Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Pets!?

victoriae350victoriae350 Posts: 342 Member
I'd like an insider input on the Sims 4 pets. I'm looking to get a expansion pack for the Sims 4, and i love Pets. Seems like the perfect pick.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    I don't have the pack yet because I'm on a very long hiatus from The Sims franchise but there's a rumor going around that The Sims 4 pets has animals in them. :( You have dogs and cats that will bark and meow there way into your life before you can say "Who took a dump on my fresh carpet?"
  • Options
    WoolenhatWoolenhat Posts: 255 Member
    Its actually the sims 4 CATS AND DOGS but it includes racoon's and foxes (wh8ch are basically differently painted dogs and cats) ;)
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Woolenhat wrote: »
    Its actually the sims 4 CATS AND DOGS but it includes racoon's and foxes (wh8ch are basically differently painted dogs and cats) ;)

Foxes and Raccoons also have their own distinctive voice you can choose so they are different animals despite being located in the cat or dog section.
  • Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited December 2017
    I don't have the pack yet because I'm on a very long hiatus from The Sims franchise but there's a rumor going around that The Sims 4 pets has animals in them. :(
  • Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited December 2017
    Umm.... Are you being sarcastic? That's not even a rumour. What did you expect in a pack called "Cats and Dogs"?

P.S. (That's what its called, not Pets.)

@DegrassiGen
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited December 2017
    I was not crazy about the idea of having pets in my game, but I thought the CAS and BB items were pretty great, so I did get Cats & Dogs on sale. There are actually a lot of threads with pictures and gameplay feedback already. I have not experienced major bugs yet myself and the pets are very cute, I must say.

hqhKKUo.jpg

The only bug I had was when I was adopting little Frankie in the pictures above. But I found out what the issue was and then it worked out in the end.
    But some players are facing quite a lot of bugs and perhaps it would be good for you to get some information on that before making the choice to purchase the pack.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    > @AmySims09 said:
    > Umm.... Are you being sarcastic? That's not even a rumour. What did you expect in a pack called "Cats and Dogs"?
    >
    > P.S. (That's what its called, not Pets.)

Poe's law applies to more than just YECs. :P
  • Options
    AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    Well if you're going to get a pack for sure and you like animals then sure. Just don't be surprised when you think it's weird that you travel to places you're supposed to go with your pet by yourself. Also it's kind of sad when you take one dog for a walk but you have 4? So you take one, come back, take the other, etc. Also, the Vet career is a little messy imo
    23rif7.gif
  • Options
    MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    > @AuzzPanda said:
    > Well if you're going to get a pack for sure and you like animals then sure. Just don't be surprised when you think it's weird that you travel to places you're supposed to go with your pet by yourself.

In line with how the rest of the game works, though. Have your parent sim run around meeting toddlers in order to invite them to a toddler playdate event. Then invite the toddlers, have the event, and the caretakers arrive... without their toddlers. And make themselves at home in the hosts' house. Stay for hours, in the absence of the actual invitees.
    What would be great is a mod to let you tell off the parent for essentially inviting themself over. Imagine inviting kids to a RL birthday party and having their parents show up and the party without the kid. You'd probably call the cops.
  • Options
    AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    @Maggiedoll

Agreed. It must be a glitch though. The glitching in The Sims 4 is actually very over-looked. I feel TS3 is glitch-less in comparison.
    23rif7.gif
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    I say, buy it. It doesn't have minor animals or horses, but it adds a good bit more to the overall gameplay. If you love animals, ya can't really go wrong here!
  • Options
    SirJoy113SirJoy113 Posts: 1 New Member
    why can not you control your pets....... or how???:#
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    SirJoy113 wrote: »
    why can not you control your pets....... or how???:#

You control sim cats and dogs the same way you control real cats and dogs. With training and hope they obey.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    However if you want to be able to control your pets, there is a mod already out there.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Aside from the bugs which may or may not get fixed someday it's a decent filler for now.But the amazing thing is soon your Sim can spend the day and night doing laundry.
  • Options
    PhoeSavsMom_83PhoeSavsMom_83 Posts: 20 Member
    I just bought the pack yesterday and so far it seems to be entertaining. I like the fact that you can breed your animals or choose to get them spayed and neutered.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top