all duplicates. ;)

good, good. why does it happen though? I have not done any tampering with the lot's and houses bin.
  • Options
    This happens sometimes installing a stuff pack to an existing game. It saves your lot bin from before when it writes new lots into it when you install. It doesn't want to overwrite custom lots (and if it did and you had a corrupt lot in the game you might destroy a game this way.)
  • Options
    it was like that before I installed H&M stuff though.
  • Options
    theFella wrote: »
    it was like that before I installed H&M stuff though.

*Squints suspiciously at Deluxe.*

In any case, duplicates should be safe to delete.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    How many lot files do you have in your Documents? Go to your Documents EA Games. Open The Sims 2 (in documents) look at the lots bin catalog file. Do you have an extra Lot catalog file in there you forgot about? This could be why your game is loading both lot catalog files. Duplicates. You need to remove one of them. If none or very important (Lot Catalog File) you can delete the file make sure you don't click anything else to delete but the Lot Catalog File and don't wind up deleting your household files. It will regenerate when you load game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    You can delete the extra from the bin in game... I've had this happen several times but it was from me messing with the game files by putting in clean files and moving them around. :)

Should be able... I don't know when it was added because we couldn't in the beginning. :(